Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Founder||Ashutosh Upadhyay and Anurag Upadhyay|
|Country of origin||India|
Search Purplehed on Amazon.
Purplehed is an independent label which was Established in 2014, based in Mumbai. It is a collaboration between two brothers, singer/songwriter, Ashutosh Upadhyay, who goes by the stage name Purplehed and contemporary dancer, Anurag Upadhyay. Purplehed's second single, Burn Like the Sun, is a tribute to the late A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India.
Founding and History
Purplehed was conceived on May 14, 2014 by two brothers, Ashutosh Upadhyay, an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and Anurag Upadhyay, an alumnus of National Institute of Technology, Warangal. Ashutosh, known by the stage name Purplehed, started in music by giving live performances. Anurag, after his engineering graduation, worked at a multinational company in Bangalore. He then proceeded to pursue dance education on full-time basis in 2010. Ashutosh entered music production by creating background scores for Anurag’s contemporary dance musicals. Ashutosh continued to work as a free lance tech consultant and led music productions for Purplehed.
|July 24, 2015||Feel the passion||independent|
|January 24, 2016||Burn Like the Sun||independent|
|October 30, 2016||Deeper Than the Seas||independent|
|May 14, 2017||Deeper Than the Seas(House Remix)||independent|
|June 9, 2017||Little Black Holes||independent|
Feel the passion
Purplehed’s debut music video Feel the passion was directed by Biswanath Rath. Music Video interweaves stories of diverse characters who are in the quest of realizing their hopes and ambitions. Purplehed is the Singer and songwriter of Feel the passion, who plays a Lead Character in the music video along with Shilpa Singh. The act was choreographed by Anurag and Krupa Shah.
Burn Like the Sun
Purplehed’s second music video Burn Like the Sun was inspired by the teachings of late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and his vision for India. Purplehed, the Singer and songwriter of Burn Like the Sun, plays a protagonist in the video. The lyrics of Burn Like the Sun incorporates words from Dr. Kalam's quotes — "Dreams transcend" or "Dream, Dream, Dream," or even when Dr Kalam quoted Hitler saying "If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like the sun".
The song also interweaves a Sanskrit Śloka from the Bhagwad Gita – chapter 2 verse 47.
- Independent music
Notes and references
- Garg, Prachi (10 January 2018). "A Story of Hearts and Beats Purplehed by Ashutosh and Anurag". SuperSiblings. Sristhi Publishers & Distributors. p. 130–138. ISBN 978-93-87022-10-2. ASIN 9387022102. Search this book on
- "Sun Kissed". Society. Magna Publication. 19 April 2016. p. 22. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 March 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Rajendra, Ranjani (28 March 2016). "Encapsulating Kalam". The Hindu. Chennai. (Spectrum - page 06). Archived from the original on 28 March 2016.
- Prakashan, Priya (9 March 2016). "Tribute to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam! Purplehed honours late President with this musical video". India.com.
- "Performance Edit from Purplehed – Burn Like the Sun this Olympic season". GNG Magazine. 7 September 2016.
- Khatau, Parth (24 February 2016). "City based band releases inspirational music video, tribute to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam" (PDF). Afternoon DC. Mumbai. p. 08.
- "A music video inspired by teachings of Kalam". The Asian Age (image). Mumbai. 24 January 2016. p. 02. Archived from the original on 30 March 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- D'souza, Dipti Nagpaul (17 September 2012). "Shall We Dance?". Eye. The Indian Express. pp. front cover, 8–10. Archived from the original on 16 May 2018.
- Khawas, Deba Jyoti (9 August 2015). "Alumni Speak #11 - Anurag Upadhyay". NIT Warangal 101.
- Jamm, Rick (11 December 2015). "Interview: Feel the Passion of Purplehed". Jamsphere Magazine.
- "Feel the passion (2015) by Purplehed". The Internet Music Video Database.
- McQuiston, James (7 June 2016). "Purplehed – Burn Like the Sun". Neufutur Magazine.
- "Purplehed Deeper Than the Seas: A Powerful Wave of Inspiration". Glitter & stilettos. 20 April 2017.
- "Little Black Holes". MTV Italia.
- McQuiston, James (17 June 2016). "Purplehed – Feel The Passion". Neufutur Magazine.
- News World Special with filmaker Biswanath Rath (Television news channel) (in Odia). Bhubaneswar: News World Odisha. 28 January 2016. at 2 mins 51 secs.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "ବିଶ୍ୱସ୍ତରରେ ଲୋକପ୍ରିୟ ହେଉଛି ମ୍ୟୁଜିକ ଭିଡିଓ" [Music video gets global fame]. Dharitri (in Odia). Bhubaneswar. 10 November 2015. p. 10.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Purplehed First Music Video -"Feel The Passion"". Music Industry News Network. 2 August 2015.
- GOYAL, PARDEEP (30 July 2015). "A brother duo rallies a team of IIT and NIT alumni, comes up with an upbeat, inspirational music video". YourStory.
- "Burn Like the Sun (2016) by Purplehed". The Internet Music Video Database.
- "Young siblings create a modern art music video, a tribute to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam". The Hans India. Hyderabad. 27 February 2016. (National).
- "#PurplehedHonorsKalam - Twitter trending topics". Trendinalia India. 27 July 2016. #22, Trended for 10 hrs 40 minutes.
- Rao, Gayatri (22 March 2016). "A Tribute to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam". A Journalist Reveals. (Art).
- Rajendra, Ranjani (26 March 2016). "Encapsulating Kalam". The Hindu. Chennai. (Metroplus).
- "પર્પલહેડ દ્વારા "બર્ન લાઈક ધ સન" ની રજૂઅાત ઍ ર્ડા. એપીજે અબ્દુલ કલામને સાચી શ્રદ્ઘાંજલિ" [Presentation of "Burn Like the Sun" by Purplehed a true tribute to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam] (PDF). Yugvandna Weekly (in Gujarati). Mumbai. 17 February 2016.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Sanganee, Hemant (22 January 2016). "Purplehed releases Burn Like the Sun, a tribute to Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam". Dumkhum.
- "Purplehed launches music video as a tribute Kalam". United News of India. Hyderabad. 9 February 2016. Entertainment (Music and Dance).
- Jamm, Rick (27 March 2016). "Purplehed: 'Burn Like the Sun' has an infectious sound and spark to the music!". Jamsphere Magazine.
Category:Independent record labels Category:Indian independent record labels
This article "Purplehed" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Purplehed. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.