|Born||October 23, 1963|
Artist, Director, Choreographer, Musician & Artistic advisor
|Known for||Owner and CEO of Orpan Group|
Yaron Meiri (born October 23, 1963) is an Israeli artist, director, choreographer, musician and artistic advisor. He is known for designing and establishing several museums, visitor centers and tourist attractions in Israel and around the world. He is the current owner and CEO of Orpan Group an arts designing company.
Meiri was born to Iraqi parents who migrated to Israel. He grew up and was educated in the city of Rehovot, Israel. As a child he was active in the Boy Scout movement, initially as an apprentice and then also as a mentor and elected for a representative band for the 4-month tour of the United States. He also learned music and how to play various types of musical instruments, including accordion, piano, guitar and drums. At the same time, he experimented with the performing arts, like drama, theater and all kinds of dance (ballet, jazz, tap, folk and modern ballet).
Education and military service
Meiri graduated from Tel Aviv University where he earned his Bachelor’s degree while still serving in the Israel Defense Forces. After completing his degree, he served as an intelligence officer from 1981-1989 within the Israel Defense Forces. Later, he studied for his PhD after majoring in the fields of Middle East studies, Arab literature and history.
As part of his training and studies for PhD in Middle Eastern history, Meiri taught in many educational settings and developed multiple educational programs for both schools and educational television channels. After the military service, he continued to study television subjects and went on to explore other languages, such as German, Italian and Persian.
Music and entertainment
In the late 1980s, Meiri entered the entertainment business: directing various entertainment shows, television shows and plays. In 1999, he founded a production company known as Good Company. He staged a lot of fashion shows and Spectacles for leading Israeli and international companies such as Coca-Cola, Osem, Discount Bank and more.
Meiri led projects as a strategic political advisor, wrote and directed electioneering and served as a consultant to leading international companies such as JLL and the Euro-Asian division of Coca Cola.
He also served as a strategic consultant, writer and a partner of directors team at Ehud Barak's election headquarters, advising various international companies, musically producing senior Israeli artists and producing performances various media.
During his work in Orpan, Meiri was a partner in a number of international tourism ventures, including the foundation of the theme attractions such as TimeElevators (Rome, Jerusalem, Agra and more).
As a choreographer, Meiri worked in Israel and overseas. He worked with various artists such as Yehoram Gaon, Dudu Dotan, Moti Giladi, and others. He has built many works of choreography for many artistic projects and televisions. These include: "Pre-Eurovision shows", dance works and more.
Meiri has carried out several exhibitions for major international companies such as Teva, NDS, Local Government Economic Services in Ashdod and Barcelona. He has staged shows for state and corporate events.
Meiri has designed and conceptualized museums. Among them include:
- The Enzo Ferrari Museum, in Modena, Italy
- The Tolerance Museum in Moscow
- The National Museum of Science & Technology in Stockholm, Sweden
- The interactive Jewish Museum in Santiago, Chile
- Tel Aviv Banking and Nostalgia Museum
Meiri was chosen to be the chief artistic director of the Bible park in Israel. He has designed and conceptualized several visitor centers. Among them include:
- Center of Senses - Coca-Cola's Visitor center, Israel
- Carlsberg's Beer Center, Ashkelon, Israel
- ANA educational Modules – Interactive educational Center, Masada, Pki’in, Tel-Chai (Israel)
- Portable educational modules of the Yad Vashem Museum
- Innovation Center - Smart Cities - Tel Aviv MIC
As an artistic consultant and advisor, Meiri has worked for companies like Coca-Cola, Ferrari, as well as mass entertainment productions, musicals in Germany and Italy, commercials, show reels, musical manager for various groups and albums etc.
In 2020. Meiri was elected as special adviser to the Prime Minister's Office and the Jerusalem City Development Authority for matters of national commemoration. In addition. Meiri is one of the planners of the virtual Jewish museum in Madrid.
Meiri serves as a consultant to the International consulting firm Deloitte and for the Israeli Governmental Tourism Company.
