Virginia Knights Militia
|Leaders||Mike "Boogaloo Boi" Dunn|
|Dates of operation||2019-Present|
|Active region(s)||Various Virginia Counties|
The Virginia Knights Militia is a private anti-governmental militia associated with the Boogaloo movement headed by a Boogaloo and veteran Mike Dunn.
The Militia was created amid concerns about recent about red flag laws in the Virginia legislator.
Mike "Boogaloo Boi" Dunn
Mike Dunn is the leader of the militia group, and has been described as a member of the anti-governmental extremist Boogaloo Movement. He has been cited as a thought leader in the movement by sources such as Vice Media Group.
The general ideology of the group can be described as a mix of Boogaloo, and traditionalist Militia ideas such as III percenter ideology.
The group also advocates for Gun rights, with leader Mike Dunn stating “I wanted to form a group of armed citizens that wants to defend the Constitution of the United States, while at the same time helping educate individuals on firearms and weapons rights,”
The group has been described as Extremist Insurgent or Anti-government by groups such as Vice Media, however, this has been contested by Dunn.Most of the Militia describe themselves as Libertarian. The group, unlike traditionist militia groups, have been willing to collaborate with left-wing groups such as BLM and the New Black Panthers.
On July 6, 2020, a mix of Virginia Knights and BLM activists attended a rally in support of gun rights, which was a part of the Boogaloo Movement's efforts to breach divides in between the two groups for the common goal of gun rights.
On August 17 2020 various members joined a rally with other groups such as Black Lives Matter and various libertarian groups.
On August 18, 2020 about 100 militia members, some Trump supporters and a few BLM activists, marched in downtown Richmond during a special session of the general assembly.
On October 15, 2020, the militia (along with their recently released leader Mike Dunn) broke local ordinances that banned the open carrying of firearms on city property, to meet at a local police station to protest various issues that included the arrest of the leader by the Newport News Police Department, the fatal and controversial shootings and killings by officers (cases such as Duncan Lemp, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd) and the tear gassing of protestors by police. The protest stayed peaceful, with Police Chief Steve R. Drew greeting the activists and offering chocolate milk to Mike Dunn, who had been arrested by Newport News Police and disarmed a week earlier under the same ordinance.
- Ayers, Caleb (22 Feb 2020). "Amid push for gun control laws in General Assembly, dozens rally to join militia for Pittsylvania and Halifax counties". Unknown parameter
- Media, Vice (6 Aug 2020). "The Making of the Boogaloo Boi". Unknown parameter
- Vice News, (YouTube). "The Making of Boogaloo Boi". Unknown parameter
- New2Share (17 August 2020). "Armed 2A rally unites BLM, Libertarians, Black Panthers, and Boogaloo Boys in Richmond". Unknown parameter
- New2Shares (6 July 2020). "Armed Pro-Gun and BLM activists join for rally against police and government overreach in Richmond". Unknown parameter
- New2Share (18 August 2020). "Virginia Militia marches against gun control during Special Legislative Session in Richmond". Unknown parameter
- New2Share. "Protesters defy local gun ordinance at VA police station". Unknown parameter
This article "Virginia Knights Militia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Virginia Knights Militia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.