|First appearance||third edition Monster Manual (2000)|
In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game, the chuul is a large, pale yellow, lobster-like aberration with a set of pincers and paralytic tentacles.
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 edition and Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition
The chuul first appeared in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and the 3.5 revised Monster Manual (2003). The creature was further developed in Dragon #330 (April 2005). The uchuulon (slime chuul) appeared in Stormwrack (2005).
Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition
The chuul appears in the fourth edition Monster Manual (2008), including the chuul juggernaut.
Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition
Chuul are extremely intelligent, using ambush and advanced hunting tactics to bring down prey. They live in sandy environments such as beaches and deserts, and one of their favorite tactics is to burrow underneath those for sneak attacks. They are capable of swimming, but tend to dislike it. Chuuls usually travel in pairs, and were originally created as servants of the aboleth.
- Uchuulon - The uchuulon, or "slime chuul" is the result of implanting a chuul with an illithid tadpole. The resulting monstrosity exudes a thick, protective slime.
The chuul appeared in Paizo Publishing's book Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (2009), on page 46.
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Mearls, Mike. "The Ecology of the Chuul" Dragon #330 (Paizo Publishing, 2005)
- Baker, Richard, Joseph D. Carriker, and Jennifer Clarke-Wilkes. Stormwrack (Wizards of the Coast, 2005)
- Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2014)
- Out of the Abyss (Wizards of the Coast, 2014)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Chuul" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chuul. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.