This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Persian traditional music
|Occupation(s)||Narrator, Composer, Singer, Player (Tar, Setar)|
Life and works
Bahman Kazemi was born in Kermanshah in 1967. He graduated with a bachelor's and master's degree in political science in Tehran, Iran. In 2010, he obtained a Ph.D. in politics and government by the University of UMP in Malaysia. Based on his musical field studies in many countries, he is now a well known international musicologist. During his childhood, he was oriented toward the music of Qajar. In order to clear the sounds and noises of the old records, at the age of 12, he began his studies in electronics and physics. Gradually, he learned the principles of Iranian traditional music in his childhood. Many great masters helped him to learn the intricacies of Iranian traditional music and classical literature. Two famous of these masters were "Hatam Askari Farahani" and "Sodayf Rambod". Two poets and literary men, Behzad and Vafa Kermanshahi, taught him Iranian classic literature. In 1991, he was well known in Iranian Traditional Music and performed many concerts and composed some traditional songs called "Tasnif". Two years later by traveling to Tbilisi, India, Paris, and London, he collected parts of the rare music of the previous century, and returned them back to Iran.  Some of his music professors include Hassan Shirani, Rahmatullah Merati, Nematollah Motamedi, Heshmatullah Masnan, Mahmoud Tajbakhsh, Ali Alborzi and Ibrahim Sepehri. In the meantime, "Mir Ali Mokarami", one of the masters of old music, literature and philosophy, and a friend of Iqbal Azar gave him a different narration of Radif completely different from the popular narratives of Radif's Iranian music. He has been the first independent researcher in the history of Iran for spending about 5 million dollars in music research on Iranian folk music personally. The result of his research led to more than 1,000 hours of video recording and 4,000 photos of the social life of Iranian tribes related to musical activities. They are currently the most valuable sources of Iranian ethnographic studies. In addition to research on Iran's political geography, he studied Iranian music in a wider area called cultural geography of Iran, and started to doing some field studies in the countries of Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, India and Malaysia. Some international experts have cited Bahman Kazemi's research and books in the field of music research as a new transition and scientific progress in cultural research.
Artistic performances and responsibilities
Some of the artistic and executive activities of Bahman Kazemi are as follows:
- The membership of Research Council in IRIB 1997-2000 
- The lecturer at the Faculty of Arts and Architecture of Islamic Azad University, Tehran, 1998-2010 
- The Presidency of the Music Committee in Iranian Academy of the Arts 2011 
- The Secretary of the ethnic Music Festival in Iran 2013 
- Holding numerous photo exhibitions, an ethnography of the musical life of tribes and nations, including the tenth music festival in the area 
- The Deputy of Research deportment in the Academy of Arts 2012
- Singing in the album "Companions Friends" (Yaran–e-Hamdam) by performing his family orchestra in 1994
- Composing the famous hymn Iran Mahd-e- Eshgh by performing his family orchestra in 1994
- Playing the setar in the musical albums "The Radif of Shour" and "Masnavi Khani" and "the Radif of Chahargah" by narration and singing of Hatam Asgari Farahani 2012- 2015
- Composing and Singing in the album of Madar–e-Tekrar, orchestrated by Sadegh Nuri in 2017 
- Attending in the movie of A Survivor from Magadan by Aref Mohammadi as a supervisor of music, 2012 
- Attending in the research section of the documentary Song of God by Aref Mohammadi as a musician, music researcher, and one of the main narrators. 2018 
- Introduction to the principals of Singing in Iranian Music, Arvin Publication, Tehran 1996
- National Identity in the Songs of Iranian Ethnic groups, the Institute of National Studies Publication, Tehran, 2002.
- Ringlets of beloved( Anthropology of Iranian Music, the Collection of Bahman Kazemi's Photos of Iranian Ethnic groups Life), Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2011.
- Kurd ethnic music, along with a CD, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2011.
- Ilam Music, along with a CD, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2011.
- Talesh Ethnic Music, along with a CD, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2011.
- Turkmen Ethnic music, along with a CD, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2012.
- Music of Iranian Arab people, along with a CD, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2012 
- Call of honor (Golbang-e-Sarbolendi) Basics and Review of Iranian Singing and Discography of Iranian Music Records in the Past Century (Including 8 CDs), by the companion of Wahraz Pourahmad and Mehdi Frahani, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2011.
- Music of Iran in the last century Bahman Kazemi, Mehdi Farahani, and Wahres Pourahmad, along with a CD, Academy of Arts Publication, Tehran, 2012.
- The winner of UNICEF's Top Article on Children's rights", 1997 
- The winner of The Top Researcher in IRIB, 2003.
- The winner of "the Top Research on Ethnic Music" in the 12th Celebration of Iran Music Home for presenting the Music and the Culture of Iranian People to the world, 2011.
- "پژوهشهاي بهمن كاظمي موسيقي آييني و محلي ايران را حفظ خواهد كرد". Ibna. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "زندگي نامه". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "موسيقي اقوام ايراني توسط "بهمن كاظمي" تدوين شد". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "رييس كميته پژوهشموسيقي مقامي فرهنگستان هنرمعرفي شد". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "بهمن کاظمی تاکید کرد: اهمیت هویت موسیقی بومی در انتخاب آثار جشنواره موسیقی نواحی". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "بهمن کاظمی نمایشگاه عکس های اتنوگرافی موسیقایی برگزار میکند". Mehr News Agency. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "زحمت اصلی یک اثر موسیقیایی همواره بر عهده نوازنده است". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Bahman Kazemi IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "مراسم رونمایی از نرم افزار "هفت گنج" برگزار شد". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "رونمايي 5 كتاب از بهمن كاظمي در نمايشگاه كتاب تهران". Iranian Students' News Agency. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "تدوين موسيقی پنج قوم توسط بهمن كاظمی". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "پایان جشن خانه موسیقی". Retrieved 2 August 2019.
This article "Bahman Kazemi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bahman Kazemi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.