Daily active users
Daily active users (DAU) is a way of gauging the success of an internet product such as a social networking service, online game, or mobile app. It uses the measurement of how many users visited or interacted with an internet product or service on a single given day. DAU measures the "stickiness" of an online product by answering the question, "How many users visit the product daily?" Usually the only requirement for a product user to be considered "active" is that they somehow view the product or engage with the product. Examples of this type of product usage would range from visiting the splash page of the product or commenting on a product post by the product's Facebook page, to actually playing the product itself.
A similar measurement is monthly active users (MAU) which gathers the same data but over a month or period of 30 days.
Daily active users are calculated using the internal data of the specific company. There is no singular way to calculate DAU's. Facebook, for example, constantly makes changes to their calculations to make them more accurate.  Each company will have their own unique method for calculation DAU. Many companies do not share specific details regarding how they calculate DAU.
- Monthly Active Users
- Customer engagement
- Web analytics
- List of most-played video games by player count
- List of most-played mobile games by player count
- List of virtual communities with more than 100 million active users
- Henry, Theresa F., et al. "Socially awkward: social media companies' nonfinancial metrics can send a mixed message." Journal of Accountancy, Sept. 2014, p. 52+. Business Collection, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A381838689/ITBC?u=clackamasccl&sid=ITBC&xid=81e00621. Accessed 25 Oct. 2018.
- Seif El-Nasr, Magy; Drachen, Anders; Canossa, Alessandro (March 30, 2013). Game Analytics: Maximizing the Value of Player Data. Springer. pp. 56–57. ISBN 978-1-4471-4769-5. Search this book on
- Facebook.inc. UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION, July 26, 2018. http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001326801/e91c6e86-f7e9-4dc2-9c39-9ff0ec6ea77d.pdf. November 9, 2018.
|40x30px||This video game culture–related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|30px||This video game gameplay-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Daily active users" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Daily active users. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.