Andrew Charles Carson
The Poet Andrew
|Birth name||Andrew Charles Carson|
|Born||August 31, 1993|
Bryan, Texas, U.S.
|Genres||Pop, Rap, R&B|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Actor, Poetry Artist|
Andrew Charles Carson (born August 31st, 1993) is an American music artist, actor, poet, singer, and songwriter. The Poet Andrew got his start in performance by competing in poetry contests at the age of 13. He then gained buzz in the industry performing throughout Texas theatrically and commercially. He released his first single "Lonely Love" in 2018 and then followed the track with more independent single releases. In May 2020, The Poet Andrew debuted his EP Stagazer and rose on the digital music scene quickly thereafter.
Andrew Charles Carson was born the youngest of seven children to parents Cecile and Stanley Carson in Bryan, Texas. The acting bug hit Andrew early on in his development after being a part of small productions in his hometown. Andrew attended James Earl Rudder High School where he involved himself in many extra-curricular activities that sparked his admiration for entertainment, acting, dance, and performance such as Speech/Debate, Theater, Music, Student Council etc. While in school he began performing in poetry competitions throughout the state making him a Poetry Out Loud Texas State finalist in 2008 and 2009. In 2011, he graduated High School and received a B.F.A in Musical Theatre from Sam Houston State University. This is also where he began his role in social activism and performance. Shortly after graduation The Poet moved to New York where he then implemented his talents into music, writing, and film.
The Poet Andrew began his professional career performing for Regional Theaters across Texas. Regional Theatre credits include: Heathers: The Musical, The Rocky Horror Show, All The Way, Oskar and the Big Bully Battle, H.Y.P.E., Panto: Rapunzel, A Soulful Christmas, Godspell, To Kill A Mockingbird, You Can't take It With You etc.
In 2015 The Poet Andrew made one of his first major appearances on the film screen in 'E' the film, which made its debut at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival in their short film corner division. This film also went on to win the Texas Vision Award at the South Texas Underground Film Festival.
In 2018 the young artist began his producing career with his release of "Lonely Love" developing a new sound and style in digital music which made him an artist to watch on Spotify. In May 2020 The Poet Andrew released his first EP 'Stargazer'.
- Lonely Love (Single release, 2018)
- No Sun (Single release, 2018)
- My Heart (Single Release, 2019)
- Hold Faith (Single Release 2019)
- New Day (Stargazer EP, 2020)
- Streets of New York (Stargazer EP, 2020)
- Honey Boi (Stargazer EP, 2020)
- Never Be Me (Double Pack EP, 2020)
- Deep End (Double Pack EP, 2020)
- E-Head Intern(Chasen Parker Films 2017)
- "The Poet Andrew". The Poet Andrew.
- "New York's 'The Poet Andrew' spreads his positive message with new single New Day". A&R Factory. 13 May 2020.
- "INTERVIEW: New York Rapper The Poet Andrew". Vents Magazine. 21 May 2020.
- "Legally Blonde: The Musical". The Theatre Company.
- "Message clicks with students". The Eagle.
- Arts, Texas Commission on the. "Texas Commission on the Arts - TCAnet". www.arts.texas.gov.
- "Students Work To Mend Racial 'Fences' With Black History Month Production". www.shsu.edu.
- "Alley Theatre and Dallas Theater Center Go All the Way | TheaterMania". www.theatermania.com.
- Report, Staff (25 July 2017). "A.D. Players presents unique interpretation of 'Godspell'". Houston Chronicle.
- "Chasen Parker chases a filmmaking career at Cannes". The Berkeley Beacon. 17 September 2015.
- "STUFF6 2018 Film Festival". Issuu.
- "The Poet Andrew on Apple Music". AppleMusic.
- "Andrew C. Carson". IMDb.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Poet Andrew.|
The Poet Andrew
This article "Andrew Charles Carson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Andrew Charles Carson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.