In 2022, Meiri was appointed an authorized representative of the Israeli Center for Local Government (known as Mashcal) for the distribution of the MiC concept (Municipal Innovation Center) to local municipal authorities around the world. The global distribution of the municipal innovation centers and the professional network accompanying the concept, are expected to develop under the name GMiC (Global Municipal Innovation Center).
Because of his experience combining many stage arts (music, dance, theater, television) - Meiri develops a unique work style that combines many disciplines and thus maximizes the artistic medium to other levels of practice. Within this framework - he has also developed unique work interfaces that include music programming, theater media combinations, etc.
Meiri is married to Dana, whom he knew during his military service and they have 3 children. In 2008, his youngest son had AVM: congenital malformation of the blood vessels of the brain. After the illness, Meiri wrote and published his book: Straight to the Brain.
- "Toledo Time Capsule: a multisensory experience that catches the viewer in the Middle Ages". digitalavmagazine.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- David Jackson,"Back to the Future". newswire.net. 29 April 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- David Jackson,"The Museum Comes To The Living Room: Culture During Corona Virus Days". london-post.co.uk. 6 April 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Yaron Meiri Owner & Chief Creative Officer at Orpan Group LTD". linkedin.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Yaron Meiri". alchetron.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "El Toledo de las Tres Culturas en la cápsula del tiempo". eleconomista.es. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Toledo Time Capsule», oferta turística para todos los sentidos". abc.es. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "רון מאירי: "ברגע שאתה מצליח להתקיף". themarker.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Toledo se encapsula para recordar el tiempo de la convivencia". abcblogs.abc.es. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Luna Park Of Smart Cities: The Spot That Lets You Update And Be Updated In The Urban Action". ritzherald.com. 20 April 2020. Text "urlhttp://ritzherald.com/luna-park-of-smart-cities-the-spot-that-lets-you-update-and-be-updated-in-the-urban-action/" ignored (help);
- "קבוצת אורפאן הישראלית משלימה הקמתו של פארק אטרקציות ענק עבור קוקה קולה בטורקיה". themarker.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "קבוצת אורפאן הישראלית משלימה הקמתו של פארק אטרקציות ענק עבור קוקה קולה בטורקיה". bizportal.co.il. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "קטלוג פסלים למכירה - תערוכת היטהרות, עפרה צימבליסטה". calameo.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "The Bible Park". orpan.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Straight to the Brain by Yaron Meiri". simania.co.il. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- Orpan Group website
- "The Museum comes to the living room: culture During Corona Virus days", London-post.co.uk, 6.4.2020
- Michael Bently, "Luna Park of Smart Cities: the spot that lets you update and be updated in the urban action". Ritz Herald, 20.4.2020
- David Jackson,"Back to the future". Newswire.net ,20.4.2020
- Yaron Meiri, "Muni – Experience", Sic-Production.com, 14.4.2020
- Jacob Maslow,"Deep Diving Adventure With Orpan Group and Yaron Meiri", Rushprnews.com, 11.6.2020
- Yaron Meiri. "Once Upon a Time There Was a Successful Brand: The Power of Storytelling in Commercial Visitor Centers", New York Today. 3.11.2021
- "Lick Art, Sniff The History: The Story of the Disappearing Senses in Museums and Visitor Centers",Overpasses For America, 3.5.2022
- I’m Talking to You with Yaron Meiri | Tzuzamen, 20.6.2022
- Vaizduotės inžinierius ir jo muziejai (Lithuanian), IQLife Magazine, 28.7.2022
- The New Museum’s intelligence: The curious connection between museums, visitor experience and AI, Edinburgpost, 26.12.2022
- The Sound of Curiosity: How Sound Enhances the Visitor Experience at Tourist Attractions, New Edge Times, 12.1.2023
- Turing Takes a Tour: AI’s Museum Visit Reveals the Future of Art and Artists, Khaleej Report, 26.1.2023
- Hospitality, Circus, And Dialogue: Unveiling The Power Of Branding Through Traveling Exhibitions, Culture Buzz, 18.9.2023
- The Mirror Method: Crafting Compelling Museum Stories for a Diverse Audience, VentsMagazine, 20.9.2023