October 28, 1988|
Gaylord, Michigan, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||227 lb (103 kg; 16 st 3 lb)|
San Antonio Rampage
53rd overall, 2007|
Columbus Blue Jackets
Will Weber (born October 28, 1988) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman. He is currently playing for the Eispiraten Crimmitschau of the DEL2. Weber was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2nd round (53rd overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
As a junior, Weber played the 2007–08 season with the Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League (USHL) who had selected him as the first overall pick at the 2007 USHL Entry Draft. He then attended Miami University where he played four seasons of NCAA Division I ice hockey with the Miami RedHawks, where he was recognized for his outstanding performance during the 2009–10 when he was named the CCHA Best Defensive Defenseman. In 2011, as an alternate captain, he led his team to their first-ever Conference Championship title, and was named to the All-CCHA Tournament Team.
After three full seasons with the Blue Jackets AHL affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, Weber left the Jackets organization as a free agent and was belatedly signed to a two-way AHL contract with the San Antonio Rampage. After attending the Rampage's 2015 training camp, he was assigned to ECHL affiliate, the Fort Wayne Komets to begin the 2015–16 season. Weber remained with the Komets for the majority of the season, leading the club with 103 penalty minutes in 64 contests.
Having only featured in 2 scoreless games with the Rampage, Weber was not retained in the off-season and on August 17, 2016, he opted to continue in the ECHL with the Fort Wayne Komets, signing a one-year deal.
Upon completing his second season with the Komets, Weber as a free agent opted to sign abroad in agreeing to a one-year deal with Germany second tier outfit, Eispiraten Crimmitschau of the DEL2, on July 26, 2017.
|2008–09||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||38||3||2||5||75||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||43||1||9||10||62||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||33||1||10||11||57||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||40||0||4||4||69||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Fort Wayne Komets||ECHL||64||3||8||11||103||16||0||3||3||22|
|2015–16||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||Fort Wayne Komets||ECHL||67||3||6||9||76||8||0||0||0||4|
Awards and honors
|USHL Entry Draft First Overall Selection||2007|||
|CCHA Best Defensive Defenseman||2009–10|||
|CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament champion||2011|||
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2011|||
- "Will Weber Biography". Miami RedHawks. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Columbus Blue Jackets Sign D Will Weber to Standard Two-Year Entry Level Contract". Columbus Blue Jackets. 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "Komets talking with Embach". News-Sentinel. 2015-10-05. Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- "Komets add four to pre-season roster". Fort Wayne Komets. 2016-08-17. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "ETC sign defender Will Weber" (in German). Eispiraten Crimmitschau. 2017-07-26. Retrieved 2017-07-26.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "William Weber player profile". eliteprospects.com. 2014-05-06. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- "Prospect Pulse: Will Weber". IllegalCurve.com. 2010-05-15. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Gaylord's Weber named CCHA's top 'Defensive Defenseman'". Petoskey-News.com. 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Cannon One on One: Will Weber". The Cannon.com. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Will Weber player profile". The Hockey News. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or ESPN.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Will Weber" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Will Weber. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.