|Industry||IT Services & Technology Support|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
|Manish Tandon (CEO)|
Number of employees
|6,400 (September 2019)|
CSS CORP is an American multinational information technology (IT) service company founded in the year 1996. Technology services being its primary domain, CSS Corpprovides its clients with IT support and infrastructure management services. The company has 6400 technology professionals across 17 worldwide locations. It is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
CSS Corp opened its first Delivery Center in Manila, Philippines. The objective was to diversify talent and capabilities for its consumer base. The new delivery center is located in the Bonifacio Global City of Manila. The facility is spread over 24,218-sq.feet having two training centers, collaboration rooms, technical labs, and recreational zones.
CSS Corp acquired Glow networks, Aliquo solutions, and InteQ to further add to its capability around network and carrier support services. In 2011, TG Ramesh (Tiger) was appointed as the global CEO of CSS Corp.
The three former investors of CSS Corp; Goldman Sachs, SAIF Ventures, and Sierra Ventures exited CSS Corp by selling all of its shares to the Partners Group of Switzerland. Former IGATE chief executive Phaneesh Murthy, the former director quit his position from the board earlier this year.
The former CEO T.G. Ramesh gave a statement, "Partners Group holds a 79 percent stake in CSS, while individuals and the management own the rest. We have big things planned, with new delivery centers in Costa Rica and China.
Infosys BPO veterans joined the management team of CSS Corp that has resulted in a profitable outcome for the enterprise.  Chief Sales Officer (Americas) Suranjan Pramanik, Chief HR Officer Raj Reddy and Chief Marketing Officer Purnima Menon have joined the CSS Corp team.
Mr. Ramesh commented, "Two years ago, we were at single-digit growth with poor profitability. We focused on improving our non-billed to billed employee ratio and ditching unprofitable projects. With the new management team in place, we are now looking at becoming a $1 billion company in the next five years."
CSS Corp acquired revenue of $200 million and provided a range of solutions such as mobility solutions, remote infrastructure management, etc.
Former Infosys executive Manish Tandon became the CEO of CSS Corp in August 2016. The presiding CEO TG Ramesh "Tiger", transitioned to a strategic advisory role as the non-executive director of the CSS Corp board.  CSS Corp's strategy was to have a US-based CEO for targeting its largest demography.
In 2017, CSS Corp opened two new development centers in Costa Rica and Bengaluru respectively. The development center in Costa Rica was inaugurated in December while the Bengaluru center was established in April.
CSS Corp started investing in new technologies - artificial intelligence, analytics and automation with the primary objective of revenue generation. With the expansion of technologies used in the company, CSS Corp reports a 15% growth in their annual revenue for the year 2017-18 which summed upto $154 million.  CSS Corp was previously owned by the Swiss PE firm Partners Group till the year of 2013, which owned 92% of all stakes. CSS Corp Chief Delivery Officer Nishikant Nigam commented in an interview with Techcircle, that the company works mostly with business-side stakeholders who are responsible for customer experience and revenue generation of an enterprise.The reason being complexities associated with “contextualised intelligence”. He also quoted, "Adoption of emerging technologies like AI, analytics, and automation can accelerate usage of contextualized intelligence". CSS Corp leverages automation, AI, and analytics through its digital solutions. Nishikant further commented that CSS works by aiding pharma companies to drive patient adoption for vaccinations. CSS Corp uses deep analytics to determine marketing plans.
CSS Corp won the title, “Digital Company of the Year 2019” honor at BTVI Business Leader of the Year Awards.
After bagging this award, Manish Tandon, the Chief Executive Officer of CSS Corp expressed his views in an interview with Economic Times, as the company having a “customer-centric approach”. Mr. Tandon has further stated that this approach helped CSS to create a “progressive and agile solution” for better consumer experience. CSS Corp’s cognitive capabilities transform both CX and IT fields. CSS Corp CEO Manish Tandon was honored by the ‘CEO of the Year’ at CMO Asia Awards 2019 held in Singapore on 15th August. The award is an acknowledgment of his contributions and hard work that transformed CSS Corp into a brand new digital service providing organization.
