|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|No. of offices||7|
|Major practice areas||Infrastructure, Litigation, Environment, Healthcare, Real Estate, Public Policy and Corporate Law|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Nossaman LLP is a law firm with attorneys and policy advisors located in seven offices throughout the United States. The firm focuses on distinct areas of law and policy, as well as in specific industries, ranging from transportation, healthcare, and energy to real estate development, water, and government. Clients of the firm include multinational corporations, public agencies, private businesses, trade associations, nonprofits, and individuals. E. George Joseph serves as Nossaman's managing partner.
The firm was founded in 1942 in Los Angeles by Walter L. Nossaman. As a result of several mergers and acquisitions, the firm's name has morphed throughout the years. In 2008, Nossaman merged with the Washington, D.C. law firm O'Connor & Hannan and shortened its name from Nossaman Guthner Knox & Elliott.
Chambers and Partners continually recognizes Nossaman's Eminent Domain, Environment & Land Use, Healthcare, and Infrastructure Practice Groups in its guide to top law firms in the U.S. Nossaman has also been named to Law360's list of the "100 Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys" five times and ranked in the top quarter of law firms on the National Law Journal’s “500 Women’s Scorecard” in 2019 and 2020. Nossaman has also been recognized for the past two years as one of the “Best Midsize Law Firms For Diversity”  and was named as one of the "Best Midsize Law Firms For Pro Bono" in 2020 by Vault. Vault also included Nossaman on their "Top 150 Under 150," a list which recognizes outstanding small and midsize law firms "that deliver big results."
Nossaman’s Litigation Department was recognized by BTI Consulting as one of the "Most Feared Litigation Firms” in its 2019 Litigation Outlook report. According to BTI, Nossaman was one of 37 law firms that general counsel view as highly competent litigators, and that they least wish to see on the other side of the table. Law360 named Nossaman's Infrastructure Practice Group a "Transportation Practice Group of the Year" five times and a "Project Finance Practice Group of the Year" three times. Nossaman's Environment and Land Use Practice Group has also been recognized twice by Law360 as an “Environmental Practice Group of the Year.”
Nossaman is a member of The Bridge Group, a non-exclusive network of law firms in the United States and Europe that offers expanded geographic reach and depth of experience to clients, including the resources and expertise of more than 1,500 legal professionals in numerous cities around the world. Nossaman is also a member of CONSULEGIS, an international network of high quality mid-sized and boutique law firms, as well as other advisory firms.
Key practice areas and industries
- Eminent Domain & Valuation
- Energy & Utilities
- Environment & Land Use
- Government Relations & Regulation
- Insurance Recovery & Counseling
- Intellectual Property
- Public Pensions & Investments
- Real Estate
Dick Ackerman is former California Senate Republican leader. He left office in mid-2008 after reaching his term limit.
Charles Calderon is a former Majority Leader of the California State Assembly (2010-2012) as well as the California State Senate (1996-1998).
Christopher P. Carney was the U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania's 10th congressional district from 2007 to 2011.
George J. Hochbrueckner is a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
John T. Knox was a former California state assemblymember and speaker pro tempore. He authored the Knox-Keene Health Care Service Plan Act of 1975. A segment of the California I-580 is named the John T. Knox Freeway.
Jose J. Solorio is a former California State Assemblyman and Santa Ana City Councilmember. While in the Legislature, he chaired the Assembly's Insurance and Public Safety committees, and also served on the Transportation, Appropriations and Education committees. In addition, he chaired the Assembly's Select Committee on Addressing the State's Water Crisis through Regional Approaches.
James Symington is a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives. In March 2008 he received Russia's Order of Friendship, the highest award available to a non-citizen.
Ann Veneman is the former executive director of UNICEF and former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
Laughlin E. Waters was a deputy attorney general of the State of California (1946-47), a former California state assemblymember (1947-53), served as U.S. attorney for the Central District (1953-61), and served as a judge of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (1976-2002).
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Orange County
- Washington, DC
- Nossaman Names OCBA Member E. George Joseph Managing Partner
- National Law Journal article on Nossaman merger and name change
- "Chambers Recognizes Nossaman's Eminent Domain & Valuation, Environment & Land Use, Healthcare and Infrastructure Groups". www.nossaman.com.
- Bell, Jacqueline (August 30, 2020). "The Best Firms For Minority Attorneys - Law360". www.law360.com. Unknown parameter
- "Nossaman Ranked in Top 25 on NLJ 500 Women in Law Scorecard". www.nossaman.com. Unknown parameter
- "Best Midsize Law Firms for Diversity". Vault. Unknown parameter
- "Best Midsize Law Firms for Pro Bono". Vault. Unknown parameter
- "Top 150 Law Firms to Work For | Small-Mid Size | Vault.com". www.vault.com. Unknown parameter
- "37 Law Firms Most Feared in Litigation". BTI Consulting Group. Retrieved May 24, 2019.
- "Transportation Group Of The Year: Nossaman - Law360". www.law360.com. Unknown parameter
- "Project Finance Group Of The Year: Nossaman - Law360". www.law360.com. Unknown parameter
- "Environmental Group Of The Year: Nossaman - Law360". www.law360.com. Unknown parameter
- "The Bridge Group | Network of Law Firms - The Bridge Group". www.thebridge-group.com. Unknown parameter
- "Nossaman LLP - The Bridge Group". www.thebridge-group.com. Unknown parameter
- "A Leading Global Network | CONSULEGIS". consulegis.com. Unknown parameter
- "Nossaman LLP". consulegis.com. Unknown parameter
- William T. Bagley
- U.S. 101/Redwood Highway South
- Charles M. Calderon
- Biography for Richard Riordan
- The Riordan Programs
- The White House, Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman Profile
This article "Nossaman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nossaman. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.