|Alma mater||Erasmus University Rotterdam|
|Occupation||Public speaker, Marketer|
|Website||Igor Beuker website|
Igor Beuker (born 1970)) is a Dutch public speaker and marketer. He is the founder of LaComunidad which was acquired by GroupM, a subsidiary of WPP, in 2008. He has spoken at numerous conferences including the Webit Global Series and Exact Live.
Career[edit | edit source]
Beuker graduated from Erasmus University Rotterdam. After graduating, he held executive jobs for Scoot, TeliaSonera, and Telefonica O2. In 1997, he joined the Interactive Advertising Bureau and became chairman in 2002. He would step down as chairman on January 1, 2007.
In 2003, he founded the marketing agency, LaComunidad, which developed the proprietary ViralTracker technology. LaComunidad was acquired by GroupM, a WPP subsidiary, in February 2008. Later in 2008, Beuker launched a global social media marketing agency called, SocialMedia8 under LaComunidad.
In 2009, SocialMedia8 partnered with Mindshare (another WPP subsidiary). As an executive with SocialMedia8, Beuker oversaw marketing strategies for companies such as Nike, Heineken, and others. In 2012, Beuker became Mindshare's Global Chief Social Officer. He has gone on to speak on social media marketing topics at numerous conferences and seminars including at the Webit Global Series, Google Zeitgeist, Emerce Engage, and Exact Live, among others.
References[edit | edit source]
- "'Reclamespotje van Blokker is lippenstift op een varken'" (in Dutch). DeOndernemer. July 25, 2016. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Het wordt tijd dat Facebook en Twitter sociaal worden" (in Dutch). 7Ditches. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "SocialMedia8 founder Igor Beuker is Mindshare's first global chief social officer". Campaign India. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- Derksen, Marco (6 November 2006). "Igor Beuker na tien jaar weg bij IAB Nederland" (in Dutch). MarketingFacts. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- Derksen, Marco (7 February 2008). "LaComunidad overgenomen door GroupM (WPP)" (in Dutch). MarketingFacts. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- van den Broek, Matthijs (22 August 2008). "Igor Beuker (LaComunidad) over SocialMedia8" (in Dutch). MarketingFacts. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Leahul, Dan (10 June 2009). "WPP launches Mindshare social media venture SocialMedia8". Campaign. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Igor Beuker: "What Webit has achieved is phenomenal in my eyes"". Webit. 19 September 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Tuk, Yoshi (21 December 2017). "Igor Beuker: 'Inhaalrace innovatie van corporates is verbeelding'" (in Dutch). Emerce. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Sprado, Annemiek (15 November 2017). "Ceo Robinson spoort op Exact Live aan tot anders denken" (in Dutch). Computable. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "EFactor and Serial Entrepeneur Igor Beuker host free seminars about emerging marketing on Curaçao and Aruba". Curaçao Chronicle. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Igor Beuker" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Igor Beuker/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.