International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming
The International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP) is a gathering of Artificial intelligence, Computer science and Operations Research researchers and practitioners focused on the theory and practice of Constraint programming.. It is organized by the Association for Constraint Programming. The conference proceedings are edited by Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science and indexed in the independent Digital Bibliography & Library Project.
The conference has an acceptance ratio that usually varies between 20 and 40% of the submitted papers. It is currently ranked as an "A" conference by CORE, the Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia and is ranked A2 in Qualis.
During the CP conference, five awards may be delivered:
- The Excellence in Research award is given to CP researchers who have made exceptional and very influential research contributions to Constraint Programming with their work. It is given every two years, alternating with the Distinguished Service Award.
- The Distinguished Service Award is given to community members who have made exceptional contributions to the Constraint Programming community. Areas of service could include, but are not limited to: association service, service as an editor, conference organisation, representation of Constraint Programming in other organizations, etc, resulting in positive effects on the field of CP. It is given every two years, alternating with the Excellence in Research Award.
- The Doctoral Research Award to a promising young researcher working in the area of constraint programming and who defended his/her thesis between January and December of the previous two years. The award, in the form of a certificate, is presented at the CP conference, where the winning researcher gives a talk on the topic of his/her doctoral dissertation. This award can also be delivered with an Honorable Mention to a second thesis.
- Two other awards, the Best Paper Award and the Best Student Paper Award can be delivered every year to the authors of the highest quality papers authored respectively by experienced scientists or students. These awards can also be delivered to additional papers with a Distinguished mention.
List of past conferences
- The list of computer science conferences contains other academic conferences in computer science.
- "CP in the list of top computer science conferences". Guide2Research. Retrieved 7 Oct 2019.
- "About the ACP". www.a4cp.org. ACP. Retrieved 4 Oct 2019.
- "CP proceedings in DBLP". DBLP. Retrieved 7 Oct 2019.
- "CP acceptance ratios". Adaptive Toolbox. Retrieved 7 Oct 2019.
- "CP in CORE". Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia. Retrieved 7 Oct 2019.
- "CP in Qualis" (PDF). Brazilian ministry of education. Retrieved 8 Oct 2019.
- "ACP Excellence in Research Award". Retrieved 4 Oct 2019.
- "ACP Distinguished Service Award". Retrieved 4 Oct 2019.
- "ACP Doctoral Research Award". Retrieved 4 Oct 2019.
- "ACP association reference". French government. Retrieved 7 Oct 2019.
This article "International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.