Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lua error in Module:Effective_protection_level at line 60: attempt to index field 'TitleBlacklist' (a nil value).
Texas in 2011
|Born||May 25, 1985|
|📆 Years active||2006–present|
|Notable work||Bloodlust Zombies (2011)|
Bikini Frankenstein (2010)
Mr. Pete (m. 2008–2013)
|🏅 Awards||AVN Awards|
The 2020 book Human Resource Management in the Pornography Industry characterized Texas as one of "the most popular porn performers" according to her following on Instagram — with 3.8 million followers.
Early life and education
Texas spent her early life in Castroville, Texas. Her ancestry is from Puerto Rico, Norway, and Germany. She played basketball in high school in Texas. She attended Texas State University studying respiratory care therapy, and received an associate's degree. She worked at a restaurant as a bartender and assistant manager in San Marcos, Texas. While working at the restaurant, she was discovered by Jack Venice of Shane's World. Venice offered her a job in the adult industry. Texas began working in adult films at age 21.
Pornographic acting and recognition
Texas's first scene was with Jack Venice in Shane's World's College Amateur Tour in Texas, filmed in October 2006. This was followed by several scenes for Bang Bros in Florida. She moved to Los Angeles and began shooting scenes for the LA Direct modeling agency in March 2007. Released in February 2008, Discovering Alexis Texas was directed by the adult performer Belladonna. Later that year, she won the NightMoves Award for Best New Starlet. Texas was featured on the cover of Genesis magazine in April 2009, and Hustler magazine's 35th anniversary edition in June 2009. The same year, Texas launched her official website and formed her own company Alexis Texas Entertainment, as a subsidiary of Starlet Entertainment Group. Her website would go on to win an XBIZ Award for Performer Site of the Year. In 2010, she was named by Maxim as one of the 12 top female stars in porn. She was credited the same year with an acting role in the film Bikini Frankenstein.
Mainstream cinema and directing
In 2011, Texas starred in the comedy horror film Bloodlust Zombies. Credited with the lead role in the film, it was her first performance in mainstream cinema. She also appeared in the music video for "Bandz a Make Her Dance" by Juicy J in 2012. By 2012, Texas had appeared in over 400 films in the adult industry. That year, Texas signed an exclusive, one-year contract with the company Adam & Eve. Texas was featured as the cover model for The Big Butt Book. In 2013, she was one of the 16 actresses portrayed in Deborah Anderson's documentary film Aroused. She subsequently appeared in the 2013 romantic comedy film Don Jon written and directed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. In 2014 International Business Times placed her among "the most popular names in the adult industry".
Vivid Radio featured a show entitled Alexis Texas: Sex ED in 2015. In June 2015, Elegant Angel signed her to an exclusive directing contract. Her directorial debut, Big Booty Tryouts, was released the following month. She appeared in all of the film's scenes, which were the first ones she shot after a nearly two-year hiatus from performing. Texas directed a cast in the film that included Anikka Albrite, Abella Danger, AJ Applegate, Keisha Grey and Dani Daniels. She also directed The Real Buttwoman Returns, which featured her first gangbang scene. Texas was selected as co-host of the 2015 AVN Awards. She subsequently signed an exclusive acting deal with Elegant Angel in 2016.
Social media and evolving career
In her 2018 book Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery, gender studies scholar Camille Nurka called Texas, "one of the most successful porn stars of the last decade". The same year, she was included as a popular culture reference in the song "Yacht Club" on the album Nuthin' 2 Prove by rapper Lil Yachty. Texas directed Kleio Valentien, Jenna Foxx, Sammie Six, Dava Foxx, Jayde Cole, Anna Foxxx and Zoey Monroe in the 2019 Elegant Angel release Alexis Texas Lesbian House Party. Las Vegas Weekly observed in 2019 that Texas was a sought-after guest at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo, commenting that she was "perennially popular" at the annual event. The 2020 book Human Resource Management in the Pornography Industry by author David M. Kopp noted Texas was one of "the most popular porn performers" according to her following on Instagram — with 3.8 million followers. In 2020, Texas stated she had not filmed any new adult scenes for 4 years; she focused on evolving her career and her podcast Private Talk With Alexis Texas. She released her podcast via Apple Podcasts, YouTube, and Podbay.fm. Texas interviewed singer-songwriter and record producer, Ne-Yo on Private Talk With Alexis Texas in February 2020.
She was married to pornographic actor Mr. Pete from 2008 to 2013.
