DatKid Smoove in 2018
|Birth name||Zackery Michael Taylor|
|Born||February 25, 1993|
Daly City, California, U.S
|Origin||Pinole, California, U.S.|
Zackery Michael Taylor born February 25, 1993 better known by his stage name DatKid Smoove, is an American rapper and founder of the distribution label Hard2Reach Entertainment.
Zackery Michael Taylor was born on February 25, 1993 in Daly City, California. Better known by his stage name "DatKid Smoove", at a young age, Smoove began listening to artists such as Usher, Michael Jackson, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Aaliyah, Lupe Fiasco , & more. At the age of 17 (after attending Brown University  Smoove moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, where he would attend the University of Nevada, Las Vegas & become close friends with "Kenechi Ubani" engineer for Floyd Mayweather's The Money Team & other associated acts such as e-40 , Rich the Kid, Dizzy Wright & even Stevie J from Love and Hip Hop. Around that time Smoove was working for Apple Inc. and going to college full time studying nursing ; both in which he left to pursue his music career in the San Francisco Bay Area / Los Angeles, respectively. Smoove is a Pinole Valley High School graduate (c/o 2010) with two Alma Mater's as a "Brown Bear" , Brown University & as a UNLV Zeta Beta Tau Zeta Beta Tau fraternity brother. Pinole, Ca (Bay Area) is also known too have raised Bay Area associated acts P-Lo, Iamsu!, Kehlani, G eazy, Nef the Pharoh & more.
2010-2013: Career beginnings
In 2010, Zackery Michael Taylor graduated from Pinole Valley High School , carrying a brand he & his brother dubbed "Hard2Reach Entertainment". When arriving in Las Vegas for school, Taylor didn't know anyone. After seeking out new friends in the dorm rooms of UNLV, Taylor met his first group which consisted of local artists: Scotty Rocks, Big O, Yonus Ford, POW (Nick Crucial & Nate Quest), Drew Gavin, Kenechi Ubani, Osole , TinnMan The Producer, MilesLow, TheOneAndOnly Jayy , & JMowgs. After a few months of reaching & rapping in the dorm room closet under the alias "DatKid Smoove", Smoove released his first mixtape The Improvement (2012) with exclusive sounds, indie features and accredited remixes too : Wale's (rapper) "The Break Up Song", Tupac Shakur's "One Day at a Time" , Modest Mouse's "Float On", The Finatticz "Don't Drop that Thun Thun Thun" and more. After a few short months, Smoove & his "team" fell insanely in love with music day by day and started recording at Kenechi Ubani & Tyler Gaston (King Gas's) Home studio. They later transitioned to JMowgs private Recording studio, where they released & recorded Smoove's second project "Leisure" (2013) and an unreleased project titled "Human Nature". After a falling out with "King Gas" , DatKid Smoove began working more directly with Kenechi Ubani, who had become the studio engineer for Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s "The Money Team" & Cory Harris the (at time) manager for Stevie J. This gave Smoove the opportunity to record in a real life industry studio for the first time.
2014–15: DatKid Smoove - Arsenic Magazine, HotNewHipHop, Power 106 LA , Epic Records
In Jan of 2014 DatKid Smoove had left college & his career at Apple Inc. too pursue music full time. With the release of his first studio album, RedEarthxBlueMoon reception was instantaneous. Far from the "Bay Area Norm" of the Hyphy movement, DatKid's lyrical album RedEarthXBlueMoon reached "heat seeker" status on HotNewHipHop. Shortly after, he soon obtained the title of "Whose's Next 2014" among the top 16 musical artists in the nation , Power106 LA. At that time, Smoove hadn't released any streamable content aside from on DatPiff & SoundCloud , but was soon found by Arsenic Magazine  in 2015 & Lesley Jordan of Epic Records (both of which he passed on signing deals with) .
