Boomeranger Boats Oy
|Founded 📆||July 17, 1991|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Valko, Loviisa, Finland|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats|
Number of employees
Boomeranger Boats Oy is a Finnish company specialized in Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats (RHIB or RIB) for professional marine craft operations. Company products include various RHIB models targeted as special operation boats, patrol boats, fast rescue boats and workboats. Boats are designed and manufactured in Loviisa, Finland.
Boomeranger Boats Oy was established on 17th July 1991 by a private person. Operations started and still continue in a factory previously used by Wico-Boat Oy. Boomeranger also bought rights to Finnspeed range of workboats previously owned by Wico-Boat Oy. The company's ownership was changed to other private person on 2000. On August 2007 Done Solutions Corporation acquired Boomeranger Boats Oy for 5.0 million euros. On 2009 Done Solutions was renamed to Revenio Group. As Revenio Group was focusing on health technology, Boomeranger Boats was sold to International Golden Group PJSC on February 2015. The purchase price was not disclosed. International Golden Group PJSC is a company based in Abu Dhabi spezializing in providing high-end security & defense solutions.
Boats and Known Projects
Official and Military Boats
On 2004 Boomeranger Boats Oy delivered Swedish Navy multiple Fast Rescue Boats to Visby-class corvettes. On 2005 Buffers Marine AB was reported to deliver Boomeranger C-3500 to Guardia Civil, Spain. On 2009 SOLAS-type fast rescue boats were being delivered to German Navy. Finnish Customs and Estonian Police and Border Protection have Boomeranger boats in use. On 2011 Finnish Navy minelayer Pohjanmaa was equipped with two Boomeranger 760 boats for antipiracy operation Atalanta on the coast of Somalia. On 2011 HMS Karlskrona, Swedish Navy warship heading to European Antipiracy Mission, was equipped with Boomeranger C-950. On 2011 Story of Norway's Marinejegerkommandoen Max Manus Class RIBs by Boomeranger Boats was published in Norwegian magazines Vi Menn and Side3. On 2012 Finnish Navy ordered boats to special forces unit. On same year Boomeranger Boats won tender with Dutch police for Ribs ranging from 5.5 to 11 meters in length. On 2012 Boomeranger Boats Oy won a tender to deliver three high speed RIB's to Malta armed forces. European external border funded majority of the project. On 2013 Al Seer Marine and 5G international introduced fleet of unmanned surface vessels including 11 meter Boomeranger RIB version. On 2014 Boomeranger C-950 delivery to Brunei was expected to commence in the end of 2014. On 2016 Export permit was granted to deliver two Boomeranger boats to United Arab Emirates. On 2017 German Bundeswehr published a story and a video showing Boomeranger RIBs in operative training. On 2017 Boomeranger was selected to supply RIB-boats to Pansio-class minelayers. On 2017 34 special operations RHIBs were reported to be delivered to UAE by Boomeranger Boats Oy. Also unknown number of RHIBs were reported to be delivered to India.
Leisure and Work Boats
On 2011 Boomeranger was reported to deliver 2 boats to Volvo Ocean Race competition 2011-2012. Multiple boats are in use by RIB boat tour companies in Finland and Sweden. Finnish SAR Associations have multiple Boomeranger vessels. Passenger Port of St. Petersburg has two Boomeranger C-3500 models as pilot boats. Arctia icebreakers Nordica and Fennica have C-600 fast rescue boats by Boomeranger.
SaferGlobe study on arms exports from Finland 2014 mentioned Boomeranger Boats Oy deal to Brunei for 5 RIBs and raised concerns on human rights in Brunei. In 2016 SaferGlobe studied arms exports to Middle East that included two Boomeranger RIBs with thermal cameras to United Arab Emirates. Arms exports to UAE raised concerns due to Yemen civil war.
- "Miljoonakauppoja ei tule ilman myyntiä - TIDmedia". TIDmedia (in suomi). 2016-04-04. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- Ship & Boat International. Pax Marine Press AB. 1994. p. 35. Search this book on
- "Muualta poimittua" (PDF). finnboat News 3/2007. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "REVENIO MÖI RIB-ERIKOISVENELIIKETOIMINTANSA" (PDF). finnboat News 1/2015.
- "IGG and Boomerager boats to align strengths". Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Euroopan viranomaisten tilaukset täyttävät Boomerangerin tilauskirjat". Loviisan Sanomat. 2009-04-03.
- "Boomeranger C-3500 Half Cabin to Spain". 2007-02-11.
- "Leo-1 – Boomeranger — Водный транспорт". fleetphoto.ru. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "M-43 – Проект Boomeranger — Водный транспорт". fleetphoto.ru. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Atalanta ja Suomen Merivoimat" (PDF). Rannikon Puolustaja. 2/2011: 18–27.
- "Konrad Marine: Stern Drives for Patrol Boats". Marine News. March 2018.
- "Marinejegernes "firmabil"". klikk (in norsk). Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- Valsvik, Christian. "Marinejegere på terroristjakt". Side3 (in norsk). Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Boomeranger to supply Finnish Navy :: IBI Plus International Boat Industry". plus.ibinews.com. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Boomeranger Boats wins Dutch police contract :: IBI Plus International Boat Industry". plus.ibinews.com. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Finnish Company recommended for AFM fast boat contract - The Malta Independent". www.independent.com.mt. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "New "Robot Boat" Family Debuts in Abu Dhabi". MarineLink. 2013-02-08. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Brunei buys Boomeranger RHIBs". aalto.finna.fi (in suomi). Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Boomeranger Boats Brunei Deal". defense-studies.blogspot.fi. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Finland beefs up arms exports to Middle East". Yle Uutiset. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Bordeinsatzkompanie: Mutprobe Fast-Rope-Training". www.marine.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- Bundeswehr (2017-04-26), 60 Sekunden Bundeswehr: Speedboot Boomeranger und der Bootsaussetzkran, retrieved 2018-02-05
- "Tavarat - 402465-2017 - TED Tenders Electronic Daily". ted.europa.eu (in suomi). Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Maritime Journal | Boomeranger contracts in UAE and India". www.maritimejournal.com. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Boomeranger to deliver RIBs to PUMA Ocean Racing powered by BERG Propulsion for the Volvo Ocean Race - Defence Turkey Magazine". www.defenceturkey.com. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Rib Safarit - Saaristoelämys vauhdilla..." www.rib-safari.fi. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "RIB - mer än en gummibåt".
- "Alukset | Porvoon Meripelastajat". porvoo.meripelastus.fi. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Alukset | Varkauden Järvipelastajat". varkaus.meripelastus.fi. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Бумеранг-2 – Проект Boomeranger RIB C-3500 — Водный транспорт". fleetphoto.ru. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "MSV Nordica Vessel specification" (PDF). 2016.
- "MSV Fennica Vessel specification" (PDF).
- Suomen asevalvontaraportti (PDF). SaferGlobe. 2015. p. 29. Search this book on
- O'Dwyer, Gerard (2017-10-31). "Finland wary over defense industry sales to Middle East nations in conflict". Defense News. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Finland Beefs Up Arms Exports to Middle East". www.defense-aerospace.com. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
This article "Boomeranger Boats" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Boomeranger Boats. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.