|Founder 👔||Daniel Rotman|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
By detecting abnormal levels of acidity, alkalinity or the presence of blood in a cat’s urine, PrettyLitter’s crystals change to specific colors acting as an early detection, health indicating tool to alert cat owners of a potential medical issue.
In addition to health monitoring, PrettyLitter’s non-clumping formula is up to 80% lighter than traditional clumping clay cat litter on a month to month comparison. PrettyLitter has advanced odor control, is scoopable, low dust, feline-safe, and cleaner to use than many other traditional clumping litters.
PrettyLitter was invented in 2015 by an American pet wellness company founded by Daniel Rotman which also goes by the same name. After the passing away of his cat, Daniel developed the idea of an early-detection, health-monitoring litter than can alert cat owners of a potential medical issue before it becomes a serious problem. The PrettyLitter technology was developed with a team of Veterinarians and pet wellness scientists.
In April 2015, the PrettyLitter company participated in DraperU, a Silicon Valley startup program that guides early-stage companies through the process of researching and building their products or services. PrettyLitter was one of the winners and earned an early pre-seed investment from Draper Associates. While attending DraperU, PrettyLitter participated in the TV reality competition Startup_U that aired weekly in August 2015 on ABC Family. With the pre-seed investment and participation on the show, PrettyLitter launched a pre-order campaign in late 2015 for the first PrettyLitter orders that began shipping to customers in December 2015.
In December 2016, PrettyLitter closed a venture capital round with high-profile investors including Brian Lee, Sam Yagan, Tim Draper, Chris Abele, Corazon Capital, BAM Ventures, Sand Hill Angels, and CSA Partners.
PrettyLitter offers a direct-to-consumer subscription service that delivers a one-month supply of litter to a customer’s home on a monthly basis.
PrettyLitter is a direct-to-consumer subscription service that delivers a one month supply of litter to a customer’s home on a monthly basis. Customers receive bags based on the number of cats they have.
PrettyLitter is a non-clumping crystal litter. Crystals absorb the urine, trap the order and dissipate the moisture. The feces should be removed daily and the rest of the litter should be mixed to allow all the crystals to absorb the moisture. One bag lasts one month for one cat in a medium sized litter box as long as the box gets at least 2 inches of depth.
Pretty Litter detects three markers in the urine and will change color due to their presence
- Red blood cells
- Overly Alkaline urine
- Overly Acidic urine
Red blood cells is an important indicator because they should never be present in healthy urine. pH levels can vary between healthy cats, but in certain situations, pH abnormalities can indicate metabolic problems in cats.
Awards and recognitions
- 2017 - Credit Donkey Best Subscription Box
- 2017 - CB Insights 70 Top Pet Companies targeting the pet industry
- 2017 - Top startups to save people money
- Julia, Carrie Wong (27 May 2015). "Scoop!: Hi-Tech Kitty Litter Does It All". sfweekly.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- WHITNEY C., HARRIS (13 June 2016). "Pretty Litter Will Monitor Your Cat's Health". luckypuppymag.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Modern, Pets (25 September 2015). "On the Prowl with Pretty Litter™, the New Diagnostic Kitty Litter". moderncat.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Beth, Wischnia (26 September 2015). "This Innovative Kitty Litter Could Literally Save Your Cat's Life". brit.co. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Monique, Balas (28 October 2015). "Health-monitoring cat litter can help detect common feline illnesses". oregonlive.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Pretty Litter Can Detect Health Issues Early". consciouscat.net. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Pretty Litter Startup Hires Veterinarian-in-Chief". petproductnews.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Why Tim Draper's startup reality show is the first one I've actually liked (No really)". pando.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- KIM LACHANCE, SHANDROW (14 July 2015). "Meet the Scrappy Young Entrepreneurs of ABC Family's Upcoming 'Startup U' Show". entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "ABC Family Sets Cast for Tech-Themed Reality Series 'Startup U'". variety.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Jeff, Buchanan (24 October 2016). "Gener8tor Unveils New Class of Startups, Hits Fundraising Milestone". xconomy.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Ben, Stanley (1 November 2016). "Six startups in generator's Milwaukee 2016 class to make pitches to investors". biztimes.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "PrettyLitter - Overview". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Anne, Kopas (4 July 2016). "15 American Pet Startups You Need To Know About in 2016". techflier.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- PARIS, PERMENTER (22 January 2016). "Detecting Potential Health Problems with Pretty Litter". cattipper.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "HAVE YOU MET PRETTY LITTER?". thecatniptimes.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Modi, Ramoson (19 October 2015). "This New Cat Litter Is Changing Lives For Owners And Their Cats!". iheartcats.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Best Subscription Box Deals You're Missing Out On". creditdonkey.com. 18 June 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Unleashed: 70+ Companies Targeting The Pet Industry". cbinsights.com. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Jayme, Hoffman. "Billion Dollar Startups Save People Money". medium.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
This article "PrettyLitter" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.