Manish Tandon quoted: "It is an honor to receive the CEO of the Year award from the prestigious CMO Asia group. It is truly humbling when your work is recognized by industry veterans. I would like to thank the entire CSS Corp team who took the leap of faith with me and tirelessly helped in delivering the best to all our stakeholders. I also appreciate our customers for their trust and confidence in CSS Corp as we move ahead on this transformation journey. The Award for Excellence in IT/ITeS Sector goes on to show that the team at CSS Corp is breaking conventions to reach new heights in innovation." Apart from the 'CEO of the year' award, CSS Corp was also awarded Excellence in the IT/ITes Sector in the 2019 CMO Asia Awards. CSS has been recognized for its exceptional services that offer world-class operation with top-notch technological solutions.
In 2006, SAIF Partners invested $22.5 million in CSS Corp. In 2007, CSS Corp raised a $25 million round in 2007 led by Goldman Sachs. The Venture capital firm; Sierra Ventures also holds a stake in the company.
CSS Corp occupies the 10th rank in the 'Dream Companies to Work for' list by Times Ascent. The work culture is vibrant and versatile resulting in a better output from its employees. For the past 23 years, this company has been catering to its customers by providing detailed Tech Support, Hi-Tech CMS and security service segment. CSS Corp is a service-based company that offers key assistance in automation, digital technologies, AI and analytics with the objective to simplify its client’s specific customer engagement requirements. The company’s working module is to target clients’ existing traditional models and upgrade it to a new age technology service model.
• CSS Software India • E-Brahma Technologies Pvt. Ltd. • Glow Networks, Inc. • SlashSupport, Inc. • CSS Corp Private Limited.
The company through its CSR arm; CSS Corp Foundation engages in environmental and social contribution initiatives, digital literacy programs, E-waste management, community engagement, environment and wildlife conservation.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2016 - CSS Corp won the 3rd position in the "Excellence in Sustainability" category at the OSHAI Award.
- 2017 - CSS Corp was named the winner of a Silver Stevie Award in the "Best New Product or Service of the Year" in the Service category at The 14th Annual International Business Awards 2017.
- 2017 - CSS Corp bagged the title for "Brand Excellence in IT/ITES category" at the CMO ASIA Awards"
- 2017 - NASSCOM Digital Skills Award for the Digital Career Progression Framework
- 2017 - “Cool Vendor” in Gartner’s Cool Vendors in ITSM 2.0
- 2018 - CSS Corp won the "Certified Support Staff Excellence Center" award 2018 at TSW conference.
- 2018 - CSS Corp was awarded a Silver Stevie for the “Best New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Big Data Solution” category and a Golden Stevie in “Best New Product or Service of the Year - Software - IT Service Management Solution” category at the 2018 International Business Awards.
- 2018 - Won gold at the 10th Annual Golden Bridge Award
- 2018 - Won 5th Big Data and Analytics Converge Award
- 2019 - CSS Corp won the NASSCOM Customer Service Excellence Award 2019 in the "Transformation" category for its Managed Services Partnership (MSP) model.
- 2019 - CSS Corp's Manish Tondon recognized as the CEO of the Year at CMO Asia Awards 2019.
- 2019 - CSS Corp won Gold in the "Best Solutions of the Year" category at the 11th Annual 2019 Golden Bridge Awards.
- 2019 - CSS Corp won a Stevie Awards for "Best Use of Customer Insights Category" at 2019 Sales & Customer Service Awards.
- 2019 - CSS Corp won the "Solution Provider of the Year: People's Choice" award at the Incite Customer Service Awards 2019 event
- 2019 - CSS Corp won the "Digital Company of the Year 2019" by BTVI Business Leader of the Year Awards, chosen for its ability to digitize customer experience operations.
