Ralph Sepe Jr.
Ralph Sepe Jr.
|Occupation||Critic, filmmaker, actor|
|Updated February 6, 2018|
Ralph Sepe Jr. (known online through his pseudonym ralphthemoviemaker) is an American film student, actor and Internet personality. He is known for his online reviews of films, satirical content and his short films such as The High and King Candy.
Although he had started "making films at the age of 5", his debut short film was called "The Outsiders", made when he was 12. He then created his YouTube channel on July 14, 2008. On June 28, 2014, Sepe released The High onto his channel, which eventually premiered at the 2015 Queens World Film Festival, earning him the "Emerging Filmmaker" award. His next short film, King Candy, debuted on YouTube in 27 March 2015, also being selected by the 2016 Queens World Film Festival, premiering at The Secret Theatre on March 17, 2016.
From April 28 to June 14, Sepe raised $10,141 from 82 backers from a Kickstarter project to fund Lover, his debut feature film about a couple's relationship that deteriorates over a year. On October, he revealed that the film was transitioning towards production and also that Elías Ortega, the composer for the film, was hired. The trailer for the film was released on August 1, 2016, with release slated for 2017. On September 4 2017, the official Lover Twitter account tweeted out that the movie was done.
- King Candy poster.jpg
A "King Candy" Poster
Ralph Sepe Jr.'s YouTube channel ralphthemoviemaker revolves around him reviewing films and TV shows, as well as serving as a platform to release his short films. His most popular video is a review of the TV show Mystery Diners hosted by Charles Stiles which currently has over 2 million views. He currently has over 300,000 subscribers on YouTube.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Year||Title||Role||Release date||Length||Views||IMDb rating||Notes|
|2013||Paper Bag||Teenage Boy||n/a||15 minutes||n/a||6.2/10||Unavailable to public|
|2014||The High||Adam||28 June 2014||37 minutes||69K||7/10||Jury Award for Best Emerging Filmmaker|
|2015||King Candy||Glenn Leighty||27 March 2015||46 minutes||238k||7.3/10|
|Hereafter||n/a||30 May 2015||8 minutes||25K||6/10|
|2017||Brother's Paradise||James||28 April 2017||6 minutes||100K||5.4/10|
|Sauce||Stromboli Rigatoni||1 October 2017||4 minutes||167K||7.6/10|
|2018||Lover||Howard||29 April 2018||TBD||TBD||TBD||Feature Length Film|
|TBD||Untitled short film||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- EBERT, MICHAEL (5 June 2015). "Way to Go: Ralph Sepe, Franklin Square" (in Italian). Newsday. Retrieved 25 February 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Lover (A Film by Ralph Sepe Jr.)". Kickstarter. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "ralphthemoviemaker - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- R. Ebert, Michael (June 5, 2015). "Way to Go: Ralph Sepe, Franklin Square". Newsday. (Registration required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "KING CANDY by Ralph Sepe". Queens World Film Festival. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Lover (Film) [@LOVEROfficialpg] (28 December 2016). "@sheldon_andre Yes" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Sepe Jr., Ralph (27 October 2015). "MONTHLY UPDATE: October". Kickstarter. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "LOVER Official Trailer (A Film by Ralph Sepe Jr.)". YouTube. 2 August 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- (Film), Lover (4 September 2017). "The movie is done. It only took 3 years". @LOVEROfficialpg. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "ralphthemoviemaker". YouTube. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "THE HIGH (Award Winning Film by Ralph Sepe Jr.)". YouTube. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
This article "Ralph Sepe Jr." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ralph Sepe Jr.. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.