Carlo Rivetti is an Italian businessman dedicated to the textile sector and specifically to sportswear. He started working at his family company GFT (Gruppo Finanziario Tessile) and expanded it to create the GFT Sporswear division, creating brands such as Stone Island and Boneville.
|Born||September 9th 1956, Lausanne|
|🏫 Education||Università Luigi Bocconi, Milan.|
|Co-founder of Sportswear Company S.p.A. President and creative director of Stone Island.|
|Board member of||He was a member of the board of directors of the Italian Federation of Textiles, Altagamma, Sim Ati, Pitti Immagine and camera nazionale della moda.|
|❤️ Partner(s)||First wife: Marina Avallone. Current wife: Sabina Marini Clarelli|
|👴 👵 Parents|
|👪 Relatives||Cristina Rivetti (sister)|
Carlo Rivetti was born on September 9th 1956 in Lausanne, Switzerland. He graduated in business studies, economics and marketing from Luigi Bocconi University in Milan. In his business career he has worked for a number of companies such as C.P. Company, GFT (Gruppo Finanziario Tessile) and Stone Island. He has covered various corporate roles: he was a member of the Board of Directors of Pitti Immagine, being in charge of the promotion and industrialisation area for Smi-Ati, the Federation of Italian Textiles Companies and Fashion, and he was on the administration as foreign business activities coordinator for Altagamma.
Rivetti has been a professional skier and was a member of the Italian National B ski team. In his youth, he played football for the Torino F.C. youth team. He competed in the European Championship for the Economic University held in Paris. From 2002 to 2012 he was the captain of the "Nazionale Stilisti" (National Football Team of Fashion Designers).
Rivetti’s family has been involved in the textile industry for more than a century and has gained a certain notoriety in the Italian textile market.
The textile experience of the Rivetti Family started when in 1872 Giuseppe Rivetti decided to sell all his cattle in order to buy the looms to create a wooll mill.This later merged with the Turin group GFT (Gruppo Finanziario Tessile). Rivetti's father, Silvio Rivetti, after the Second World War, while in the United States, came across the Palm Beach Incorporated Company which produced garments on theoretical sizes (clothing sizes); a feature which was not yet available in the European market. The introduction of this new technology by Silvio Rivetti in Italy led to the growth of the family business, Gruppo Finanziario Tessile (GFT). By producing clothes with theoretical sizes the GFT became one of the main Italian companies specialized in mass production of clothing.
After Silvio Rivetti died in 1961, his brother, Pier Giorgio Rivetti, became the CEO of the company. In response to the 1973 oil crisis Marco Rivetti, Rivetti's cousin, brought a new turn in the industry by linking the classical industrial approach with fashion, inventing what is now known as ready to wear. GFT created the fashion collections starting with Giorgio Armani and then with other famous designers such as Emanuel Ungaro and Valentino.  This contributed to the creation of the so-called Made in Italy phenomena.
Rivetti's family is closely linked to football. His grandfather, Enrico Marone Cinzano, built the Filadelfia Stadium, the first private stadium in Italy, called where the Grande Torino football team used to play. He was the president of A.C. Torino that won the first Italian championship in 1927.
Carlo Rivetti’s career began in 1975 when he started working for his family company GFT (Gruppo Finanziario Tessile), as the Marketing Vice Director and later on he became the Director of Human Resources. His dream was to bring new ideas and new products in the company, so he became interested in sportswear clothing.
He met Massimo Osti in 1980, a well known fashion designer and the owner of C.P. Company, an Italian brand created in 1971. Thanks to Rivetti, during the 80’s, GFT decided to expand, entering in a new market. In 1983 the company acquired 50% of C.P. Company and afterwards they created the GFT Sportswear division. GFT later bought 100% shares of C.P. Company.Carlo Rivetti and Massimo Osti started many projects creating new and successful brands such as Boneville and Stone Island.
In 1993 Rivetti and his sister Cristina Rivetti left the family business to create their own company, known today as Sportswear Company. He bought C.P Company, Stone Island from GFT. In 2008, as of the concern for the economic crisis, he decided to focus all his resources only on Stone Island. That is why he sold the C.P Company brand in 2010. 
Carlo Rivetti received many nominations and awards during his business career, the last one being, a two year in a row nomination from Hypebeast (American fashion magazine) as one of the most influential personality in fashion.
Rivetti's company efforts
Rivetti described his desire for continuous experimentation and research as a succes factor of Stone Island. He is the founder of Stone Island and one of the precursor of the growing sector called "urban sportswear".
Rivetti, together with the team of his brand (Stone Island), designs and manufactures mainly coats, jackets, shirts and T-shirts. They also research applying, finishing and dyeing techniques for production of garments, and are known for the high quality and the garment dyeing technique.
Rivetti feels like a coach over his team and likes to challenge them for new creative ideas. Rivetti's team is multicultural, consisting in a group of individuals of different ages and backgrounds, that portray different creative visions.
During Rivetti's direction, Stone Island has been listed as one of the most relevant brands by Lyst, it has stores in all the big cities of Europe, such as Paris, London and Amsterdam; recently is also active and popular in America and Japan.  Rivetti described passion as his secret ingredient. Under Rivetti's direction the brand has also been able to adapt to the digital marketplace and collaborates with brands like Supreme and Nike. 
