Cancelled UFC event on May 30, 2020
|UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Burns|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 30, 2020|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Attendance||None (behind closed doors)|
UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Burns was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that took place on May 30, 2020 at the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
The event was headlined by a welterweight bout between former UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley and Gilbert Burns.
This event was originally expected to be held on May 23, but the promotion eventually pushed it back to May 30 at a yet TBD location. UFC president Dana White stated that he intended for the event to take place in Las Vegas. However, if the Nevada state government did not allow the fight to happen due to restrictions put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, he would look to have the event take place in Arizona instead, since professional sports were allowed to return on May 15 without fans in attendance. White confirmed on May 20 that the event will be held at the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, despite no official announcement from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) regarding permission for combat sports.
Additionally, the event includes fighters that were pulled from other events previously cancelled, as well as the following bouts:
- A heavyweight bout between former WSOF Heavyweight Champion Blagoy Ivanov and Augusto Sakai (scheduled for the original May 9 date of UFC 250 that later became UFC 249).
- A women's strawweight bout between Mackenzie Dern and Hannah Cifers (scheduled for UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Teixeira on April 25).
At the weigh-ins, Brok Weaver weighed in at 157.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds over the lightweight non-title fight limit of 156 pounds. He was fined 20 percent of his purse and his bout with Roosevelt Roberts proceeded at a catchweight.
|Main Card (ESPN)|
|Welterweight||Gilbert Burns||def.||Tyron Woodley||Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–44, 50–44)||5||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Augusto Sakai||def.||Blagoy Ivanov||Decision (split) (27–30, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (150 lbs)||Billy Quarantillo||def.||Spike Carlyle||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (157.5 lbs)||Roosevelt Roberts||def.||Brok Weaver||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||3:26|
|Women’s Strawweight||Mackenzie Dern||def.||Hannah Cifers||Submission (kneebar)||1||2:36|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+)|
|Women's Flyweight||Katlyn Chookagian||def.||Antonina Shevchenko||Decision (unanimous) (30–25, 30–25, 30–25)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Daniel Rodriguez||def.||Gabriel Green||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Jamahal Hill||def.||Klidson Abreu||TKO (knee to the body and punches)||1||1:51|
|Flyweight||Brandon Royval||def.||Tim Elliott||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||2||3:18|
|Bantamweight||Casey Kenney||def.||Louis Smolka||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||3:03|
|Featherweight||Chris Gutiérrez||def.||Vince Morales||TKO (leg kicks)||2||4:27|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Brandon Royval vs. Tim Elliott
- Performance of the Night: Gilbert Burns and Mackenzie Dern
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Gilbert Burns: $164,000 (includes $84,000 win bonus) def. Tyron Woodley: $200,000
- Augusto Sakai: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus) def. Blagoy Ivanov $60,000
- Billy Quarantillo: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Spike Carlyle: $12,000
- Roosevelt Roberts: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Brok Weaver $12,000
- Mackenzie Dern: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus) def. Hannah Cifers: $25,000
- Katlyn Chookagian: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) def. Antonina Shevchenko: $35,000
- Daniel Rodriguez: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Gabriel Green: $12,000
- Jamahal Hill: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Klidson Abreu: $18,000
- Brandon Royval: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Tim Elliott: $31,000
- Casey Kenney: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. Louis Smolka: $48,000
- Chris Gutiérrez: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Vince Morales: $20,000
Other articles of the topic United States : Italian American, Craig Huey, I'm In Love!, Robert H. Bolton, Oakwood Adventist Academy, United Stater, CNN Coco Bandicoot
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of UFC events
- List of current UFC fighters
- 2020 in UFC
- Farah Hannoun (2020-05-20). "Dana White says UFC's May 30 event to be held at Apex in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Adam Martin (2020-05-22). "Full card announced for UFC Fight Night: Tyron Woodley vs. Gilbert Burns". bjpenn.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- Nolan King (2020-05-12). "UFC eyes May 30 as new date for event originally planned May 23". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-13.
- Tristen Critchfield (2020-05-17). "Dana White: Arizona targeted for May 30 UFC event if Las Vegas isn't open". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Nolan King (2020-05-26). "Kevin Holland injured, out of UFC on ESPN 9 bout vs. Daniel Rodriguez". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- Nolan King (2020-05-26). "Gabriel Green expected to replace Kevin Holland at UFC on ESPN 9, meet Daniel Rodriguez". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- Staff (2020-05-29). "UFC on ESPN 9 weigh-in results: Woodley, Burns official, but one fighter misses". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- "UFC on ESPN 9 results: Gilbert Burns dominates ex-champ Tyron Woodley, calls for title shot with teammate Kamaru Usman". MMA Junkie. 2020-05-31. Retrieved 2020-05-31.
- "UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Burns". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2020-05-30. Unknown parameter
- Haynes, Stephie (2020-05-31). "UFC Las Vegas bonuses: Dern's record-setting kneebar wins POTN". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2020-05-31.
This article "Cancelled UFC event on May 30, 2020" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cancelled UFC event on May 30, 2020. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.