|Born||December 8, 1981|
Cheverly, Maryland, United States
|Genres||Rhythm and blues, soul music, Hip hop, Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, music composer|
|Associated acts||Patti Labelle, Seven Bailey, Estelle, Musiq Soulchild, Justo Almario, Common, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, The Roots, Kelly Price, Claudette Ortiz, Dawn Robinson, Chante Moore, Kenny Lattimore, Raheem DeVaughn|
Andrae Alexander (born December 8, 1981) is an American music Director, a composer of film and television music and a producer based in Los Angeles. Alexander is known for his work on Detroit ("The D"),The Birth of a Nation (2016 film) and Empire. He has performed internationally in locations including Norway, Ireland, Japan, England, France, Egypt, Spain, and the U.S.
Education[edit | edit source]
Since 2017, Alexander is currently pursuing a Master of Arts degree in music business at the California State University, Northridge. He previously received a Bachelor of Arts degree in music Thomas Edison State University in 2017. He graduated from the United States Armed Forces School of Music in 2000.
Career[edit | edit source]
Music career[edit | edit source]
Alexander was a musical director for two gospel plays, “Ms. Aretha”, and “The Life of Miles Davis”.
Alexander arranged music for “The Audition” musical, curated "4 The Love Sessions" musical talent, He also performed in the Off Broadway Show, “Enter Redemption” starring Maritri Garrette.
Alexander performed at venues including the Blue Note (New York), The Cotton Club (Japan), The Hit Factory (New York), B. B. King Blues Club and Grill (New York), the Brooklyn Arts Museum all in New York City, the Kennedy Center, the National Mall and a NASCAR race in Martinsville. .
Alexander was a Presidential pianist in the United States Navy Band of Washington D.C. from October 2003 to October 2007. He also played piano in the United States Marine Corps from September 1999 to September 2003. As a result, he has performed for President Clinton, the Crown Prince of Norway in addition to other government and military officials.
Alexander is currently musical Director at Wendy Raquel Robinson’s “Amazing Grace Conservatory” and collaborates with Emmy and Grammy winner Allee Willis for a song, video and film known as "The D", an unofficial theme song for the city of Detroit. He is also a film composer and music producer at Protective Rain Productions while teaching piano at Udemy. Alexander is working on this new jazz album, “Urban Yogi” scheduled to complete this Summer. He has been invited on notable shows including "The Ellen Show", "The Jimmy Kimmel Show", "The Jay Leno Show", "B.E.T. Presents", "The Today Show", and recently[when?] TV ONE's "R&B Diva's LA".
Works[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
|2017||Already All Ready||La'Porsha Renae||Music composer|
|2016||Dress to Impress||Keith Sweat||Music composer|
|2016||More Issues Than Vogue||K. Michelle||Music composer, keyboards|
|2016||The Birth of a Nation: The Inspired By Album||Various artists||Keyboads, Piano|
|2010||The Love & War MasterPeace||Raheem DeVaughn||Music composer, piano|
|2010||Peace||Cam Meekins||Music composer|
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2017||Allee Willis Loves Detroit (documentary)||Music composer|
|2017||Eboni Love (TV series)||Music composer|
|2017||Dying City: The Stench of Sex||Music composer|
|2017||Before Dawn Breaks||Music composer|
|2017||Lady in Red||Music composer|
|2015||Faux Show (TV movie)||Music composer|
|2014||David's Reverie||Music composer|
|2011||Checkered Dreams (short movie)||Music composer|
|2011||Gravity (short movie)||Music composer|
|2011||Mannie Man Up (short movie)||Music composer|
|2011||Play Time (short movie)||Music composer|
|2011||Entrance (short video)||Director, producer, writer, actor|
|2009||The Gift of a Letter (short movie)||Music composer|
Books[edit | edit source]
- "Build Your Music Career From Scratch: A Step-By-Step Guide to Becoming A Successful Artist (Creating Music Success With Andrae Alexander)". June 2014. Protective Rain Publishing.
References[edit | edit source]
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- "Music, Fashion, Philanthropy and VR Converge at Gibson Beverly Hills". 29 June 2017.
- "Allee Willis debuts her record-breaking video at a party at the DIA". The Jewish News. 3 October 2017.
- "Music, Fashion, Philanthropy and VR Converge at Gibson Beverly Hills". Huffington Post. 29 June 2017.
- "Hip Hop National Magazine Debut". Hip Hop National Magazine. 15 April 2011.
- "Allee Willis is the most interesting woman you've never heard of". The Washington Post. 14 May 2015.
- "Award-winning Detroit songwriter debuts 'The D' music video". The Detroit News. 29 September 2017.
- "Songwriter delivers new anthem for her hometown of Detroit". Oakland Press. 26 September 2017.
- "Andrae Alexander Profile". Udemy.
- "Learn To Play The Piano Using Pop, R&B and Gospel Chords". Udemy.
- Alexander, Andrae (June 1, 2014). Build Your Music Career From Scratch: A Step-By-Step Guide to Becoming A Successful Artist. Protective Rain Publishing. ASIN B00KQ0T9IS.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Andrae Alexander" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Andrae Alexander. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.