This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|💀Died||22 August 1977 (aged 33–34)|
Mumbai22 August 1977 (aged 33–34)
💵 Salary :
|📆 Years active||1967–1974|
Vimi (1943 – 22 August 1977) was an Indian film actress who acted in Indian films such as Aabroo, Hamraaz and Patanga. She starred with Sunil Dutt in Hamraaz and became notable.
Vimi debuted opposite Sunil Dutt in the B. R. Chopra-directed Hamraaz in 1967. The film was a hit, but did not help her career. She appeared with Shashi Kapoor in Patanga (1971) and Vachan (1974). She was the leading lady in Aabroo (1968), opposite Deepak Kumar.
Vimi was a Punjabi Sikh girl who married Shiv Agarwal, son of an Industrialist, with whom she had one son and one daughter. Music Director Ravi got introduced to her at a party in Calcutta and later invited her and Shiv to Mumbai. He introduced them to B. R. Chopra and that is how Vimi got her first film.
As Sunil Dutt sang to her ("Na Sar Jhuka Ke Jeeo, Na Munh Chhupako Jeeo"), the enchanting image of Vimi won the viewers' hearts.
Soon after the success of Humraaz, her next big project Aabroo was released in 1968. This film, however, bombed at the box office. Even veteran actors like Ashok Kumar and Nirupa Roy who were also the part of the film couldn't do much to save it.
After the failure of Aabroo things went downward spiral for Vimi who was now reduced to pose for photoshoots in magazines. Patanga, her 1971 film with Shashi Kapoor, also failed to strike a chord with the audience. Thus after successive flop films, she went into oblivion.
In an obituary released after her death, several hostile details were revealed which included her being physically abused by her husband and their eventual separation. Following her separation, she started a textile business in Calcutta but that too failed miserably. Devastated by her professional and personal life, Vimi took refute in alcohol. As her money started dwindling, it is said that she also turned towards prostitution just to buy drinks to feed her crave. 
Finally after a tumultuous and tragic life, Vimi died on 22 August 1977 due to liver disease in the general ward of Nanavati hospital. Her body was taken to the crematorium in a thela hand cart.
Songs picturised on her:
- "Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Wada Karo" - Hamraaz (1967)
- "Na Muh Chupaake Jiyo" - Hamraaz (1967)
- "Neele Gagan Ke Tale" - Hamraaz (1967)
- "Kisi Pathar Ki Moorat Se" - Hamraaz (1967)
- "Aap Se Pyar Hua" - Aabroo (1968)
- "Jinhe Hum Bhulna Chahe" - Aabroo (1968)
- "Thoda Ruk Jayegi To Tera Kya Jayega" - Patanga (1971)
|1967||Hamraaz||Meena Verma||Debut film|
|1969||Nanak Nam Jahaz Hai||Chinni||National Award winning Punjabi film|
|1971||Kahin Aar Kahin Paar||Dancer princess|
|1973||Kahani Hum Sab Ki|
- "The untold, tragic tale of 'Humraaz' actress Vimi". News18. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Pakeezah actress Geeta Kapoor's case, while heartbreaking, is not an isolated one". Firstpost. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- "Hindi Cinema's Fallen Stars". Probashi. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "Tragic Story Of Famous Actress From Super Stardom To Prostitution, Dead Body Was Taken To Graveyard Via Handcart". Pagal Parrot. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- The Times of India directory and year book including who's who. Bennett, Coleman & Co. 1979. p. 241. Search this book on