Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Marko Stojanović (actor)
|Edit this InfoBox|
Belgrade, SFRY (now Serbia)January 2, 1971
|Baptised||January 2, 1971|
Marko Stojanović (January 1, 1971, Belgrade) is a Serbian celebrity, theatre and TV actor and comedian, renown mime artist, and university professor, director, humanitarian and sports worker. He is the co-founder and the president of the World Mime Organisation.
He was an acting director of the Belgrade Youth Center from 2013 to 2015, and he is one of the founders together with Israeli mime artists Ofer Blum and president of the "World Mime Organisation" and the president of the "National Curling Association of Serbia". He was a Senior Lecturer for the subjects of Acting and the Stage Movement and Head of the Acting Department of the Academy of Fine Arts in Belgrade, and now he is an Associate Professor for the subject Stage Movement at the Acting Department of the Sinergija University in Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska, and a visiting lecturer of Communication Skills at Singidunum University in Belgrade, Serbia.
Marko was accepted at the age of 16 at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts, Acting Department, in 1987 and acquired a Bachelor of Arts degree in Acting in 1991. In 1989 he was selected to participate in a three week student exchange program in Leningrad State Institute of Theatre, Music and Cinema, Leningrad, USSR (now St. Petersburg, Russia). A year later (1990) he was part of a ten student delegation of the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in Belgrade that received a fellowship from the US Government for an eight weeks "Arts Management" study program at the University of South Carolina and a one week professional course in film directing at the South Carolina Media Arts Institute, in Columbia, South Carolina, United States. In 1991 he was accepted and offered a full one year scholarship at the Paris Marcel Marceau’s International School of Mime for a year long professional skills improvement. In 1992 - 1993, he was participating in a one year long professional course in film directing at "Mon Film a Moi", in Paris, France.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2017)
|2017||"Cricket and Ant"||Narrator||Corporate production for a Charity Show in Belgrade|
|2016||“Crazy Olympians”||Zeus||Georgian State Pantomime Theatre, Tbilisi, Georgia|
|2015-2017||“A Concert for Clown and Orchestra”||Clown||Kolarac Concert Hall, Belgrade|
|2014||“The Adventurer”||The Adventurer||Belgrade Youth Centre, Belgrade, Serbia|
|2008-2015||“Tito the Performance”||Tito||The Blue Train, Belgrade, Serbia|
|2005-2012||“A Pound of Laughter” Stand-Up comedy||Himself||Premier in New York, tours in Serbia, USA and Canada|
|2004-2006||“Inquiry Barn”||Politician (Lead Role)||Indexovci Theatre Co., tours in Serbia, Canada, USA, and Switzerland|
|2003-2007||“Elections! You asked for it!”||Different roles (Lead Role)||Indexovci Theatre Co. tours in Serbia, Canada, USA, Switzerland, Sweden|
|2003-2005||"Cricket and Ant"||Cricket||The Snail Children’s Theatre in Belgrade, tour in Canada|
|1995-2000||"The Grease"||Rodger||Theatre T, Pozorište na Terazijama, Belgrade|
|1999||"Santa Claus and the Ninja Eskimos"||Dark Santa||BUFFA Agency and Art Hall, Belgrade/Valjevo|
|1998||"Marko Strikes Back"||Marko||BUFFA Agency and Dusko Radovic Theatre, Belgrade|
|1996-1999||"Awaiting Heaven"||Paisant (Lead Role)||BUFFA Agency and Dusko Radovic Theatre, Belgrade
International Monodrama and Mime Festival, Zemun 1996
The First Yugoslav Theatre Show with a Website 1997
|1996-1997||"A Girl With Matches"||Boy of Matches||Dusko Radovic Children’s Theatre, Belgrade
International Children’s Theatre Festival Kotor 1996
Serbian Puppet Theatre Festival Zrenjanin 1996
FESTIC Belgrade Children’s Theatre Festival 1996
|1995||"Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll"||Rocker||Theatre Z and SKC, Belgrade|
|1995||"The Midge"||Narrator||Theatre Z, Belgrade
Edinburgh International Festival-Fringe 1995
|1995||"Bartholomew Fair"||Littlevit||Yugoslav Drama Theatre, Belgrade|
|1993||"Frieda’s Flight"||Damir||La Compagnie Quarks, Paris,
Festival d’Avignon Off, Avignon France
Europe Teater Treffen ‘93, International Festival Stuttgart, Germany
|1993||"Peleas and Melisanda"||Peleas’s brother||Fete de la Jeunesse, Paris Youth Festival 1993|
|1991-1993||"Bloody Sports"||Sportsman||International Monodrama and Mime Festival, Zemun 1991
Fete de la Jeunesse, Paris Youth Festival 1993
|1992||"The Way of The Empire"||Cerberus||Theatre de la Porte d’Italie, Toulon France|
|1991||"The Midge"||Ruzante||Academia Theatre, Belgrade|
|1990-1991||"The Pancevo Cabaret"||First Actor||Pancevo Theatre, Pancevo
Festival of Professional Theatres of Voyvodina, Zrenanin 1991
|1990-1991||"Fathers and Forefathers"||Young Communist||Atelier 212, Belgrade|
|1989||"A Midsummer Night's Dream"||Lysandre||Academia Theatre, Belgrade
Skopje Student Festival, Macedonian 1989
|1989||"The Balcony"||Judge||Academia Theatre, Belgrade,
Skopje Student Festival, Macedonia 1989
|1989-1990||"The Unseen Hand"||Kid||Belgrade Drama Theatre|
|1988-1990||"Apparition of Jesus Christ in a Military Base 2507||Tomcha"||Theatre “Kod konja”, Boško Buha Theatre|
|1988||"Marriage Proposal"||Lomov||Academia Theatre, Belgrade|
Filmography (Selected roles in film & TV)
|1990||Catharsis (short)||Boyfriend (Lead Role)|
|1991||Ars longa, vita brevis (short)||Student (Lead Role)|
|1993||Antoine Rives, juge du terrorisme (TV series)|
|1995||Burglar / original:"Provalnik" (TV movie)||Jovica|
|1996||Happy People / original:"Srećni ljudi" (TV series)||Rookie Policeman|
