|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Services||Online Coupons and Deals|
GrabOn is an Indian coupons and deals marketplace connecting with subscribers and merchants, headquartered in Hyderabad, India. It was founded by Ashok Reddy, in September 2013. By entering into affiliate e-commerce coupon industry, GrabOn operates in over 450 Indian cities. GrabOn provides deals in the industry through B2B partnerships, and a network of merchants. The idea is: ‘Saving On Everything’. GrabOn provides deals across multiple verticals like travel, recharge, fashion, electronics, food, beauty products, clothing, furniture, health, jewelry, movie tickets, automobiles, accessories and home needs. In 2015, GrabOn launched ‘Buzz Notification’ which send users alerts with a coupon and (or) a deal.
Apart from coupons, deals and offers, with 4,000+ merchants and over 6.5+ million users every month, GrabOn has also diversified into gift cards industry with BestPriceOn and GrabOn Gift Cards. GrabOn is listed as 266th high growth company in Asia-Pacific by Financial Times.
History[edit | edit source]
As a bootstrapped, it has become profitable in 15 months. Based on buying patterns of online users, the company launched its ‘Buzz Me’ feature.
GrabOn opened its first e-commerce office in Hyderabad in 2016. The 12,000 sq.ft facility brings Silicon Valley flavor as it has sleeping pods, and allows access to gym, showers and gaming to its staffers. This office offers working environs different from other IT players with an intent of letting the associates unwind even while working.
Business Structure[edit | edit source]
GrabOn provides a platform to display coupons, offers and deals from various online merchants through its properties and channels. The revenue is generated from direct partnerships, affiliate Cost Per Sale (CPS) transactions and B2B partnerships.
GrabOn has forged tie-ups with various merchant platforms across verticals like BFSI, Telecom, Aviation, Online Streaming, Music and Entertainment, Employee Reward Programs, IoT devices, ISPs and many more.
The company showing 20-30 per cent growth year-on-year for the last three years. The company aims to achieve 100-150 per cent growth rate, going forward. The company has got 25 million pageviews per month from its 40 million subscribers.
It has adopted Microsoft Kaizala as a channel to communicate with its subscribers. The inbuilt functionality in the communication app allows GrabOn to create a public group, add customers, and commence direct engagement.
The company has partnered with several verticals like NPCI, Jet Airways, PayPal, PhonePe, IndusInd, Xiaomi, and Truecaller. These alliances provide users with deals and discounts. Affiliate marketing in e-Commerce space is catching up in the market includes offerings like coupons, price comparison and cashback sites in niche categories. As experiential travel has become the buzz word among millennials, the company have added these offerings too to their customers.
GrabOn runs its deals and coupons in consonance with events like Fantasy Cricket League. It has launched the #GrabTheCup challenge. The event was presented by Medlife and co-sponsored by Zoomcar UrbanTribe, ixigo, and Klook. Other partners who are part of the campaign are AppBrowzer, Ridex, Muze,fun and Coolwinks.com.
GrabOn’s Android app, first launched in beta version. While the Android App was rolled out on March 3, 2017 officially, the company had launched the iOS version on February 1, 2017.
Tie-ups & Partnerships[edit | edit source]
With merchants like Flipkart, Amazon(Company, Oyo, MakeMyTrip, Paytm, Swiggy and few others on board, revenues increased. GrabOn increased its customer-base by partnering with ACT FibernetSakshi(newspaper) Newspaper and Uber. The onboarding of players like Uber, Ola, Swiggy, Paytm, Freecharge and Mobikwik, and market research and client support ensured revenue growth for GrabOn.
GrabOn works for sponsorship with Xiaomi, Truecaller, Medlife, Tata Cliq and Honor Phones during campaigns like Christmas Cranivaland Cricket Fantasy League. These contests have games and interactive elements for users to participate and win goodies. 
UPI and Rupay cards users can use GrabOn coupons and deals with their cards and get additional discounts, as the parent of RuPay and UPI, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has joined hands with GrabOn.
Products & Offerings[edit | edit source]
GrabOn’s association with 4,000+ brands has resulted in a wide range of product offerings. From clothing, to travel, food, entertainment, home decor, health and more, GrabOn provides the latest deals through its merchant partnerships. MakeMyTrip, Nykaa, Amazon, Zomato, Paytm, BookMyShow, GoDaddy, Dominos and FirstCry are the companies collaborate with GrabOn.
