|Founded 📆||June 6, 2006|
|Founders 👔||Chris Savage, Brendan Schwartz|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Wistia, Soapbox|
|Services||video hosting, video recording|
Number of employees
Wistia was founded in 2006 by Brendan Schwartz and Chris Savage. The two founders met at Brown University, where Chris was a film student and Brendan was a computer engineering major. Wistia's first client was a medical devices company.
Wistia also raised $200,000 in debt in 2009. Previously, the company raised $1.4 million in two rounds from angel investors, in 2008 and 2010. Angel investors include Renesys CEO Ashton Peery.
In 2018, Wistia reported annual revenue of $32M.
Awards and recognition
- "Wistia Company Profile". Craft. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Ditch the Venture Model, Say Founders Who Buy Out Early Investors to Make a Clear Break. The Wall Street Journal. Accessed 2018-10-02.
- "Company Overview of Wistia, Inc". Bloomberg. Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Sal Daher (9 May 2018). "Wistia's Remarkable Culture". Angel Invest Boston (Podcast). Angel Invest Boston. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Cruz, Victor. "Online Video Sharing and Collaboration Speeds Up Medical Device Development". ECN Magazine. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Geron, Tomio (2018-07-17). "Ditch the Venture Model, Say Founders Who Buy Out Early Investors to Make a Clear Break". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- O'Brien, Kelly J. (2018-07-18). "Video startup Wistia to buy out investors with $17M in debt". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities, item 06 Acc-no:0001473673-10-000001 (Report). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. 2010-03-24.
- "Ashton Peery". CB Insights. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Martin, Dylan (2018-01-17). "Here Are the Best Boston Software Companies, According to G2". BostInno. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Staff, Entrepreneur (2017-02-17). "Medium-Sized Companies: The Best Company Cultures in 2017". Entrepreneur. web. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
This article "Wistia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Wistia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.