Bangalore, Karnataka.21 September 1993
Alfeeya Shaikh (Born 21 September 1993 ) is an Indian film actress and model. She made her acting debut with Rakesh Parmar's Jihad (2017). She is a trained belly dancer and started her career with digital marketing.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Alfeeya was born in Bangalore, Karnataka and brought up in Dubai. She has two siblings, both belonging to the Media and Entertainment Industry. She worked as a model while in college. She pursued MBA in Marketing and Finance from IMI University, Belgium & Executive MBA in International Business and Foreign trade from CMJ University, India.
Career[edit | edit source]
She started her career as a digital marketing professional. Later, she developed an interest in acting; thus she completed the Advance Acting Course from 'The Actor Prepares acting school' in Mumbai. She played the debut lead portraying a Kashmiri Pandit widow in a Hindi film Jihad (2017) by Hyder Kazmi & directed by Rakesh Parmar.
She received the following awards for her film Jihad –
- Best Actress Awards by Maverick Movie Awards in Los Angeles & Cinema London Film Festival in England
- NRI Achievers Award for Best Debutant Actress performance in Jihad (2017)
- Best Actress Award by National Human Rights & Social Justice Commission
- Nominated – Best Actress Finalist in Los Angeles Independent, Los Angeles Cinefest, Global Revolution New York, etc.
Other awards –
- National Award for Marketing Excellence as the 'Young Achiever of the Year 2017' by Times Network.
- Manvadhikar Samaaj Ratan Sammaan 2017 on International Human Rights Day at National Human Rights & Social Justice Commission for her contribution to the society.
Her short Film Karb as a producer, promotes Women Empowerment specifically based on the current campaign by the Indian Government- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, won the Best Short film award at Chennai International Short Film Festival.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Alfeeya: 'Jihaad' will show the Kashmir issue in a way no one has attempted before". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Dream Jihad on film". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Alfeeya Wins Accolades As Best Debutant Actress for Jihad Movie !". article.wn.com. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
This article "Alfeeya Shaikh" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alfeeya Shaikh. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.