|Founders 👔||Brendan O'Shea|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
|UK and Northern Ireland|
Number of employees
Just Clear is a British on-demand house clearance and waste management company. The company was founded in, and is run from, it’s headquarters based in London.
Just Clear was founded in 2007 by Brendan O’Shea, a former commercial property banker from south west Kerry, Republic of Ireland. From starting with one truck in London, he expanded to a fleet of 18 vehicles all over the United Kingdom.
Just Clear have been noted  for using eco-friendly methods to recycle as much of the cleared material as possible. This includes the use of the world’s first leaded glass furnace that can recycle cathode ray tube (CRT) glass screens.
Just Clear also offer reusable items to charity shops and give bedding to the homeless. Other materials are taken to licensed waste transfer stations and recycling facilities or passed on to reuse organisations.
In 2016 it was reported that Just Clear had spared over 2,000 tonnes of property clearance waste from landfill in the previous 12 months
Just Clear won a BusinessGreen Leaders Award in 2016 for Circular Economy Project of the Year. This was awarded for achieving “zero waste to landfill” over 12 months.
Just Clear have also won the following:
- International Green Apple Awards 2017 - Environmental Best Practice
- BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2018 - Circular Economy Project of the Year - Highly Commended
Other awards Just Clear have been nominated for include:
- BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2017 - Circular Economy Project of the Year
- National Recycling Awards 2017 - Efficiency Initiative of the Year
- National Recycling Awards 2017 - Team of the Year
- National Recycling Awards 2018 - Independent Operator of the Year
- Kelly, Louise (7 April 2017). "'I was itching to do something different' - Irish man left commercial banking role to set up thriving recycling business". independent.ie. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Just Clear Wins National Environmental Award". Blue & Green Tomorrow. 18 July 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- Lonergan, Aidan (7 April 2017). "From cash to trash - Irishman ditches banking to set up eco-friendly recycling firm". The Irish Post. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "International Green Apple Awards for Environmental Best Practice 2017". The Green Organisation. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2018: And the winner is…". BusinessGreen. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2017 Shortlist". BusinessGreen. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "MRW National Recycling Awards 2017 Shortlist". Materials Recycling World. 8 April 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "MRW National Recycling Awards 2018 Shortlist". Materials Recycling World. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
This article "Just Clear" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Just Clear. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.