|File:Larson O'Brien logo.png|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|No. of offices||2|
|Offices||Los Angeles, Washington, D.C.|
|Major practice areas||Boutique trial and appellate firm, specializing in complex litigation, internal investigations and white collar matters, arbitration, and state and federal appeals|
|Date founded||January 2016|
|Founder||Stephen G. Larson and Robert C. O'Brien|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Larson O'Brien LLP is a trial and appellate boutique law firm based in Los Angeles, California, which specializes in complex litigation, internal investigations and white collar matters, arbitration, and state and federal appeals. Stephen G. Larson, a former federal judge, and Robert C. O'Brien, a former Arent Fox LLP California Managing Partner, founded the firm in January 2016.
Stephen Larson and Robert O'Brien served together on the Public-Private Partnership for Justice Reform in Afghanistan's Executive Committee. Both were partners at Arent Fox in Los Angeles from 2011. In January 2016, Larson and O'Brien launched Larson O'Brien LLP with nine other lawyers from the Los Angeles office of Arent Fox. Hugh Hewitt, radio talk show host and lawyer, also joined the practice to provide legal and crisis-management advice to firm clients. In May 2017, Larson O'Brien announced it was opening an office in Washington, D.C. By June 2017, Larson O'Brien had grown from 11 attorneys to 21.
In April 2017, Larson O'Brien won nearly $1 million in sanctions and fees against the state of California for their client HVI Cat Canyon Inc. after the firm found that state officials had destroyed evidence relevant to the case in a scandal now being referred to as "Targate". Larson O'Brien has been retained by the states of Arizona and Oklahoma to represent their consumers in claims against Volkswagen in the Volkswagen emissions scandal.
- "Boutique Law Firm Launches; Larson O'Brien to Focus on High Stakes Trials and Appeals". Business Wire. January 19, 2016.
- "Firm History". Larson O'Brien LLP.
- "Eleven Lawyers Depart Arent Fox to Start Litigation Boutique". Bloomberg BNA. January 19, 2016.
- "Litigation Boutique Larson O'Brien LLP Announces Washington, DC Office". Business Wire. May 5, 2017.
- "Back to the Courtroom". Los Angeles Daily Journal. June 19, 2017.
- "Apple CEO: Complying with FBI a 'dangerous precedent'". CNN. February 22, 2016.
- "California Court Dismisses Arsenic Lawsuit Against Wineries". Wine Spectator. March 23, 2016.
- "State in million-dollar mess over 'Targate'". Santa Barbara News-Press. April 21, 2017.
- "California told to pay Santa Maria oil company $1M". Los Angeles Daily Journal. June 9, 2017.
This article "Larson O'Brien" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Larson O'Brien. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.