GrabOn has recently moved into gift cards space as it expects a growth in the gift card segment. Digital cards are also being used to gift experiences. While traditional gifting is taking a backseat, gift cards are becoming the preferred option to users.   GrabOn has witnessed a 40% surge in customers redeeming coupons in Diwali season in 2018 by helping online shoppers save on their expenses by giving offers, deals and discounts on products across segments like food, recharge, travel, and electronics. GrabOn conducts market surveys to understand the trends on online shopping behavior. A survey on online shopping has said that 52.1% of the shoppers’ demographics is men, as opposed to lesser percentage of women. hoichoi, digital content platform for Bengali movies & shows has also entered into a partnership with GrabOn.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Entrepreneur of the year (IT, Internet & Telecommunication) Industry Award from Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship awards in 2018.
- Financial Times ranked GrabOn 266th among 1000 High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2018.
- Winner of Tech Companies to watch out for at BW Business world #TechTors, 2018.
- Winners 7th corporate league in 2016- 2017.
- IBM Startup Star award in 2016.
- Best Kick-Start Start-up award in Startup2day.in EXPO- 2016
- Spirit of Entrepreneurship, Startup2day.in EXPO-2016
- Best Design award at Hysea Annual Awards 2016.
- Achievers Awards at Startup leadership Program 2016
- Future Group’s Retail Startup Awards, 2017
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Inspirelabs | Inspire. Incubate. Innovate". www.inspirelabs.in.
- "50 Start-ups to look out for in 2019!".
- "GrabOn: Office 365 Client launches consumer engagement community on Microsoft Kaizala". https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/. April 24, 2019. External link in
- "FT 1000: High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific". ig.ft.com.
- Kanth, K. Rajani (September 4, 2015). "GrabOn to raise up to $15 mn in Series-A round" – via Business Standard.
- Kumar, V. Rishi. "GrabOn opens Hyderabad office". @businessline.
- Nadadhur, Srivathsan (March 15, 2017). "GrabOn: Go, grab your workstation" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Venugopal, AuthorSruti. "GrabOn in growth mode". Telangana Today.
- "GrabOn sees a spurt in customer engagement through Kaizala".
- "Indian e-commerce marketplace uses mobile app to enhance the customer experience".
- "Affiliate marketing finds its sweet spot in niche categories". November 20, 2018.
- Paitandy, Priyadarshini; Nainar, Nahla (December 12, 2018). "Jingle all the way" – via www.thehindu.com.
, <h9>Download FanFight App</h9>
<h8>Get Rs100. "Fantasy Cricket | Play Online Fantasy Cricket Games & League in India". FanFight.
- "Medlife, Zoomcar, ixigo partner with GrabOn for Cricket Fantasy League".
- "Online coupon company GrabOn launches Android App".
- "Order food online from India's best food delivery service. Order from restaurants near you".
- "GrabOn inducts Tata CLiQ, Scoot, Honor as partners for Christmas Carnival - ET Retail". ETRetail.com.
- "Medlife, Xiaomi, Truecaller Partner with GrabOn Cricket Fantasy this Cricketing Season". April 6, 2018 – via Business Standard.
- "Good news for UPI, RuPay users; get heavy discounts on shopping; check benefits". Zee Business. October 24, 2018.
- "BookMyShow". BookMyShow.
- "GrabOn targets to win over 40% of the gift cards space by 2020 - ET BrandEquity". ETBrandEquity.com.
- "Digigifting- Business News". www.businesstoday.in.
- Sanghvi, Disha (November 7, 2018). "Ditch traditional ideas, make gifts worthwhile for your loved ones". www.livemint.com.
- "Diwali dhamaka! GrabOn sees 40% jump in customers using coupon redemptions in festive season".
- "Survey on online shopping sales, reveals 52.1% of the shopper demographic are men!".
- "hoichoi brings exciting offers for its subscriber-base by its associating with GrabOn".
- "Ashok Reddy".
- "Anil Kapoor inspires young entrepreneurs at a star-studded startup event by Indi.com & IBM".
- Korukonda, Ravi (April 12, 2016). "Recognizing Design - HYSEA Awards, 2016".
- "Best Start-Up company jury award".
- "Retail Leadership Summit (RLS) 2019". www.rls.net.in.
This article "GrabOn" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:GrabOn. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.