Samuel Ibiyemi (Publisher)
Samuel Ibiyemi is a Nigerian Journalist, publisher of Nigerian News Direct newspaper and politician. In 2018 he ran for governor of Osun State on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress. His campaign focused on job creation and Information Communication Technology infrastructure development.
Education and career
Ibiyemi attended Obafemi Awolowo University between 1991 and 1995 graduating with a degree in Economics before proceeding to University of Lagos where he earned a master’s degree in Economics in 1998. He started his journalism career with Industrial Leaders Magazine as staff writer. In 2000, he joined Financial Standard where he was Deputy Editor until 2009 before switching to Nigerian Tribune serving as Group Business Editor between 2010 and 2011. In March 2011, Ibiyemi established Nigerian News Direct Newspaper working as Editor- in-Chief of the paper.
In April 2018, Ibiyemi declared his intention to run for governor of Osun State on the platform of APC. His campaign manager was a former Deputy Governor of Osun, Sooko Adeleke Adewoyin. Ibiyemi’s campaign manifesto focused mainly on employment creation of 600,000 jobs for the youths and development of ICT infrastructure in four years. The Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi endorsed the program but this did not gain wide public support. On 16 July, in the build up to APC nomination, Ibiyemi announced his withdrawal from the governorship race in the Nigerian Capital, Abuja citing similarity of his campaign manifesto to Gboyega Oyetola’s program. He transferred his supporters to Oyetola who went ahead to win the governorship election.
- Published. "Publisher, journalist seek to succeed Aregbesola in Osun". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- osundotlife (2018-04-24). "Newspaper publisher declares interest in Osun guber race". osun.life. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Journalist joins Osun guber race, pledges 600,000 jobs in four years". Businessday NG. 2018-04-22. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- webmaster. "Youth Employment, My Cardinal Focus If Elected -Ibiyemi". Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "About Us". Nigeriannewsdirectcom. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Osun 2018: Ibiyemi, an asset to APC - Osun APC chairman". Businessday NG. 2018-06-25. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Ibiyemi, an asset to Osun APC, says chairman". Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Politics. 2018-06-27. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Publisher Seeks To Replace Aregbesola As Osun Governor". The Gazelle News. 2018-06-25. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- NewsDirect (2018-07-09). "Osun 2018 Guber: Ooni backs Ibiyemi on youths empowerment, 40,000 jobs creation". Nigeriannewsdirectcom. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Osun gov poll: Ooni backs Ibiyemi on youths empowerment". Vanguard News. 2018-07-09. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Ooni backs Ibiyemi on job creation, others". Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Politics. 2018-07-08. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- admin (2018-07-16). "Osun Guber Election: Aspirant Withdraws for Oyetola". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Osun Guber: Ibiyemi Withdraws To Back Oyetola". Leadership Newspaper. 2018-07-16. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Ibiyemi withdraws for Oyetola in Osun APC primary race". Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Politics. 2018-07-15. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
This article "Samuel Ibiyemi (Publisher)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Samuel Ibiyemi (Publisher). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.