- "Forrester includes CSS Corp. in cloud migration services report". businessworld.in. 4 May 2017. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp working on AI and IoT based solutions to provide better IT services". telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- ONLINE, DQINDIA (17 October 2018). "CSS Corp Opens New Delivery Centre in Manila, Philippines". DATAQUEST. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp Announces Two Significant Acquisitions To Solidify Its Solutions Portfolio for the Converged Enterprise IT and Telecommunications Marketplace". businesswire.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "PE-Backed CSS Corp Appoints TG Ramesh As CEO". 29 June 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Partners Group acquires majority stake in CSS Corp, a global technology support services leader". partnersgroup.com. 25 June 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp goes for top-level rejig". thehindu.com. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp Appoints Manish Tandon as its New CEO, to be Based in the US". prnewswire.com. 6 August 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp joins hands with Microsoft to accelerate digital transformation". new.microsoft.com. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp opens new facility in Manila". egov.eletsonline.com. 17 October 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp sees a bright spot with Manish Tondon". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "After years of flat revenues, CSS Corp expects 15% growth: Manish Tandon". business-standard.com. 10 August 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "Revealed: The secret behind CSS Corp's turnaround". cio.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 29 Jan 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS open to IPO or strategic buyer, says CEO Manish Tandon". thehindubusinessline.com. 9 January 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp's Nishikant Nigam: Small deals here to stay, enough room for all". moneycontrol.com. 26 September 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "How CSS Corp is betting on AI, automation, analytics to open new revenue streams". techcircle.com. 13 August 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp sees a bright spot with Manish Tandon". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp's Manish Tondon recognized as the CEO of the year at CMO Asia Awards 2019". aninews.in. 20 September 2019. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- Madhav, A Chanchani (25 June 2013). "SAIF Partners hikes stake in Persistent to over 5%". vccircle.com. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Goldman Sachs Leads $25 Million Investment Round in Cybernet - SlashSupport (CSS)". thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Partners joins mgmt to buy CSS Corp for $275m". epaper.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Dream Companies to Work for". 16 February 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- Moumita, Deb Choudhury (22 May 2017). "Convergence, Key To Biz Empowerment: CSS Corp CEO". cxotoday.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Independent Research Firm includes CSS Corp in Cloud Migration Services Report". bisinfotech.com. 3 May 2017. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Forrester includes CSS Corp. in cloud migration services report". bwcio.businessworld.in. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Solar-powered borewell to replenish 'tiger tank'". thehindu.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Cameras in Nagarahole capture 72 tigers". thehindu.com. 10 March 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Bandipur gets additional camera traps to protect tigers". deccanherald.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp rolls out digital literacy programme phase II in Tamil Nadu". deccanherald.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "BITS Pilani Now Offers 'Earn as You Learn' in Association with Global IT Firm CSS Corp". bwdisrupt.businessworld.in. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Success Story OSHAI Conclave 2016" (PDF). OSHAI.in. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Excellence in Branding & Marketing 2017". thehindubusinessline.com. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp wins Silver Stevie® in 2017 International Business Awards℠". cmoasia.org. 16 August 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp wins NASSCOM's digital skills award for 2017". www.business-standard.com. 27 July 2017. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp Recognized as "Cool Vendor" in ITSM 2.0 by Gartner". businesswire.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp's customer ALE wins Certified Support Excellence Center Award 2018 at The TSW Conference". crn.in. 20 November 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp wins Gold Stevie® & Silver Stevie® at 2018 International Business Awards®". 16 August 2018. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp wins gold at 10th Annual 2018 Golden Bridge Awards". www.business-standard.com. 16 August 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp wins '5th Big Data & Analytics Converge 2018 Award' for its 'Active Insights' Platform". www.business-standard.com. 8 February 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "CSS Corp wins NASSCOM's Customer Service Excellence Award 2019". business-standard.com. 12 September 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp's Manish Tandon recognized as the CEO of the Year at CMO Asia Awards 2019". business-standard.com. 20 September 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp Wins Gold in IT Services at the 11th Annual 2019 Golden Bridge Awards". uniindia.com. 31 October 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "2019 Stevie Award Winners". 22 February 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp Wins the Incite Customer Service Awards 2019". mybrandbook.co.in. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp Wins Digital company of the Year 2019 at BTVI Business Leader of the Year Awards". uniindia.com. 10 June 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "CSS Corp Wins Digital company of the Year 2019 at BTVI Business Leader of the Year Awards". business-standard.com. 10 June 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
This article "CSS CORP" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CSS CORP. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.