2005 in Singapore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 January
- 15 January – Singapore and Malaysia settle dispute over land reclamation work.
- 16 January – Singapore national football team wins the 2004 Tiger Cup.
- 18 April – Singapore government approves plan to legalise casino gambling and build two Integrated Resorts.
- 8 July – In the aftermath of the 7 July 2005 London bombings, Transport Minister Yeo Cheow Tong announces plan to set up a new Police MRT Unit to enhance the security of Singapore's public transport.
- 2–9 July – The 117th IOC Session was held in Singapore, the biggest international sporting event to come to Singapore to date.
- 3 July – Badminton: Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia beat Chen Hong of the People's Republic of China (15-9, 15–3) to win the men's singles event in the Aviva Open Singapore 2005.
- 2 May – Wee Kim Wee, former president of Singapore
- 7 December – Devan Nair, former president of Singapore
|This Singapore-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "2005 in Singapore" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.