A. J. Witt
A.J. Witt is an American storyteller best known for his new adult fantasy sci-fi book series The Source published by Spring Cedars. He has also written and illustrated a web comic series titled Behind the Byte as well as the graphic novel series Havens Edge.
Witt's personal life is filled with mystery, much like his stories. According to his author biography, he is a corporate lawyer in Manhattan and writes under a pseudonym.
A.J. Witt in 2017
|Genre||Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction, New adult fiction|
|Notable awards||Readers' Favorite Five Stars|
A.J. Witt's first novel, The Source: Origins (2019), takes place in a medieval futuristic world that struggles to maintain a balance of power. It received the Readers' Favorite Five Stars Award in 2019. The following year it was presented at the COSine 2020 Fantasy Sci-Fi Convention in Colorado Springs, CO. Critics praised the novel for being original, exciting, intelligent, masterful, well written, fast-paced, captivating, and on par with any NYT Best Seller. One critic said it’s a “truly fantastic, exciting and intelligent work of fiction... A. J. Witt has a talent for creating worlds which we step into and perhaps never want to leave. A highly recommended read." —K.C. Finn, Readers’ Favorite.
The second book in The Source series, Galactic Steps, was released in 2020. It was also well received and described as a terrific and captivating sequel. Reedsy Discovery reviewer Jim Karas notes that “A.J. Witt has really pulled off an incredible sequel. Science fiction as well as realism coexist beautifully in this book. All of the characters have pressing matters of survival and social elevation. The dialogue flows beautifully and it delivers an astonishing feeling of everyday encounters. This is truly a book that exceeds expectations. By the end, the reader is left with his or her mouth agape, anxiously waiting for the next book of the series to see what comes after.” —Karas Jim, Reedsy Discovery.
In 2020, Witt released his pencil-drawn web comic series, Behind the Byte. Each story reveals what happens behind the scenes of famous video games including The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Pokémon, and Tetris. On the author's website, readers are able to vote for which video game they want to see next.
List of works
- The Source: Origins (2019)
- The Source: Galactic Steps (2020)
- Bridge of Life: Havens Edge (Issue 1) (2021)
- "Behind the Byte: Homestead Hyrule" (2021-present)
- "Behind the Byte: Pipes and Mushrooms" (2021-present)
- "Behind the Byte: Poké-Z" (2021-present)
- "Behind the Byte: Tetrominos" (2021-present)
- 2019 Readers' Favorite Five Stars Award, The Source: Origins
- "A.J. Witt". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2021-08-13.
- "Origins (The Source Series, #1)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- "Book review of The Source: Origins". Readers' Favorite. 2019-09-20. Retrieved 2021-08-13.
- "The Source at COSine Convention | Blog". Spring Cedars. 2020-01-20. Retrieved 2021-08-13.
- Noble, Barnes &. "The Source: Origins|Paperback". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- "Amazon.com: Customer reviews: The Source: Origins". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- ".Book Review for Origins: The Source by A. J. Witt". Book Confessions Secrets. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- "A.J. Witt's sci-fi novel "The Source: Origins" tells a relevant and animated adventure – DU Clarion". Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- "Galactic Steps (The Source Series, #2)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- "Amazon.com: Customer reviews: The Source: Galactic Steps". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
- "The Source: Galactic Steps (Book 2) by A.J. Witt - Reviewed by Karas Jim". Discovery. Retrieved 2021-08-14.
- "Behind the Byte". ajwitt.com. Retrieved 2021-08-14.
- "Bridge of Life". ajwitt.com. Retrieved 2021-08-14.
- "A.J. Witt's New Graphic Novel | Blog". Spring Cedars. 2021-08-03. Retrieved 2021-08-17.
Category:Living people Category:21st-century writers Category:21st-century novelists Category:Science fiction writers Category:Fantasy writers Category:Storytellers Category:Graphic novelists Category:Webcomic creators
This article "A. J. Witt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:A. J. Witt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.