2017 in Singapore
- President: Tony Tan Keng Yam (until 31 August), J. Y. Pillay (Acting)(until 14 September), Halimah Yacob (starting 14 September)
- Prime Minister: Lee Hsien Loong
- 21 January - The launch of homegrown bike sharing firm oBike. Since then, Ofo, Mobike, SG Bike, GBikes and Baicycle have launched in the following months, leading to the national bike sharing scheme scrapped.
- 1 April – The closure of Singapore's 2G network
- 17 April - Former politician Othman Wok passes on.
- 2 June - Singapore recorded the highest number of job losses in Q1 in 14 years according to Citi Research.
- 12 June - An infant-care assistant became the first Singaporean woman to be detained under the Internal Security Act for radicalism.
- 18 June - Tuas Extension of the East West MRT Line opens
- 3 July - PM Lee Hsien Loong convened a two-day special Parliamentary session to clear himself on accusations of abuse of power made by his siblings in a dispute over their parents' Oxley Road house.
- 14 July - A new viaduct adjacent to the slip road from Upper Changi Road East to PIE collapsed during casting of deck, killing one construction worker and injuring 10 others.
- 4 August - Professor Huang Jing, a Director of Center on Asia and Globalization at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, became the first person known to be permanently banned from Singapore after being accused by the Ministry of Home Affairs for working with a foreign government to influence its foreign policy.
- 5 August - Construction worker dies of highly contagious bacterial infection diphtheria, the first case to resurface in 25 years.
- 6 August - Our Tampines Hub officially opens
- 20 August - Singapore beat Malaysia 17-4 to win its 27th SEA Games gold medal in men’s water polo. This is the country’s longest winning streak in the sport.
- 21 August - 10 US marines went missing after destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with an oil tanker Alnic MC east of Singapore at 5:24am.
- 31 August - Tony Tan steps down from Presidency.
- 13 September - Halimah Yacob was declared President via a walkover, as no other candidates were eligible to contest in an election.
- 13 September - 2 ships collided near Singapore waters.
- 07 October - Unprecedented flooding occurred in the MRT tunnels of the North South Line due to a malfunctioned pump. Train services between Ang Mo Kio and Newton were disrupted for 21 hours.
- 21 October - Stage 3 of the Downtown Line begins operations.
- 31 October - Changi Airport Terminal 4 begins operations.
- Cheong, Danson (21 January 2017). "New bike-sharing system gets rolling". The Straits Times.
- "Plans for national bike sharing schene scrapped as presence of companies providing such services increases". The Straits Times. 24 March 2017.
- "2G Services to Cease on 1 April 2017". Info-communications Media Development Authority.
- "Job loss in Singapore hits 14-year high in Q1". Yahoo News Singapore. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Cheong, Danson (13 June 2017). "First woman held under ISA for pro-ISIS activities". The Straits Times. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Yong, Nicholas (3 July 2017). "Lee family feud: MPs call for independent inquiry on abuse of power allegations". Yahoo News Singapore.
- "Structure on highway under construction collapses near PIE, leaving 1 dead, 10 injured". Yahoo News Singapore. 14 July 2017.
- "Uncompleted viaduct near PIE collapses; 1 dead, 10 injured". Channel NewsAsia. 14 July 2017. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "Singapore bans prominent professor for influencing its foreign policy". The New Indian Express.
- Paddock, Richard C. (5 August 2017). "Singapore Orders Expulsion of American Academic". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331.
- "Worker, 21, dies from diphtheria; first local case in 25 years: MOH". TODAY. 5 August 2017.
- Chin, Nigel (20 August 2017). "SEA Games: Men's water polo team earn 27th gold medal in dominant fashion". Yahoo News Singapore.
- Lendon, Brad (21 August 2017). "Navy continues search for sailors, wants answers". CNN.
- Toh, Elgin (31 August 2017). "President Tony Tan leaves office today". The Straits Times.
- U-Wen, Lee. "Halimah Yacob declared president-elect after walkover victory". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- Lai, Linette; Seow, Bei Yi; Au-Yong, Rachel (14 September 2017). "Two ships collide in Singapore waters; 7 injured, 2 dead, 3 missing". The Straits Times.
- "Flooded MRT tunnel, trackside fire caused train disruption on NSL: SMRT". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Sin, Yuen (9 October 2017). "Problem with water pumps behind North-South Line disruption over weekend". The Straits Times. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Tan, Christopher (20 October 2017). "Downtown Line 3 officially opens; Khaw Boon Wan announces review of fares incurred when switching between stations". The Straits Times. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "SMRT collision second incident in MRT's 30-year history". The Straits Times. 15 November 2017. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
Other articles of the category 2017 in Southeast Asia : BIX Malaysia, Ilocos Norte Tobacco Excise Tax funds controversy, Maesot City F.C., 2017 ASEAN Clubs Invitational Tournament, Imee Marcos' Misuse of Tobacco Excise Tax Funds
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Singapore-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "2017 in Singapore" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:2017 in Singapore. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.