Awards and nominations
|2008||NightMoves Award||Best New Starlet (Fan's Choice)||N/A||Won|||
|2009||AVN Awards||AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year||N/A||Nominated|||
|XRCO Awards||Best Gonzo Release||Alexis Texas Is Buttwoman||Won|||
|XBIZ Awards||XBIZ Award for Female Performer of the Year||N/A||Nominated|||
|2010||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Eva Angelina, Teagan Presley, Sunny Leone)||Deviance||Won|||
|F.A.M.E. Award||Favorite Ass||N/A||Won|||
|2011||AVN Award||AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year||N/A||Nominated|||
|Best All-Girl Three-Way Sex Scene (with Kristina Rose & Asa Akira)||Buttwoman vs. Slutwoman||Won|||
|Best Group Sex Scene (with Kristina Rose, Gracie Glam & Michael Stefano)||Won|||
|Best Tease Performance (with Eva Angelina)||Car Wash Girls||Won|||
|NightMoves Award||Best Female Performer (Fan's Choice)||N/A||Won|||
|2012||NightMoves Award||Best Ass (Fan's Choice)||N/A||Won|||
|AVN Awards||AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year||N/A||Nominated|||
|2013||XBIZ Award||Performer Site of the Year||AlexisTexas.com||Won|||
|AVN Awards||AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year||N/A||Nominated|||
|2014||AVN Award||Hottest Ass (Fan Award)||N/A||Won|||
|2015||AVN Award||Hottest Ass (Fan Award)||N/A||Won|||
|NightMoves Award||Best Butt (Fan Choice)||N/A||Won|||
|2016||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Angela White & Anikka Albrite)||Angela 2||Won|||
|Most Epic Ass (Fan Award)||N/A||Won|||
|2017||AVN Award||Most Epic Ass (Fan Award)||N/A||Won|||
|2018||AVN Award||Most Epic Ass (Fan Award)||N/A||Won|||
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Film : Mr. Rajkumar, Saiee Manjrekar, Casey Calvert, Velied, Ishaan Khatter, Elena Beuca, Marko Stojanović
Other articles of the topics Film AND Erotica and pornography : 5th AVN Awards, 37th AVN Awards, Casey Calvert
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Erotica and pornography : Priya Anjali Rai, Carla Brown, Casey Calvert, 5th AVN Awards
Other articles of the topic Biography : Adam Montrézor, Digital Accessibility Technologist, Cecil C. Lowe, Velied, Howard Battle Gist Jr., Matija Ambrozić, Pablo Khali
Other articles of the topic Film : Glen Meadows, Grizzlor, Marsellio, Carl Marino, Untitled Hulk Hogan film, The King Cobra (2007 film), American Underdog: The Kurt Warner Story
Other articles of the topic Erotica and pornography : Lana Rhoades, Lily LaBeau, Carla Brown, 5th AVN Awards, Erica Ellyson, Kelly Madison, 37th AVN Awards
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Bloodlust Zombies (2011)
- AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year
- Fans of Adult Media and Entertainment Award
- LA Direct Models
- List of pornographic performers by decade
- List of pornographic actors who appeared in mainstream films
- Rodriguez, Ariana (1 June 2009), "Alexis Texas Taps SEG to Launch Website, Company", XBIZ News, archived from the original on 30 January 2012, retrieved 22 October 2020
- "Alexis Texas Interview Part 2". The Mansion Show. KMEL. 20 seconds. Archived from the original on October 4, 2008. Retrieved April 1, 2008. Unknown parameter
- Miller, Dan (21 September 2012), "Alexis Texas Signs Exclusive Contract With Adam & Eve", XBIZ News, retrieved 22 October 2020,
A former bartender for three years in San Marcos, Texas, where she also attended Texas State University, the popular starlet started performing in adult movies in 2006 and has appeared in more than 400 titles, working for every major company in adult entertainment during her eventful career as a freelance performer.
- "Bloodlust Zombies (2011)". Horror Reviews. July 5, 2011. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Alexis Texas Stars in Mainstream Horror Film". AEBN. May 12, 2011. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
- Ray, Fred Olen (2010), Bikini Frankenstein, Retromedia Entertainment
- AVN Staff (January 13, 2010). "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN. January 9, 2011. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- Dan Miller (January 12, 2013). "2013 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- Peter Warren & Steve Javors (July 10, 2010). "The F.A.M.E. Awards Reveals 2010 Winners". AVN. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- David Sullivan (October 14, 2008). "NightMoves Crowns 16th Annual Award Winners". AVN. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- "NightMoves Awards Announces 2011 Winners". AVN. October 10, 2011. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- Texas, Alexis, "About Me", AlexisTexas.com, archived from the original on 15 February 2012, retrieved 23 October 2020 Unknown parameter
- "Porn Convention: AVN Fan Awards Voting, AEE Talent Lineup and More", Las Vegas Weekly, 5 December 2014, retrieved 23 October 2020,
AVN also recently announced that comedienne and actress Danielle Stewart would be joining AVN Awards co-hosts Alexis Texas and Tommy Pistol as the awards show’s comedic co-host.
