|🏫 Education||Venice Ca' Foscari University|
|🏅 Awards||Veneto Region Award|
Search Sara Bonaventura on Amazon.
Sara Bonaventura is an Italian atelierista and visual artist. She is fascinated by emotional memories and everyday experiences, intimate immediacy as well as deeper unconscious, trying to include the viewer in an interactive process where the liminal space between other and self is unstable and changeable.
Sara Bonaventura love for video art started with an amateur vhs JVC in the early 1980s. Her art career at a young age. Bonaventura later filmed with a VHSC Panasonic; her work used a load of vhs and sometimes in her most current work.
Graduating from Experimental High School in Liceo Linguistico Sperimentale, Treviso in 2001, Bonaventura received her bachelor degree from Preservation of the Cultural Heritage, Venice Ca' Foscari University in Italy. In 2004, Bonaventura attended the Kunstgeschichte Seminar at Georg August University Göttingen. From 2007 to 2011 she returned to Venice Ca' Foscari University in Italy for her master degree in art history.
Bonaventura began her art journey with painting and drawing. She eventually gave up painting because of her apartment space, roommate and capacity of the area.
Sarah Bonaventura does a lot of work as an independent video artist. She directs and edits official clips and participates in collaborations with performers. Most of her work is frame by frame drawn or cut-out animations, analog shots, found-footage, and aesthetic. Bonaventura currently works as an art specialist in a IB school part of the EtonHouse International Group. She includes the study of iconography in her creative process. The result is rather risky, in a continuous combination of different codes.
Sarah Bonadventura is interested in the friction between fiction and reality. She uses different genres, in the performativeness of the ego, as nondichotomous variable, between subject and object, control and chaos. Her work is to make the audience aware of the metacognitive, the genealogical, the archeological levels, the metamorphic, the transformative, both in terms of contents and forms.
- 2017 Come se il colore stesse a guardarti, curated by Ester Grossi, Adiacenze, Bologna (IT).
- 2017 CRAC Centro di Ricerca per le Arti Contemporanee, Lamezia - Catanzaro (IT). 
- 2014 Pot of Gold, curated by Federica Patti, Spazio Barnum, Bologna (IT)
Selected Collective Exhibitions
- 2016 Endless Biennial, curated by Endless Editions, EFA Center, New York (US)
- 2016 NoPlace 3 & 49th Premio Suzzara, c/o Cinema Teatro Politeama, Suzzara - Mantova (IT)
- 2016 Transart Triennale | Spacebodies II, curated by Andrea Spaziani, Uferstudios, Berlin (DE)
- 2016 Joan Jonas’ workshop final ehibition, curated by Fundación Botín, Villa Iris, Santander (ES)
- 2015 Salonukah, Trestle Gallery, curated by Endless Editions, New York (US)
- 2015 Path Projects, Arena Studio Arte Gallery, Verona (IT)
- 2015 Rob Pruitt Flea Market, curated by Tommaso Speretta, A+A Gallery, Venice (IT)
- 2015 Time Table, A tavola nei secoli, curated by Roberto Piana, Palazzo Madama, Turin (IT)
- 2015 Fotografia Europea - Circuito Off, Tutti i luoghi il luogo, Reggio Emilia (IT)
- 2014 SubSculture Arts, Dal Riciclo all’Assurdo, Treviso (IT)
- 2014 Fotografia Europea - Circuito Off, La mia foto è la tua foto, Reggio Emilia (IT)
- 2012 Les enfantes terribles, Primo Piano LivinGallery, Lecce (IT)
- 2008 Re:public. Refusés!, Arsenale, Le Tese, Venice (IT)
Grants and awards
Sara Bonaventura has been honored with grants from Creative Capital, The LLP, ECHO Project, and ERASMUS. In 2014 she was the recipient of a Veneto Region Award. In 2015, she received the SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award.
Sara Bonaventura has participated in multiple art residencies. In 2015 was her first residency at Frans Masereel Centrum, Kasterlee. A year later in 2016, Bonaventura participated in two residencies. She stayed at Fundación Botín, Santander and Signal Culture Owego,New York. Lastly, in 2017 was CRAC Centro di Ricerca per le Arti Contemporanee in Italy.
- Bonaventura, Sara. "Sara Bonaventura Portfolio" (PDF). s-a-r-a-h. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- Bonaventura, Sara. "Sara Bonaventura Resume" (PDF). s-a-r-a-h.
- Bonaventura, Sara. "As if the color was looking at you/ Sara Bonaventura". adiacenze.
- "CRAC (Research Center for Contemporary Arts)". urbanexperience. creative commons attribution.
- "CRAC Centro di ricerca per le arti contemporanee". facebook. facebook.
- "Sara Bonaventura". Juliet art magazine.
- "Frans Masereel Centrum". Frans Masereel Centrum. Lauren Grusenmeyer & Raf Vancampenhoudt.
- "Fundación Botín". Fundacion Botin. Botín Foundation.
- "experimental media art residencies, exhibitions and resources". signal culture.
- "Sara Bonaventura". signalculture.org.
- "Experimental Media Art". Signal Culture. 2014 Signal Culture.
This article "Sara Bonaventura" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sara Bonaventura. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.