2016–present: Hard2ReachEnt, EvenForTheSummer/LesserThan,Feelings In The Summer, Music Videos
After 4 years of working in the music industry, DatKid Smoove decided to retrace his steps. Through the pains of fame, glory and dealing with the music industry at such a young age, he decided to move back to the Bay Area and reestablish his brand Hard2Reach Entertainment as a full fledged distribution label for independent artists and all things entertainment . With the aim for "unity" attention was brought to him by Empire Distribution, after recording at his 27th industry studio. Smoove also caught the eye of renown rapper Mistah F.A.B. who shortly walked into Smoove's "welcome home" session for #EvenForTheSummer. Shortly, after running into his middle/high school classmate , P-Lo of The HBK Gang , taking advice and "reading the city" , Smoove saw an opportunity for growth. Within the last 2 years (2018–2020) Smoove has connected 17 brands, distributed over 30+ independent artists and has released his latest music project Feelings in The Summer & #LesserThan via Apple Music, Spotify & more. With the help of videographers Tristan Custodio, Eric Bui, Yonus Ford, Calikeo  & LJ Cunningham , DatKid Smoove has released 8 music videos within this year alone.
He is currently working on distributing new artists, a project with Tyler Casey  videographer for SOB X RBE & Kombat w/a K.
- Feelings In The Summer (2019)
- LesserThan (2018)
- EvenForTheSummer (2017)
- See You In The Fall (2016)
- Heart & Soul 3 (2016)
- RedEarthxBlueMoon 2 (2015)
- Heart & Soul 2 (2015)
- RedEarthxBlueMoon (2014)
- Heart & Soul (2014)
- Leisure (2013)
- The Improvement (2012)
- ↑ "Datkid Smoove - Google Search". g.co.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Datkid Smoove - Google Search". g.co.
- ↑ "Zackery Taylor Support Clean Water for Haiti" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- ↑ "SCOTTY ROCKS". SoundCloud.
- ↑ "BIG-O". SoundCloud.
- ↑ MotionHandProduction (28 March 2014). "Dynamite - Datkid Smoove" – via YouTube.
- ↑ "Eden by POWMINDSET". 27 July 2018.
- ↑ "DruMyWordz". SoundCloud.
- ↑ "IlleVille". Kenechi Ubani.
- ↑ "TinnManPRODUCER". SoundCloud.
- ↑ AHAT Battle Rap League (21 February 2011). "14 year old rapper battles 16 yr old MC" – via YouTube.
- ↑ "datkid smoove - all true lyrics". azlyrics.biz.
- ↑ "DatKid Smoove - Cruel Intentions".
- ↑ "Arsenic - Los Angeles & Worldwide Media Partner". Arsenic - Los Angeles & Worldwide Media Partner.
- ↑ "Datkid Smoove - Google Search". g.co.
- ↑ "It's About To Go Down(Ft. P-LO)".
- ↑ "Home". Tristan Custodio.
- ↑ DatKid Smoove (22 June 2018). "DatKid Smoove - Pop / Different Conversations (Official Music Video)" – via YouTube.
- ↑ MikeJaysings (4 April 2014). "DatKid Smoove- With Time Ft. Mike Truly(Prod. TW$) [Official Music Video]" – via YouTube.
- ↑ l lCalikeo (25 February 2016). "Datkid Smoove - Cruel Intentions" – via YouTube.
- ↑ "Tyler Casey". YouTube.
- ↑ "Kombat With a K". SoundCloud.
- ↑ "FeelingsInTheSummer - Album by DatKid Smoove". 15 Sept 2019. Check date values in:
- ↑ "Lesserthan - EP by Datkid Smoove". 28 April 2018.
- ↑ "#Evenforthesummer by Datkid Smoove". 25 February 2017.
- ↑ "SeeYouInTheFall". SoundCloud.
- ↑ "Heart & Soul 3". SoundCloud.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 eMinor. "DatKid Smoove - Hip Hop from Pinole, CA". ReverbNation.
- ↑ "RedEarthxBlueMoon". SoundCloud.
- ↑ Zackery Taylor (22 December 2012). "Skyfall - DatKid Smoove ft. Big O & Mike James" – via YouTube.
- ↑ Zackery Taylor (15 December 2012). "Kill Everything - DatKid Smoove ft. Suave" – via YouTube.
This article "DatKid Smoove" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DatKid Smoove. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.