- Polimi. (n.d.). Carlo Rivetti Biografia. Stone Island Showroom. Retrieved November 23, 2018, from https://www.polimi.it/fileadmin/_migrated/content_uploads/CV_Rivetti_08.pdf
- Espinoza, J. (2018, June 1). Get to Know Stone Island, Supreme's Latest Collaborator. Retrieved November 8, 2018, from https://www.complex.com/style/2015/04/get-to-know-italian-brand-stone-island/
- Rivetti, C. (n.d.-b). My history, my company by Carlo Rivetti. Retrieved November 8th, 2018, from https://www.stoneisland.com/experience/en/the-brand/my-history/
- Redazione ASToil. (2017, November 12). Accesso alla biblioteca e consultazione dei volumi. Retrieved December 7, 2018, from http://archiviodistatotorino.beniculturali.it/?eid=1
- Zanzi, C. (2017, November 22). Il mio anno da incorniciare. Pambianco news. Retrieved November 31, from https://www.pambianconews.com/2017/11/22/rivetti-stone-island-il-mio-anno-da-incorniciare-225410/
- The Mag. (2016, December 16). From The Mag | Carlo Rivetti: Creator of the Club. Retrieved November 11, 2018, from https://www.soccerbible.com/interviews/2016/from-the-mag-carlo-rivetti-creator-of-the-club/
- Sharp, O. (2016, December 21). Stone Island’s Carlo Rivetti on fashion and football. GQ Style, 12(6). Retrieved from https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/carlo-rivetti-stone-island-interview
- Estiler, K. (2016, November 9). Stone Island's Carlo Rivetti Talks Inspiration, Innovation and His Love for Subcultures. Retrieved November 11, 2018, from https://hypebeast.com/2016/11/stone-island-carlo-rivetti-slam-jam-socialism-interview
- Bloomberg. (n.d.). Company Overview of Sportswear Company SpA. Retrieved November 11, 2018, from https://www.bloomberg.com/tosv2.html?vid=&uuid=aa930370-e600-11e8-ac58-8bb18491c9cf&url=L3Jlc2VhcmNoL3N0b2Nrcy9wcml2YXRlL3NuYXBzaG90LmFzcD9wcml2Y2FwSWQ9MjMwNjQ4MDU=
- Fashion Magazine. (2015, December 1). C.P. Company esce dalla scuderia di Fgf. Enzo Fusco vende alla cinese Tristate. Retrieved December 5, 2018, from https://www.fashionmagazine.it/business/Acquisizioni-C.P.-Company-esce-dalla-scuderia-di-Fgf.-Enzo-Fusco-vende-alla-cinese-Tristate-66151
- Hypebeast. (2016, January 1). HB100 2016 | HYPEBEAST. Retrieved from 11 november 2018, van https://hypebeast.com/hb100/2016
- Pollo, P. (2017, December 9). The president of Stone Island about excellent collaborations and allergy to uniforms. PressReader. Retrieved December 5, 2018, from http://www.pressreader.com/italy/corriere-della-sera/20171209/282132111782050
- Stone Island. (2018). Flagship Stores. S.P.A. Company Retrieved December 5, 2018, from https://www.stoneisland.com/experience/en/the-brand/flagship-stores/
- Eugene, R. (2018, September 15). Stone Island Opens New Flagship Store in Tokyo. HighSnobiety. Retrieved December 5, 2018, from https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/stone-island-tokyo-flagship-store/
- Stanley, J. (2017, January 1). Stone Island: No Man Is an Island. Hypebeast. Retrieved December 5, 2018, from https://hypebeast.com/2017/1/hypebeast-magazine-interview-carlo-rivetti-stone-island
- Mingo, C. (2016). The Stone Island Family | A Conversation with Carlo Rivetti. Haven. Retrieved December 5, 2018, from https://havenshop.com/features/stone-island-family-conversation-carlo-rivetti-2/
- Wilson, A.; Blackburn, S.; Hornig, S.E .; Wilson, C.P. (1992). Major Companies of Europe 1991-1992 Vol. 1 London: Graham & Trotman. ISBN 1-85333-598-3 Search this book on ..
- University of Minnesota. (1993).Index of Patents Issued from the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Part 1, Volume 1. The Office.
- Mozorri, Cristina. (2001). Carlo Rivetti: C. P. Company - Stone Island. Automobilia. ISBN 8879601202 Search this book on ..
- Molho, Renata. (2005). Essere Armani. Milan: Baldini & Castoldi. ISBN 978-88-6865-715-4 Search this book on ..
- Ciani, Stefania; Lapo, Raglini. (2013). Marketing Coaching. Milan: FrancoAngeli.
- Potvin, John. (2013). Giorgio Armani: Empire of the Senses. Farnham: Ashgate Publishing Limited. ISBN 1409406687 Search this book on ..
- Jin, Byoungho; Credola, Elena. (2017). Product Innovation in the Global Fashion Industry. Greensboro: Palgrave Sudies in Practice. ISBN 978-1-137-52348-8 Search this book on ..
- Gilberto, Serravalli. (2018). Incióu sü tüt: La parabola di un capitalismo prepotente. Turin: Rosenberg & Sellier. ISBN 978-88-7885-554-0 Search this book on ..
This article "Carlo Rivetti" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Carlo Rivetti. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.