|Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs|
Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs in Harvard Square
|Current owner(s)||Adam DiCenso|
|Food type||Sicilian pizza|
|Street address||74 Winthrop Street|
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs, known locally as Noch's, is a famous Sicilian pizzeria in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is among the older establishments still in existence in Harvard Square and a popular restaurant among Harvard students.
Pinocchio's was founded in 1966 and moved to its current location on Winthrop Street in 1983. The walls of the restaurant include pictures of famous or frequent diners, including Mark Zuckerberg and members of the 1989 National Champion Harvard men's hockey team.
Starting in the 1970s and continuing through the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s, Harvard Square experienced significant gentrification. Although a number of other long-standing and iconic restaurants, including Tommy's Lunch, Joe's Pizza, and The Tasty closed during that time, Pinocchio's remains in business as a popular lunch, dinner, and late-night option near the Harvard College campus.
As a function of its status as a popular eatery for Harvard students, it is frequently mentioned in media, television, and film and is a regular stomping ground for celebrities visiting Harvard Square.
- List of Italian restaurants
- "Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs". Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Denison, D.C. (February 20, 2012). "In Cambridge, the ghosts of Facebook still roam". The Boston Globe. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- The Crimson News Staff (August 19, 2017). "Welcome to Harvard: Cheap Eats, Pizza and the Kong". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Eat At 'Noch's Every Day!". The Harvard Crimson. October 30, 2003. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Monfre, Ali M. (April 10, 2014). "The Enigma of Pinocchio's Photos". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Back at Harvard where it all began". Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Brown, Nell Porter (2011). "25 Years in Harvard Square". Harvard Magazine. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Inskeep, Steve (October 24, 2007). "Harvard Square's New Businesses Annoy Neighbors". NPR. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Hsu, Geoffrey C. (November 30, 1992). "TOMMY'S LUNCH, A HARVARD INSTITUTION, CLOSES ITS DOORS". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "A Glutton's Guide to the Square". The Harvard Crimson. July 1, 1974. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Botros, Joseph R. (July 6, 2012). "Late Night Food Fight: Noch's". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Boston.com Staff (September 5, 2012). "50 Late-Night Food Options in the Boston Area". The Boston Globe. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Carpenter, Nicole (October 24, 2016). "The Best Pizza Spots in Cambridge, Ranked". Thrillist. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Cain, Jacqueline (May 24, 2017). "Mark Zuckerberg Loves Pinocchio's, Like Any Former Harvard Square Dweller Would". Boston Magazine. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Gordon, Dennie (July 14, 2011). "Dirty Little Secrets". Suits. USA Network.
- Andrew Zucker (February 11, 2018). "Pinocchio's, Streaming Services, and Friends from College: An Interview with Francesca Delbanco" (Podcast). WHRB. Event occurs at 3:00. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Aibel, Dan S. (March 4, 1997). "The Harvard Pizza Wars?". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Whitmer, Michael (September 22, 2011). "Smart choice was made". The Boston Globe. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Carell, Steve (July 24, 2014). Twitter https://web.archive.org/web/20141016070333/https://twitter.com/SteveCarell. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
Pinocchio's Pizza in Cambridge hasn't changed since I was a kid. Still fantastic.Missing or empty
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Pinocchio's Pizza" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pinocchio's Pizza. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.