Welcome to EverybodyWiki ! Sign in to improve or create : an article, a company page or a bio (yours ?)...
2018 in Singapore
Events in the year 2018 in Singapore.
Incumbents[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
March[edit | edit source]
- 26 March - Uber declared to withdraw from Southeast Asia to end a war of attrition with a fierce local rival and has agreed to sell its Southeast Asian operations to Grab. Under the agreement, Grab will acquire all of Uber's operations in a region of 620 million people, including food delivery service UberEats.
May[edit | edit source]
- 9 May - The Jurong Region Line is officially unveiled at Canberra MRT Station, a fully-elevated line running for 24km with 24 stations. It will be completed in stages from 2026 to 2028, which will serve areas like Tengah, NTU, Boon Lay, Jurong, Jurong Pier, and Pandan Reservoir.
June[edit | edit source]
- June 12 – Singapore hosted the first summit meeting between the leaders of the United States and North Korea.
December[edit | edit source]
- 31 December - Analog television will cease operation as Singapore completes its digital switchover.
Deaths[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Uber sells South East Asia business to Grab". BBC News. 2018-03-26. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "Jurong Region Line, Singapore's 7th MRT line, to open in three phases from 2026". The Straits Times. 9 May 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "PM Lee congratulates Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un on successful conclusion of summit". Channel NewsAsia. 12 June 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- "Football: Fandi Ahmad leads tributes for local football legend Majid Ariff". straitstimes.com. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Veteran political cartoonist Morgan Chua dies at 68
- "Old Guard minister Jek Yeun Thong dies at 88; 'a deep loss to the nation', says PM Leewebsite = todayonline.com". Retrieved 14 June 2018.
This article "2018 in Singapore" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.