|1997||Saturday Night Fever / original:"Groznica subotnje večeri" (TV series)||Different Characters (Lead Role)|
|1997||Life 101 / original:"Mala škola života" (TV series)||Professor (Lead Role)|
|1997-1998||The Marriage Zone / original:"Zona braka" (TV series)||Husband (Lead Role)|
|2002||Seven-star Hotel / original:"Hotel sa 7 zvezdica" (TV series)||Bajkić|
|2003||The Professional / original:"Profesionalac"||Man with a head (Čovek sa glavom)|
|2004||Karađorđe i pozorište (TV series)||Frenchman (Francuz)|
|2003-2007||The Index Theatre: Elections! You Asked for It / original title:"Indexovci: Izbori, jer ste vi to tražili" (TV Theatre Comedy / Tv Series)||Different Characters (Lead Role)|
|2005||The Index Theatre: Inquiry Barn / original title:"Indeksovci: Anketni obor" (TV Theatre Comedy)||Politician (Lead Role)|
|2006-2007||The SiS Agency / original title:"Agencija za SiS" (TV series)||Slavko|
|2007-2008||The European Face (Pre-Eurovision Song Contest Show) / original title:"Evropsko lice" (TV show program)||Different Characters (Special Guest Star)|
|2007||Pub Next-doors to the SiS / original title:"Kafanica blizu SiS-a" (TV series)||Slavko|
|2011||Coriolanus (UK/US Film directed by: Ralph Feinnes)||Citizen|
|2014||The Tenor – Lirico Spinto (Korean Movie directed by: Sang Man Kim)||Dr.Franz|
|2015||MarkoS Crash Course: Serbian for Tourists (TV i web series)||Himslef|
|2015||CurlingFun (TV i web series)||Different characters (Lead Role)|
Membership in organisations
Marko Stojanović is member of several organisation, in the role of president, Member of the council, representative, or standard.member.
- International Visitor Leadership Program Alumni (US Department of State Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs)
- President of the World Mime Organization
- President of the National Curling Association of Serbia
- Member of the International Theatre Institute Forum for Theatre Training & Education FTTE
- Member of the International Dance Council (CID-UNESCO)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Crown Prince Alexander Foundation for Education
- National Representative to the World Curling Federation
- Former President of the Commission for Culture and Olympic Education of the National Olympic Committee of Serbia
- Former Member of the Council to the Mayor of Belgrade for People with Disabilities
- Former Non-voting member of the Presidium (Exec Board) of the National Olympic Committee of Serbia
- International coordinator of the Youth, Education and Culture Committee of the “Federation Internationale Cinema et Television Sportifs” (Federation recognized by the International Olympic Committee and based in Milan, Italy)
- Member of the Permanent Marketing and Communication Committee of the “Federation Internationale Cinema et Television Sportifs”
- Member of the Association of Dramatic Artists of Serbia
- President of the Balkan Curling Federation
- Member by invitation of the Public Relations Society of Serbia
- National Representative to the European Curling Federation
- Former Member of the National Committee for Smoking Prevention of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Serbia
- Former Member of the Managing Board of the “Always with Children” Charity (Anti Pediatric Cancer Organization)
- Former member of the charity organization “The Dream Board”
Marko Stojanović received over 30 domestic and international awards and recognitions, including:
- 2015 “Ambassador of Serbia” for congress tourism by the National Congress Bureau of Serbia of the Tourist Organization of Serbia for outstanding organization of the 4th World Curling Congress in Belgrade, Serbia
- 2015 "The Biomelem Company Award" for the support of the development of women's entrepreneurship through project “Serbian Soul Inclusive” and the support to the education of young people through the "School of Entrepreneurship"
- 2014 "Award of the “My Hero” Association for the Contribution” of the informing of young people, promoting virtue and true values
- 2014 “Plaquette for the Outstanding Contribution to the Improvement of the Social Status and the Quality of Life of the Roma Population in the Republic of Serbia” by the Roma National Minority Council of Serbia on the occasion of the UN World Roma Day
- 2013 "Special Award for Creative Contribution to the Development of the Culture of Communication" by the Association for Marketing Communications of Serbia
- 2013 “Best Youth Theatre Play Award” by International Festival of children's and youth theater plays (DOPS), Jagodina
- 2013 “Special Award” for the Contribution to the Development and Promotion of the Art of Mime in Serbia awarded by the Festival Council of the International Monodrama and Mime Festival in Zemun
- 2010 ”The Star of Belgrade” awarded by the Agency for European Integrations and Cooperation with the NGO of the City of Belgrade to Marko Stojanovic as and aouthor of the “Music of Silence” project dealing with the social inclusion of deaf children through the art of mime
- 2010 ”Dragoslav Simic Diploma” at the 10th Festival of short stage plays for directing “The Tree of Life” a mime play with young deaf mime artists
- 2009 Special “Culture Through Sport” Award for organizing the First Belgrade International FICTS Sports Film Festival. Awarded by the Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs
- 2008 The International Olympic Committee “Sport and Youth” Trophy 2008 for promotion and development of sports and Olympic educational youth programmes. The IOC Trophy is given to the National Olympic Committees to be awarded to an individual or an institution of the NOC’s choice.
