18 October 1953
Moodoor, Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu
|Pen name||P. Chengalvarayan|
|Language||Tamil Telugu, English|
|Alma mater||Alagappa University|
Chengalvarayan Padmanaban is a writer, researcher and Deputy Controller of Examinations at Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Dr. P., Chengalvarayan was born on 18 October 1953 in Moodoor, a remote village in Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu.
After completing his B. Sc. and B. Ed. degrees, he got a job of a head clerk at a college attached to Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu in January, 1977.
He received his M. A. (Sociology) degree from Annamalai University, Chidambaram in 1983 and Ph. D. (Women’s Studies) degree from Alagappa University, Karaikudi in 1999. He has been working as an academic administrator at Alagappa University for 33 years and 9 months and retired on superannuation. He is now working as an academic administrator (Deputy Controller of Examinations) at Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute (Deemed to be university), Maduravoyal, Chennai since November 2010.
He has published books on the following topics:
The Fascinating World of Numbers (New Delhi: Regal Publications, 2012)
On the intellectual capabilities of women he advocated “Women could establish their intellectual capabilities on par with men and in some cases they excelled men in the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge in the male-dominated subjects like mathematics even during the period when they were deprived of their educational opportunities.” 
With regard to the understanding of mathematics as a subject at various levels of learning, he wrote “To motivate the students for better performance in mathematics, the content portion may be taught with the related history of mathematics. This will not only motivate the students to learn mathematics as a subject more interestingly, but also persuade him/her to undertake further research at fundamental level.” 
Chengalvarayan has made research contributions in the multidisciplinary areas of knowledge of Mathematics, Education, Management, Women’s Studies and Environmental Studies  that includes the following research papers.
- Pythagorean Triples – A Historical Perspective, Mathematical Education, 9, 108 – 110 in 1992
- Facts Relating to Two Consecutive Natural Numbers, The Mathematics Teacher, 28, 138 – 139 in 1993
- Use of Computers in University Administration, Electronics For You, 39 – 42 in 1995
- Research Promotion Strategies in Universities, Journal of Higher Education, 20, 395 – 401 in 1997
- Preservation of Environment against Pollution in Educational Institutions, Radio programme through All India Radio, Madurai on 8, 18 and 28 October 1996.
- Life and Works of Srinivasa Ramanujan on Radio programme through All India Radio, Madurai on 5th May 1997
- Few other articles on Pure Geometry for the understanding of geometrical principles.
- "Chengalvarayan Padmanaban". World Book of Researchers. 2018-06-11. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "Chengalvarayan Padmanaban | M.A., Ph.D. | Dr. M.G.R. University, Chennai | Examination Cell". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "9788189915728: Women Mathematicians: Their Contributions - AbeBooks - P. Chengalvarayan S. Gokilavani: 818991572X". www.abebooks.com. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Chengalvarayan, P; Gokilavani, S (2007). Women mathematicians : their contributions : a critique. New Delhi : Regal. ISBN 9788189915728. Search this book on
- "Download Books by Robert P Gwinn". Free E-Book Download. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "The Fascinating World Of Numbers by Chengalvarayan P.: Regal Publications 9788184841886 - Majestic Books". www.abebooks.com. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "P Chengalvarayan - AbeBooks". www.abebooks.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Fascinating World of Numbers. ASIN 8184841884. Search this book on
- "ASSIST WORLD RECORDS". www.assistworldrecords.com. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Congress, The Library of. "LC Linked Data Service: Authorities and Vocabularies (Library of Congress)". id.loc.gov. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Chengalvarayan, P.; Gokilvani, Srinivasan (1 January 2007). Women mathematicians: their contributions, a critique. Regal Publications. ISBN 978-81-89915-72-8. Search this book on
- Chengalvarayan, P. (2012). The Fascinating World of Numbers. Regal Publications. ISBN 9788184841886. Search this book on
This article "Chengalvarayan Padmanaban" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chengalvarayan Padmanaban. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.