|Australian Private Company|
|Industry||Building and Construction Materials|
|Founded 📆||Australia (1 August 2002)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||South Granville, New South Wales, Australia|
Area served 🗺️
|Nick Cai, founder and Managing Director|
Number of employees
Hume (Hume Plasterboard Pty Ltd, trading as Hume Building Products, and known as "Hume") is an Australian building supplies company, founded in 2002 and headquartered at South Granville, in Sydney, New South Wales. Hume has a national delivery network and is an authorised distributor of USG Boral plasterboard, Rondo, and James Hardie building products, amongst other brands. Its commercial division provides supply and installation services for products such as flooring.
Hume has been active since 2002 as a plasterboard supply specialist, and has grown to supply a wide range of building products, tools and accessories, including commercial products such as flooring and cladding and kitchen and bathroom cabinetry.
According to its website, Hume was founded by businessman Nick Cai, and started out in 2002 as an Australia Plasterboard Company (APC) franchisee store with three employees selling BGC Plasterboard. It had rapid growth between 2007-2009, becoming a BGC Plasterboard franchisee with 30 employees and a distributor of USG Boral Plasterboard.
In December 2014, the company opened its flagship national headquarters at South Granville, as "Australia Building Centre", on a warehouse site comprising over twenty thousand square metres, showrooms, and an undercover loading area of over two thousand square metres. The branch became the seventh Hume store in operation.
In 2017, Hume began trading as "Hume Building Products" reflecting its expanding product range. The leasing of a 2965 sq m office-warehouse at 7-9 Yato Road, Prestons, in Sydney's west in 2018 brought the growing business's branch stores across Sydney and Melbourne to nine, serviced by over 230 staff.
Hume's warehouse stores are located in New South Wales and Victoria, with its national head office at 86 Ferndell Street, South Granville, in Sydney, and Victorian operations headquartered out of Preston in Melbourne. As of August 2018, Hume had nine warehouse stores across Sydney and Melbourne.
Hume has been a corporate sponsor of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Team.
- James Hardie
- Economy of Australia
- Architecture of Australia
- Magic Memories and smiles following Kent Street office lease; The Australian Financial Review; Su Lin Tan; June 11, 2018
- "ABN Lookup". abr.business.gov.au. 1 November 2014.
- Hume Building Products: About Us; online 24 July 2018
- Hume Building Products: About Us; www.humeplaster.com.au; online 24 July 2018
- Hume Commercial: About Us; www.humecommercial.com.au; online 24 July 2018
- Hume: About Us www.humeplaster.com.au; online 27 July 2018
- 澳饰建材全新旗舰店进军 South Granville (Australia Building Centre Flagship Store Opens in South Granville); Chinese Community News; www.xkb.com.au; 6/7 December 2014
- Hume Opens at South Granville; www.humeplaster.com.au; online 27 July 2018
- South Granville全新旗舰店明天上午11.30盛大开幕; rank.aoweibang.com; 2014/12/12
- Magic Memories and smiles following Kent Street office lease; Australian Financial Review; Su Lin Tan; June 11, 2018
- Leasing ladder; The Sydney Morning Herald; 9 June 2018
- Hume Locations; www.humeplaster.com.au; online 24 July 2018
- Bulldogs: 2016 Annual Report: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, p. 41; www.bulldogs.com.au; online 24 July 2018
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Hume Building Products" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hume Building Products. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.