Screenshot of Kst
|Original author(s)||Barth Netterfield|
|Type||Graph plotting software|
Kst is a plotting and data viewing program. Kst is a KDE application and is freely available for anyone to download and use under the terms of the GPL. It is noted for being able to graph real-time data aquisition.
History[edit | edit source]
Kst was initially developed by Barth Netterfield, an astrophysicist as a personal project. By 2004 it had begun to be used in various universities and the European Space Agency and development was funded by the Canadian Space Agency.
Features[edit | edit source]
Plot types[edit | edit source]
kst is able to plot histograms and 3-D with color and contour mapping for 3-D images.
Real-time plotting capability[edit | edit source]
Applications[edit | edit source]
Real-time applications vary in size from simple graphing of a sensor from a microcontroller such as arduino that may be set up by a hobbyist to a simple sensor to plotting of real time date from the Atacama Cosmology Telescope.
Inputs[edit | edit source]
Kst is able to accept a number input formats with Dirfiles being particularly suitable for streaming applications and plug-in extension filters enabling other input stream types and file formats to be added.
Scripting language[edit | edit source]
Alternatives[edit | edit source]
Spin-off developments[edit | edit source]
Dirfile format[edit | edit source]
In the process of developing the kst application a spin-off was the emergence of the Dirfile file format standard for time-ordered binary data in an efficient manner.[lower-alpha 1] It was developed under the Getdata project into an independent standard with its own API.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Free and open-source software : Vertcoin, fs123, CoinM, vimb, Bitcoin Private, ChessFriend-Fire, PWCT (software)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The records in files are timestamped and ordered in time of occurence
References[edit | edit source]
- "Interview with Barth Netterfield about kst". TomChance.org. Archived from the original on 21 May 2004. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- Reilly, Rob (August 2010). "Linux Journal" (PDF). No. 196. pp. 62−67. Real-Time Plots with kst and a microcontroller. Archived (PDF) from the original on 28 April 2019.
- Årzén, Karl-Erik; Faure, Pascal; Fohler, Gerhard; Mattavelli, Marco; Neundorf, Alexander; Romero, Vanessa; Schorr, Stefan (2011-01-29). "D1f - Interface Specification" (PDF). pp. 41–42. Appendix B - The Kst Real-Time Plotting and Data Viewing Interface. Archived (PDF) from the original on 15 April 2019.
- "Kst - Benchmarks". Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "The Kst Handbook" (PDF). Kst-plot. p. 1. What is Kst?. Archived (PDF) from the original on 26 April 2019. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- Nowak, Adam; Walkowiak, Przemysław; Szwabe, Andrzej; Misiorek, Pawel. wnPUT Testbed Experimentation Framework. Lecture notes in Computer Science. 7129. pp. 377, 379, 381. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-25959-3_27.
- Systems and control software for the Atacama Cosmology Telescope (PDF). Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 79019. 1 August 2008. doi:10.1117/12.790006.
- "The Dirfile Standards". sourceforge.net. Archived from the original on 29 May 2018. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
|This KDE-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Kst (software)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kst (software). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.