Chris O'Neill (Oney)
|Born||Christopher Luke O'Neill|
November 21, 1990
Wexford, County Wexford, Ireland
|Also known as||OneyNG|
|Updated 20 May 2021|
Chris O'Neill (born November 21, 1990), also known by his Internet pseudonym Oney or OneyNG (//), is an Irish animator, voice actor, musician, video game designer, and YouTube personality. He is well known for his animations on Newgrounds and YouTube, being the co-founder and eponymous host of the YouTube Let's Play web series OneyPlays, his upcoming video game Bowlbo: The Quest for Bing Bing, and his animation work on the TV pilots for Hellbenders and Smiling Friends and the Bushworld Adventures special for Rick and Morty on Adult Swim.
In 2013, Chris O'Neill's animation YouTube channel was ranked as Ireland's most successful YouTube channel with a total of 240 million views at the time. The channel's animation content included his original series Leo and Satan, videos parodying "nerd media" such as Harry Potter, Final Fantasy 7, and Dragon Ball Z, and the series Hellbenders, the lattermost of which he made in collaboration with fellow Newgrounds animator Zach Hadel.
In 2014, O’Neill began posting Let's Play video content to the Oney's Video Hole channel, renamed OneyPlays. The channel became prominent in 2017 for starting the Crash Bandicoot "Woah" internet meme based on a common sound-effect from the classic PlayStation series, spawning many song parodies and animations, including one where Crash is inserted into the anime Attack on Titan. The meme also reappeared as an easter egg in the 2020 video-game Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. Typically featuring co-hosts, the channel initially included the duo Ding Dong & Julian, later including other animators and internet personalities such as Zach Hadel, Joshua Tomar, and Lyle Rath, as well as guests such as Matt Watson and Ryan Magee of SuperMega, and Jon Jafari and Arin Hanson of the original Game Grumps, although O'Neill and Hanson had a public falling-out via Twitter in 2019.
In 2019, O’Neill created the game studio OneyWare and announced development on the studio’s first game, Bowlbó: The Quest for Bing Bing. The game centers on a boy named Bowlbó on a mission to save his "poochingus" Bing Bing from an evil witch. No release date has been stated.
- Variation of which include "BoneyPlays" and "OneySleighs" for holiday-themed videos.
- Mon; Jul, 09; 2018 - 01:00 (2018-07-09). "From beauty vloggers to Minecraft: Ireland's top YouTube earners". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- "Chris O'Neill". IMDb. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- Tamburro, Paul (2019-08-01). "Game Grumps' Arin Hanson under fire for criticizing YouTube animator". GameRevolution. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- OneyPlays (Comedy), Chris O'Neill, Ding Dong, Julian, Matt Watson, 2014-05-26, retrieved 2021-05-14
- Cuatero, Patricia (2020-10-07). "Crash Bandicoot 4: 10 References Only Hardcore Fans Caught". TheGamer. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- "240 million views - the Wexford man behind Ireland's most successful YouTube channel". JOE.ie. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- Kimberly, Kenny (2020-03-06). "OneyWare's Bowlbo: The Quest for Bing Bing Gets A Steam Page Ahead Of Launch". HappyGamer. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- Bobic, Chrissy (April 10, 2020). "'Smiling Friends' on Adult Swim Is Somehow Already a Hit Among Fans". Distractify. Retrieved 2021-05-14. Unknown parameter
- Hearne, John (28 March 2013). "Irish reveal how to make a career out of YouTube". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2021-05-15.
- Frank, Allegra (August 3, 2017). "Crash Bandicoot's 'woah' is the internet's new obsession". Polygon. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- Vincent, Britanny (Aug 3, 2017). "'Crash Bandicoot' "Woah" Memes: These videos are sweeping the internet". Mic. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- Dube, Kat (November 20, 2020). "Best YouTube Gaming Channels". Groovypost. Retrieved May 16, 2021.
- Kratky, Otto (2020). "Bowlbo From Oney Drops First Gameplay Trailer". Dualshockers. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Internet : Ezexzo, Colby Cosh, Kayden James Buchanan, Fedmyster, Kaycee David, Jack Anthony Isaacs, Emily Tassie
Others articles of the Topics Internet AND Video games : Hospital Manager Online, CodeMiko, Android Shark, Ezexzo, TheRunawayGuys, Ironmouse, ChilledChaos
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Video games : ChilledChaos, Christopher Taber, Vitas Varnas, CodeMiko, Ezexzo
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Maurice Joseph Manuel, Luis F. Castro, Carl W. Weiss, Elwood A. "Woody" Freeman, List of senior career goals scored by Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert M. La Prade, Achyut Potdar
Others articles of the Topic Internet : Australia Cash, Instagram, Wikimedia Foundation, Fedmyster, Hungry Hub, Marscoin, Bharat News
Others articles of the Topic Video games : Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam, Triforce (arcade board), Sarasaland Kingdoms, Dynamic Trial 7, WarFallen, Witch It, List of OpenBSD games
This article "Chris O'Neill (Oney)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chris O'Neill (Oney). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.