Type of site
(Online and offline also shopping)
|Traded as||AIM: KOOV|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Key people||Lord Waheed Alli (Executive Chairman)|
Mary Turner (CEO)
|Products||Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Beauty|
KOOVS.COM is an online store for western fashion, catering to menswear, womenswear, footwear, accessories, jewellery and beauty products. The company is headquartered in Gurgaon, with office in London, and serves to the Indian market. The website stocks Indian and international brands and its own range of clothing and accessories. The company has also collaborated with international designers.
Koovs India was set up as an independent e-commerce business in 2010, operating through the website kooovs.com. In 2011, the Nahata family acquired a controlling interest in the company and shifted its focus to the sale of mobile phones and electrical goods. Koov’s focus shifted to fashion in 2012 when the company started to supply Koovs India with consultancy services in fashion design for e-commerce.
In November 2013, Lord Waheed Alli, Baron Alli joined as a Chairman. In 2013 Robert Bready, former Retail Director of Asos.com and Roy Naismith, former CFO of French Connection joined the company.
In 2013, Koovs opened its first design office in London. The Indian wholesale retail arm became a subsidiary of Koovs Plc (based in London) via a listing in March 2014, on AIM, a sub market of the London Stock Exchange.
In May 2013, Koovs collaborated with Melissa Odabash, a UK-based swimwear designer to create a collection of swimwear and beach accessories.
In Jan 2014, Canadian-British designer Patrick Cox collaborated with Koovs to create a capsule collection of shoes and bags for men and women.
In November 2014, launch of a collection in collaboration with Indian-born British designer Mawi Keivom.
In April 2015, British designer Giles Deacon collaborated on a womenswear collection of eveningwear and cocktail looks consisting of ready-to-wear and accessories.
- Bloomberg. "Koovs PLC". Bloomberg.com.
- Koovs. "About Us". Koovs.com.
- VCCircle.com. "Koovs.com looking to raise over $US35 million by listing on AIM". VCCircle.com.
- Business Today. "How telecom industry scion Anant Nahata transformed Koovs - Business Today". Businesstoday.intoday.in.
- FT.com. "Ex-Asos boss to list Indian venture on Aim". FT.com.
- Bloomberg.com. "KOOVS PLC (KOOV:London): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek". Bloomberg.com.
- Londonstockexchange.com. "Koovs plc". Londonstockexchange.com.
- Business-standard.com. "Myntra, Jabong, Koovs in pursuit of designer wear". business-standard.com.
- dnaindia.com. "Henry Holland creates multi piece collection". dnaindia.com.
- vogue.in. "Henry Holland makes his India debut". vogue.in.
- elle.in. "Henry Holland collabrates with Koovs.com". elle.in.
- grazia.co.in. "Nikhil Chinapa Collabreates with KOOVS". grazia.co.in.
- festivalsherpa.com. "Go Underground With Nikhil Chinapa & KOOVS!". festivalsherpa.com.
- vogue.in. "Mawi Collabrates with KOOVS". vogue.in.
- grazia.co.in. "Giles Decons Collabrate with KOOVS". grazia.co.in.
This article "Koovs" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Koovs. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.