|Founded 📆||May 21, 2013|
Area served 🗺️
|Marc Warne, CEO|
James Rooney, COO
Number of employees
Bittylicious is a UK-based cryptocurrency exchange platform established in 2013. Bittylicious acts as a virtual marketplace to match up users and independent brokers with an aim of making the process of trading in digital currency as easy as possible. While users are not required to provide ID to make purchases, doing so removes a cap on the value of their purchases. As of March 2018, Bittylicious had over 200,000 registered users and allowed transactions in over 15 different cryptocurrencies..
In August 2013, the service was expanded to allow independent brokers to operate through the site and was then further developed to increase the selection of currencies available to trade through its site starting with Feathercoin in November 2013.
In December 2013, Bittylicious founder, Marc Warne, was part of a team of industry experts who helped to clarify the UK VAT position of bitcoin transactions with the UK tax authority, HM Revenue and Customs.
In May 2014, Bittylicious started to accept payments in euros from EU buyers by credit card having already expanded its availability to European customers in March 2014 by accepting user payments by SEPA bank transfer. This was later expanded to allow payments in sterling and US dollars
In February 2018, Bittylicious announced that SegWit was fully supported for Bitcoin following an upgrade to Bitcoin Core 0.16 meaning native bech32 addresses could be used.
- "Bittylicious | Buy Bitcoins Quickly in The UK". bittylicious.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "UK Bitcoin-Buying Service Bittylicious Adds Feathercoin". CoinDesk. 2013-11-29. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "UK Tax Authority HMRC Rethinks Stance on Bitcoin". CoinDesk. 2013-12-06. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Bittylicious Adds Visa and MasterCard Credit Card Support". CoinDesk. 2014-05-14. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Bittylicious Blog – News and Ramblings on Bittylicious and Virtual Currencies". blog.bittylicious.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Bitcoins using Credit Cards in British Pounds – Bittylicious Blog". blog.bittylicious.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Ether (Ethereum) for sale – Bittylicious Blog". blog.bittylicious.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
This article "Bittylicious" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bittylicious. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.