|File:Notarize company logo.png|
|Founders 👔||Pat Kinsel, Adam Pase|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Boston, Massachusetts|
Area served 🗺️
|Pat Kinsel, CEO|
|Products 📟||Online notarization services, E-signatures|
Number of employees
The company was founded in 2015.
In February 2016, the company launched its smartphone app on iTunes, integrating live video with computer imaging technology and a software-based forensic analysis for user identification.
By June 2017, the company had reportedly done 10,000 notarizations worldwide. In July, the company completed the United State's first online mortgage closing, with United Wholesale Mortgage and Freddie Mac.
In October, the company partnered with online startup Trust & Will to create fully digital online wills and trust documents in Nevada and Indiana.
By March 2020, the company reported that it was expecting to notarize $100 Billion in transactions, up from $10 Billion in 2019.
In October, Notarize signed a deal with document management company Adobe to integrate Notarize’s remote online notarization (RON) capability into the Adobe Sign e-signature platform. In November, Notarize's online notary video service was used by Pennsylvania postal worker Richard Hopkins for a sworn affidavit alleging voter fraud, a claim that was later recanted.
Notarize offers notary services thorough an app and web site that sets up a secure video chat with a licensed notary public. The app includes computer imaging technology and a software-based forensic analysis to authenticate the user's identity. Customers upload the document they need notarized, allowing the customer and notary to see the document being notarized. Notarize's platform requires requires consumers to pass an identity verification process in compliance with the notary’s state law.
Notarize is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- "Mortgage Closings Just Took a Big Step Into the Digital Age". The Wall Street Journal. 2017-08-09. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "This N.Va. start-up wants bring public notaries into the mobile economy". The Washington Post. 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Notarize Wants To Turn Your iPhone Into A Notary". Fortune. 2016-06-13. Retrieved 2020-10-02.(subscription required)
- "Need a Document Notarized? There's an App for That". Entrepreneur. 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- "Notaries Are Starting To Put Down The Stamp And Pick Up A Webcam". NPR. 2017-06-12. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "A Will Without Ink and Paper". NY Times. 2018-10-19. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
- "Coronavirus Forcing Home Buyers to Scramble to Close Deals". Wall Street Journal. 2020-03-21. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
- "Notarize inks major deal with tech giant Adobe". Finledger. 2020-10-15. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
- "Video shows 'USPS whistleblower' was not alone when swearing to affidavit alleging mail-in ballot fraud". Business Insider. 2020-11-15. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- "The Startup That Could Save You From One Very Boring and Time-Consuming Task". Inc. 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2020-10-07.
This article "Notarize (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Notarize (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.