Ralph Sepe Jr.
Ralph Sepe Jr.
|Occupation||Critic, filmmaker, actor|
|Updated October 1, 2022|
Ralph Sepe Jr. (born:June 4, 1997), better known online as ralphthemoviemaker, is an American YouTuber, movie reviewer, and filmmaker. His reviewing style is similar to that of Red Letter Media's. Since Ralph was about 5 years old, he has been making short films, and his recent works have gained attraction. He has often directed and starred in many of his own films including King Candy (2015) and Lover (2018). His work was featured in Queens World Film Festival where he won the Emerging Filmmaker Award in 2015.
Ralph was born in Queens, New York in 1997. At the age of 16, he directed The High which was a success for Ralph, and he won the Emerging Film Maker award at the Queens Film Festival for his efforts.
2015 soon became a rather big year for Ralph as he became rather popular at film festivals and was growing a large, decently sized fanbase on YouTube. That same year he created his next film, King Candy, which was based around a true story. In April, he created a KickStarter page for his next film Lover and had asked for $10,000 in donations. Ralph reached his goal and received $10,141 for his film. Lover was released in December of 2018.
In May 2019, Ralph graduated from Emerson College, one of the top most prestigious film colleges in the United States, with a Bachelors Degree of Arts.
Although he had started "making films at the age of 5", his debut short film was called "The Outsiders", made when he was 12. He then created his YouTube channel on July 14, 2008. On June 28, 2014, Sepe released The High onto his channel, which eventually premiered at the 2015 Queens World Film Festival, earning him the "Emerging Filmmaker" award. His next short film, King Candy, debuted on YouTube in 27 March 2015, also being selected by the 2016 Queens World Film Festival, premiering at The Secret Theatre on March 17, 2016.
From April 28 to June 14, Sepe raised $10,141 from 82 backers from a Kickstarter project to fund Lover, his debut feature film about a couple's relationship that deteriorates over a year. On October, he revealed that the film was transitioning towards production and also that Elías Ortega, the composer for the film, was hired. The trailer for the film was released on August 1, 2016, with release slated for 2017. On September 4 2017, the official Lover Twitter account tweeted out that the movie was done.
Ralph Sepe Jr.'s YouTube channel ralphthemoviemaker revolves around him reviewing films and TV shows, as well as serving as a platform to release his short films. His most popular video is a review of the TV show Mystery Diners hosted by Charles Stiles which currently has over 2 million views. He currently has over 650,000 subscribers on YouTube.
|Year||Title||Role||Release date||Length||Views||IMDb rating||Notes|
|2013||Paper Bag||Teenage Boy||n/a||15 minutes||n/a||6.2/10||Unavailable to public|
|2014||The High||Adam||28 June 2014||37 minutes||120K||7/10||Jury Award for Best Emerging Filmmaker|
|2015||King Candy||Glenn Leighty||27 March 2015||46 minutes||413k||7.3/10|
|Hereafter||n/a||30 May 2015||8 minutes||25K||6/10|
|2017||Brother's Paradise||James||28 April 2017||6 minutes||100K||5.4/10|
|Sauce||Stromboli Rigatoni||1 October 2017||4 minutes||264K||7.6/10|
|2018||Lover||Howard||29 April 2018||n/a||n/a||n/a||Feature Length Film|
- ↑ EBERT, MICHAEL (5 June 2015). "Way to Go: Ralph Sepe, Franklin Square" (in Italian). Newsday. Retrieved 25 February 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- ↑ "Lover (A Film by Ralph Sepe Jr.)". Kickstarter. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- ↑ "ralphthemoviemaker - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- ↑ R. Ebert, Michael (June 5, 2015). "Way to Go: Ralph Sepe, Franklin Square". Newsday. (Registration required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- ↑ "KING CANDY by Ralph Sepe". Queens World Film Festival. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- ↑ Lover (Film) [@LOVEROfficialpg] (28 December 2016). "@sheldon_andre Yes" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ↑ Sepe Jr., Ralph (27 October 2015). "MONTHLY UPDATE: October". Kickstarter. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- ↑ "LOVER Official Trailer (A Film by Ralph Sepe Jr.)". YouTube. 2 August 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- ↑ (Film), Lover (4 September 2017). "The movie is done. It only took 3 years". @LOVEROfficialpg. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- ↑ "ralphthemoviemaker". YouTube. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- ↑ "THE HIGH (Award Winning Film by Ralph Sepe Jr.)". YouTube. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
This article "Ralph Sepe Jr." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ralph Sepe Jr.. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.