Michael Rothschild (author)
Michael L. Rothschild (born August 6, 1952, Schenectady, New York) is the CEO and founder of the company Profit Velocity Solutions in San Francisco, CA. He is author of the book, Bionomics: Economy as Ecosystem.
Education and career
Rothschild earned his law and MBA degrees simultaneously from Harvard, and soon after began his business career with The Boston Consulting Group.
Profit Velocity Solutions, LLC was originally Maxager Technology Inc. which was based in San Rafael, California. It provides planning tools including profit and business analysis to manufacturers. The company offers services to manufacturers of metals, plastics, industrial parts and other asset-intensive manufacturers.
Rothschild is the author of an article in the November 2006 issue of Strategic Finance magazine, where he wrote about how there is a failure of large asset-intensive companies to accurately measure return on assets (ROA). He described how companies that have "managed to integrate velocity and margin metrics at the transactional level allow their managers to model the ROA implications of their choices—before they make them." He argued that they can then make the adjustments in product mix, customer mix, asset mix, and pricing levels that lead to an increase in profits.
- 1952-, Rothschild, Michael (1990). Bionomics : the inevitability of capitalism (1st ed.). New York: Henry Holt and Co. ISBN 0805010688. OCLC 21558212. Search this book on
- "Michael Rothschild: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Maxager Technology Inc.San Rafael, Calif". IndustryWeek. 2004-12-21. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Profit Velocity Solutions, LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- 24/7, Supply Chain. "Profit Velocity Solutions - Supply Chain 24/7 Company". www.supplychain247.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Your Operations Are Efficient. But Are They Effective?". Manufacturing Business Technology. 2013-10-15. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- Rothschild, Michael (November 2006). "Shareholders Pay for ROA" (PDF). Strategic Finance Magazine. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
This article "Michael Rothschild (author)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Michael Rothschild (author). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.