Assorted cheeses, featuring cacique
|Industry||Cheese and food production|
|Founded 📆||1976 in Lakewood, California|
|Founder 👔||Jennie and Gilbert de Cardenas|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Gil de Cardenas, CEO|
|Products 📟||Dairy products, Sausages|
|Revenue🤑||Revenue estimated at $48 million |
|Owner||The de Cardenas family|
Number of employees
|242 (2020 estimate) |
Cacique, Inc is a producer of Hispanic-style dairy products, sausages, and beverages based in the United States. The company is known for their Mexican Cheeses. The annual revenue of the Cacique corporation is estimated at $48 million as of 2020.
Jennie and Gilbert de Cardenas immigrated in 1971 from Cuba to Southern California. They began producing Queso Fresco by hand two years later, in 1973, and selling the cheese door to door in downtown Los Angeles. In 1973, they opened their first plant in Lakewood, California.. Cacique was officially incorporated in 1976. The company name is derived from the Native American word for chief or leader, indicating the "best and the pinnacle of experience".
In 2019, Cacique acquired the salsa producer El Sol Foods.
In 2021, the Baupost Group, a large hedge fund took a minority stake in Cacique. Later that year, Cacique began construction of an $88 million dairy processing plant in Amarillo, Texas. The company received more than a million dollars in grant funding from the Texas Enterprise Fund, as well as an incentive package from the city of Amarillo.
Cacique produces a number of Mexican cheeses such as Oaxaca cheese, Queso Fresco, and Cotija cheese distributed in vacuum seal packaging as well as dairy products such as cremas, and yogurt smoothies.
In addition to the dairy products, Cacique also produces Mexican-style sausages including chorizo, longaniza, and bolitas, and horchata beverages.
Other articles of the topics Companies AND Food : Breadline Cafe, Joanne's Food Truck, List of restaurants in Kuwait, Stoner's Pizza Joint, CDO Foodsphere, Inc., Health food restaurant, Caternow
Other articles of the topic Companies : Intellitech Corp., Tumblr, Equinox Realty and Infrastructure Private Limited, Blue Moon Aviation, A-Bomb, Nivea, L&T Valves
Other articles of the topic Food : eat-the-world, Blaster Bates (drink), Vitam-R, List of sources of Korean culinary history, Specialties of soups, Mai's, Chocolate-covered cookie dough
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of cheesemakers
- List of dairy product companies in the United States
- "Business Search - Entity Detail C0801591 CACIQUE, INC". California Secretary of State. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Cacique, Inc. Company Profile". Dun & Bradstreet. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Notable Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Cacique". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Cacique, Inc". California Cheese Trail. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Cacique acquires US home-style salsas maker El Sol Foods". Food Processing Technology. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Cacique®, LLC Announces Strategic Equity Investment by The Baupost Group, LLC to Accelerate Growth". Cision PR Newswire. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Latin cheese company Cacique investing in Amarillo". ABC7News. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Cacique begins construction of $88 million dairy processing plant in Texas to accelerate its expansion". Abasto Magazine. Archived from the original on July 19, 2021. Retrieved July 19, 2021. Unknown parameter
This article "Cacique Cheese" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cacique Cheese. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.