|Born||1968/1969 (age 49–50)|
|Board member of|
Alexander Jutkowitz is the chief executive officer (CEO) of the digital content consultancy Group SJR, part of the multinational advertising and public relations company WPP plc. Jutkowitz is also CEO of H+K U.S., a division of Hill+Knowlton Strategies, and has served on the boards of Ad Council, Claremont Graduate University, and the Columbia Journalism Review.
Career[edit | edit source]
In mid 1999, Jutkowitz left his role as chairman and partner of the New York-based public relations and research firm Global Strategy Group to join as partner and president of BSMG's KRC Research division. Prior to joining KRC Research, Jutkowitz worked with Chase Bank, New Line Cinema, and Simon & Schuster. He was named president of the management consulting firm Westhill Partners in October 2002. Jutkowitz also served as president and CEO of the company's marketing research and consulting division, Westhill Consulting (now known as FTI).
Jutkowitz established the content and digital firm Group SJR in 2004. Group SJR was acquired by Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) and the multinational advertising and public relations company WPP plc in June 2013. Jutkowitz was subsequently named H+K's vice chairman and chief global strategist.
In June 2015, J. Walter Thompson and Group SJR announced the launch of a content marketing company called Colloquial. Jutkowitz was named CEO of the newly formed firm. That same month, the messaging service Snapchat, the British newspaper Daily Mail, and WPP announced the launch of a content marketing and social agency called Truffle Pig, which originated from discussions between WPP founder and CEO Martin Sorrell and Jon Steinberg, who serves as CEO of Daily Mail US. Jutkowitz, a friend of Steinberg, was recruited to serve as the agency's CEO by Sorrell. Jutkowitz is credited for the agency's name, which he had previously wanted to use for Group SJR.
Jutkowitz was named CEO of H+K U.S., a division of Hill+Knowlton Strategies, in May. He maintains his role as CEO and managing partner of Group SJR. In mid 2017, Jutkowitz ranked number 32 in PRWeek's "Power List". His book, The Strategic Storyteller: Content Marketing in the Age of the Educated Consumer, was published by John Wiley & Sons in August 2017.
Board service[edit | edit source]
Jutkowitz was serving on the Columbia Journalism Review's "Board of Overseers" in 2013. He served on Claremont Graduate University's board of trustees, and has served on the Ad Council's board of directors since 2015. Jutkowitz is currently on The New School's board of trustees.
Works[edit | edit source]
- The Strategic Storyteller: Content Marketing in the Age of the Educated Consumer. John Wiley & Sons. August 28, 2017. ISBN 9781119345114.
References[edit | edit source]
- Kessler, Sarah (April 10, 2014). "Meet the Biggest Publishing Company You've Never Heard Of". Fast Company. Mansueto Ventures. ISSN 1085-9241. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- Genny, X. (November 3, 1996). "Citizen X; Turn out or turn off". Star Tribune. Star Tribune Media Company. Retrieved August 23, 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Sanchez, Rene; Gillan, Audrey (August 1, 1997). "Outnumbered, Outvoted, Out of Clout on the Hill; Generation X Virtually Ignored in Budget Plan". The Washington Post. WP Company LLC. ISSN 0190-8286. OCLC 2269358. Retrieved August 23, 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Mayer, Caroline E. (October 11, 1997). "A New Generation In Home Buying; X Marks the Spot as Younger Buyers Put Down Roots With a Place of Their Own". The Washington Post. Retrieved August 23, 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Industry Business Buzz". PR News. June 21, 1999. Retrieved August 23, 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "News in brief: Appointment at Westhill Partners". PRWeek. Retrieved August 23, 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Czarnecki, Sean (May 16, 2017). "Hill+Knowlton Strategies ups Jutkowitz to US CEO; Balsam exits". PRWeek. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- O'Reilly, Lara (September 4, 2015). "We found out what's going on with Truffle Pig — the ad agency Snapchat, WPP, and The Daily Mail launched at Cannes". Business Insider. Axel Springer SE. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Shah, Aarti. "H+K Ups Content Play With Group SJR Acquisition". The Holmes Report. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- Ember, Sydney (June 23, 2015). "Snapchat Joins Daily Mail and WPP Agency in Marketing Venture". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. ISSN 0362-4331. OCLC 1645522. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- McClellan, Steve (June 8, 2015). "JWT, Group SJR Partner In New Content Marketing Venture". MediaPost Communications. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- "J. Walter Thompson-Group SJR Launch Colloquial Content Marketing Unit". The Daily Mirror. Colombo: Wijeya Newspapers. June 12, 2015. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- Shields, Mike (June 23, 2015). "WPP, Daily Mail, Snapchat Partner to Launch Content Marketing Company Truffle Pig". The Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company (News Corp). ISSN 0099-9660. OCLC 781541372. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- O'Reilly, Lara (June 23, 2015). "Snapchat, WPP, and The Daily Mail have just launched an ad agency". Business Insider. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- Shah, Aarti (May 17, 2017). "H+K Makes Alexander Jutkowitz US CEO As Beth Balsam Exits". The Holmes Report. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- "Alex Jutkowitz, U.S. CEO, Hill+Knowlton Strategies: Power List 2017". PRWeek. July 5, 2017. Retrieved December 20, 2017. (Subscription required (. ))
- "How Ads Can Tell a Story: Why Successful Advertisers Are Great Story Tellers". Cheddar. August 29, 2017. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Brown, Damon (August 31, 2017). "Why Your Story is the Secret to Your Success". Inc. Mansueto Ventures. ISSN 0162-8968. Retrieved September 13, 2017.
- Aston, Rebecca (December 4, 2017). "Recommended reading: Strategic storytelling and the value of building a side business". Marketing Week. London: Centaur Media. ISSN 0141-9285. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- "Who, what, when, where, why, and how". Columbia Journalism Review. Columbia University. September–October 2013. ISSN 0010-194X. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Board of Trustees" (PDF). Claremont Graduate University. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- "Board of Directors". Ad Council. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Board of Trustees". The New School. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
[edit | edit source]
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Nisen, Max (November 5, 2012). "Big Brands Are Pouring Money Into Their Own Custom News Sites". Business Insider.
- "The PR Week 6.16.2017: Hill+Knowlton's Alexander Jutkowitz on Cannes, Uber". PRWeek. June 16, 2017.
This article "Alexander Jutkowitz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Alexander Jutkowitz/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.