- McGlotten, Shaka; Jones, Steve, eds. (2014), "Introduction, Zombie Sex", Zombies and Sexuality: Essays on Desire and the Living Dead, Contributions to Zombie Studies, McFarland, pp. 14–16, ISBN 9780786479078
- Jones, Steve (2013), "XXXombies: Economies of Desire and Disgust", in Balaji, Murali, Thinking Dead: What the Zombie Apocalypse Means, Lexington Books, pp. 197–199, ISBN 978-1498532402
- Mora, Arnau Roig (2014), "The Necropolitics of the Apocalypse: Queer Zombies in the Cinema of Bruce LaBruce", in McGlotten, Shaka; Jones, Steve, Zombies and Sexuality: Essays on Desire and the Living Dead, Contributions to Zombie Studies, McFarland, pp. 187–189, ISBN 9780786479078
- Kopp, David M. (2020), "Compensation and Benefits", Human Resource Management in the Pornography Industry: Business Practices in a Stigmatized Trade, Palgrave Macmillan, p. 61, ISBN 978-3030376581,
As of this writing, the most popular porn performers via their Instagram follower base were: Sunny Leone: 13.3 million followers, Mia Khalifa: 8.1 million followers, and Alexis Texas: 3.8 million followers.
- "Dear Porn Industry: Texas loves luring jobs from California", The Austin Chronicle, 19 January 2012, retrieved 22 October 2020,
Porn star Alexis Texas hails from Castroville
- Solomon, Dan (4 December 2019), "Here Are Some Famous Texans You Can Hire to Deliver Video Messages for You", Texas Monthly, retrieved 22 October 2020,
Adult film actress Alexis Texas isn’t just a Texan in name. The woman whose posterior has been honored in eight (8) different industry awards is also a Castroville native.
- Grandmaison, Adam John (4 March 2020), "The Alexis Texas Interview", No Jumper, YouTube, 5 minutes, 40 seconds, retrieved 22 October 2020
- "Karl Kani - Preview S01 Ep1 - Alexis reveals to iconic designer Karl Kani that she's Puerto Rican.", Private Talk With Alexis Texas, YouTube, 9 November 2019, retrieved 22 October 2020
- Maya Cherry (October 7, 2010). "Alexis Texas: Lone Star Superstar". Xtreme. Archived from the original on August 21, 2012. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "Chris Brown 'Hangouts With Porn Stars' After Jail Time", International Business Times, Newsweek Media Group, 9 June 2014,
Also in attendance were some of the most popular names in the adult industry, namely: Bonnie Rotten, Alexis Texas, Alektra Blue and Sarah Jessie.
- Warren, Peter (February 1, 2008). "Belladonna Wraps Discovering Alexis Texas". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on February 28, 2009. Retrieved April 1, 2008. Unknown parameter
- "Alexis Texas Featured on Genesis Magazine Cover". XBIZ. April 2, 2009. Archived from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved June 2, 2009. Unknown parameter
- "Alexis Texas Joins Starlet Entertainment Group". AVN. June 2, 2009. Retrieved August 9, 2009.
- Anselmi, Eduardo (June 2010). "The dirty dozen". Maxim UK. Archived from the original on March 31, 2011. Retrieved March 31, 2011. Unknown parameter
- Munzenrieder, Kyle (26 September 2012), "Miami Northwestern Band Members Appeared in Raunchy Video With Lil' Wayne and a Porn Star", Miami New Times, retrieved 23 October 2020,
Rapper Juicy J's music video for his strip club anthem "Bandz A Make Her Dance" features gyrating women, porn star Alexis Texas wearing a t-shirt for adult studio Brazzers, Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz and ...members of the Miami Northwestern High School band.
- Uzzo, Cecilia (23 September 2015), "Le 10 pornostar più hot di Instagram", GQ Italia (in Italian), retrieved 23 October 2020,
Very popular on social media and in the adult industry, she also appeared in the film Bloodlust Zombies and in the video clip “Bandz a Make Her Dance” by Juicy J.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Adult Who's Who", AVN Magazine, Vol. 28/No. 10, Issue 358, October 2012, pg. 42
- "Alexis Texas parts ways with Adam & Eve pictures". Adult Video News. 30 (2): 20. February 2014.
- Mancini, Vince (27 January 2015), "'I Have A Lot Of Tricks, But I'm Not Your Dog': An Interview With AVN Awards Co-Host Alexis Texas", Uproxx, retrieved 22 October 2020,
Before she started working in porn in 2007, Alexis Texas grew up in Texas. ... As if to confirm that she’s attained a level of pornstardom reserved for only the super elite, Texas was named co-host of the 2015 AVN Awards.