- 2008 The Crystal Medal and Diploma “Guirland d’Honnour” for promoting of films about sport and people with disabilities and FICTS festival during the National celebration of the World Disability Day. Awarded by the Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs
- 2007 Special Prize and Diploma “Guirland d’Honnour” for directing a short film “Olympic Room” at the 25th International Sport Movies and TV Festival in Milan, Italy
- 2007 Award for the Contribution to the Development of Sports of the City of Petrovac na Mlavi
- 2004 Popularity Oscar for the comedy of the Year 2003
- 2004 Melko Award for the best comedy in 2003
- 1998 Two times winner of the Pink Grand Prix of The Radio Belgrade 202 for charity work
- 1996 Yugoslav Best Actor Award for "Girl With Matches", at the Yugoslav Children’s Theatre Festival, Kotor, Yugoslavia.
- 1996 National Best Actor Award for “Girl With Matches", at the Serbian Puppet Theatre Festival, Zrenjanin, Yugoslavia.
- 1996 Award for Achievements in Mime for “Girl With Matches", FESTIC Belgrade Children’s Theatre Festival, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- 1996 Bozidar Valtrovic Annual Award for “Girl With Matches", “Dusko Radovic” Theatre, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- 1991 Special Prize for “Bloody Sports” on the 19th International Monodrama and Pantomime Festival in Zemun, Yugoslavia.
- 1991 Special Diploma for leading role in “Cabaret” on the 41st Festival of Professional Theatres in Zrenjanin, Yugoslavia
- 1991 Best Play Award for “Barrister Pathelin”, on BAP Festival in Belgrade.
- 1991 The Jankovic Sisters Award for Young Talents in Comedy, University of Arts, Faculty of Dramatic Arts Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- 1990 The Jankovic Sisters Award for Young Talents in Comedy, University of Arts, Faculty of Dramatic Arts Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Theatre : Elizabeth Taylor, Vitas Varnas
Others articles of the Topics Theatre AND Film : Laura Benson
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Film : Ahmad Kadry, Glen Meadows, Velied, Jodie Foster, Mr. Rajkumar (actor), Brandon Richardson, 5th AVN Awards
Others articles of the Topic Biography : People, Ari Mannis, Stephen C. Ananian, Lydia Canaan, Mr. Rajkumar (actor), Hoffman L. Fuller, Jhonata Diniz
Others articles of the Topic Theatre : Vitas Varnas, Laura Benson, Elizabeth Taylor, Serafim Kalliadasis, Shadowplay (play), Botho von Hülsen
Others articles of the Topic Film : Olga Pohankova, Lana Austin, Draft:Untitled Star Wars/Kevin Feige Project, Alaska Leigh, Ijaaz Ebrahim, Akshay Kumar, Tracy Stratford
- World Mime Organisation
- World Mime Day
- National Curling Association of Serbia
- "Bosifest - Internacionalni Filmski Festival Osoba Sa Invaliditetom". www.osifest.rs.
- "INTERNATIONELLT MIM-PRIS TILL STANISLAV BROSOWSKI". Stockholm University of the Arts. Stockholm University of the Arts. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- „Глумац Марко Стојановић иницирао Светски дан пантомиме“, Блиц, Београд, 21. март 2012.
- "O nama". Nacionalni savez za karling Srbije. National Curling Association of Serbia. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Marko Stojanovic Acting Biography" (PDF). World Mime Organisation. World Mime Organisation.
- "International Theatre Institute ITI". www.iti-worldwide.org.
- "CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER II FOUNDATION FOR EDUCATION". www.pafond.rs.
- "Who is Marko Stojanović". Javni nastup. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
This article "Marko Stojanović (actor)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.