Script error: The function "birth_date_and_age" does not exist. Template loop detected: Template:Birth date and ageTemplate loop detected: Template:Bda
Alfeeya Shaikh (Born 21 September 1993 ) is an Indian film actress and model. She made her acting debut with Rakesh Parmar's Jihad (2017). She is a trained belly dancer and started her career with digital marketing.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Alfeeya was born in Bangalore, Karnataka and brought up in Dubai. She has two siblings, both belonging to the Media and Entertainment Industry. She worked as a model while in college. She pursued MBA in Marketing and Finance from IMI University, Belgium & Executive MBA in International Business and Foreign trade from CMJ University, India.
Career[edit | edit source]
She started her career as a digital marketing professional. Later, she developed an interest in acting; thus she completed the Advance Acting Course from 'The Actor Prepares acting school' in Mumbai. She played the debut lead portraying a Kashmiri Pandit widow in a Hindi film Jihad (2017) by Hyder Kazmi & directed by Rakesh Parmar.
She received the following awards for her film Jihad –
- Best Actress Awards by Maverick Movie Awards in Los Angeles & Cinema London Film Festival in England
- NRI Achievers Award for Best Debutant Actress performance in Jihad (2017)
- Best Actress Award by National Human Rights & Social Justice Commission
- Nominated – Best Actress Finalist in Los Angeles Independent, Los Angeles Cinefest, Global Revolution New York, etc.
Other awards –
- National Award for Marketing Excellence as the 'Young Achiever of the Year 2017' by Times Network.
- Manvadhikar Samaaj Ratan Sammaan 2017 on International Human Rights Day at National Human Rights & Social Justice Commission for her contribution to the society.
Her short Film Karb as a producer, promotes Women Empowerment specifically based on the current campaign by the Indian Government- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, won the Best Short film award at Chennai International Short Film Festival.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Alfeeya: 'Jihaad' will show the Kashmir issue in a way no one has attempted before". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Dream Jihad on film". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Alfeeya Wins Accolades As Best Debutant Actress for Jihad Movie !". article.wn.com. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 370: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Alfeeya Shaikh" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Alfeeya Shaikh/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.