- Michael O'Sullivan (May 2, 2013). "Aroused movie review". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- Gordon-Levitt, Joseph (2013), Don Jon, Voltage Pictures
- Gilman, Greg (25 September 2013), "Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Don Jon' Reviewed by a Porn Star", TheWrap, retrieved 22 October 2020,
And Haze was grateful that a number of her colleagues got “a little showtime on the screen” in the scenes where Gordon-Levitt surfs the web for his favorite kind of movie (keep an eye out for Alexis Texas, Sunny Lane, Danni Daniels, Misty Stone and Isis Taylor making computer-screen cameos.)
- Apache Warrior. "Alexis Texas interview". XCritic. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- Ariana Rodriguez (June 1, 2015). "Elegant Angel Signs Alexis Texas to Long-Term Exclusive Directing Contract". XBIZ. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Street, Sharan (8 April 2016), "Alexis Texas Signs on as Elegant Angel's 1st Contract Star", AVN News, retrieved 22 October 2020,
Effective immediately, the beautiful blonde will perform only in Elegant Angel titles for the next year. Texas already was under contract exclusively as a director with Elegant, and she has helmed several big titles for the company.
- Dan Miller (August 11, 2015). "Alexis Texas Talks Directing Debut". XBIZ. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- "Anikka Albrite Appears in Alexis Texas' Directorial Debut", AVN News, 31 July 2015, retrieved 22 October 2020,
Big Booty Tryouts from Elegant Angel releases this week and marks Alexis Texas’ first movie as a director and her first under a contract with Elegant Angel.
- John Sanford (September 14, 2015). "Alexis Texas Directs, Stars in The Real Buttwoman Returns". XBIZ. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- Alexander, Terrie (14 September 2015), "'The Real Buttwoman Returns' as Alexis Texas", AVN News, retrieved 22 October 2020
- Nurka, Camille (2018), "Introduction: Perfectible Sex", Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery: Deviance, Desire and the Pursuit of Perfection, Palgrave Macmillan, p. 13, ISBN 978-3319964898,
After all, one of the most successful porn stars of the last decade, Alexis Texas, is well known for her ample buttocks
- Vera, Hugo (25 October 2018), "'Nuthin 2' gain from this record", UWIRE Text, ULOOP Inc.
- "Lil Yachty's 'Nuthin' 2 Prove' has something for everyone", UWIRE Text, ULOOP Inc., 24 October 2018
- "Alexis Texas Directs, Stars in 'Lesbian House Party' for Elegant Angel", XBIZ News, 23 December 2019, retrieved 22 October 2020,
Alexis Texas is the director and cover girl of her latest release from Elegant Angel, 'Alexis Texas Lesbian House Party.'
- Kelemen, Matt (14 January 2019), "AVN is Back and Ready to Top Last Year's Numbers", Las Vegas Weekly, retrieved 22 October 2020
- "Karl Kani", Private Talk With Alexis Texas, Apple Podcasts, 11 November 2019, retrieved 22 October 2020
- "Karl Kani", Private Talk With Alexis Texas, Podbay.fm, 11 November 2019, retrieved 22 October 2020
- Lusk, Darian (1 October 2020), "The real reason Ne-Yo called off his divorce", Nicki Swift, retrieved 22 October 2020
- Martin, Annie (17 February 2020), "Ne-Yo confirms split from wife: 'I will always respect her'", United Press International, retrieved 22 October 2020
- Drysdale, Jennifer (16 February 2020), "Ne-Yo Splits From Wife Crystal Smith After 4 Years of Marriage", KSAT-TV, retrieved 22 October 2020
- Speiser, Lainie (2011). Confessions of the Hundred Hottest Porn Stars: Intimate, Funny, Outrageous, Sexy, Instructional, and Shocking Tell-Alls from the Biggest Names in the Biz. Fair Winds Press. ISBN 978-1-5923-3477-3. Search this book on
- "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on January 5, 2009. Retrieved 2014-08-18. Unknown parameter
- Tod Hunter (April 17, 2009). "XRCO Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Hunter, Tod (3 December 2008), "XBIZ Awards 2009 Official Nominees Announced", XBIZ News, retrieved 23 October 2020
- Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards, Retrieved August 8, 2014
- Peter Warren (October 8, 2012). "20th Annual NightMoves Awards Heats Up Tampa". AVN. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- AVN AWARDS 2012 – NOMINATIONS, Retrieved August 6, 2014
- "2013 AVN Awards Nominees" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on March 28, 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2014. Unknown parameter
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2014 AVN Awards". AVN. January 19, 2014. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2015 AVN Awards". AVN. January 24, 2015. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- Bob Johnson (October 12, 2015). "NightMoves Awards Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2016 AVN Awards". AVN. January 23, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- "2017 AVN Award winners announced". AVN. January 21, 2017. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
- "2018 AVN Award winners announced". AVN. January 28, 2017. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Alexis Texas on IMDb
- Alexis Texas at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Alexis Texas at the Adult Film Database
This article "Alexis Texas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexis Texas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.