Schiavetti Lamiere Forate
|Founders 👔||Daniele Schiavetti and Felice Schiavetti|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Genoa, Italy|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||perforated sheets, embossed plates, metal profiles|
|28 million euros (2019)|
Number of employees
Schiavetti Lamiere forate is an Italian company, operating in the metallurgy sector, founded in Genoa in 1861, and today located in Stazzano (AL). It produces perforated sheets, embossed sheets and metal profiles.
The founder, Daniele Schiavetti, started in 1861 the activity of working metal wire for the construction of animal cages, in the years when the wealthier Genoese families used to buy exotic animals for their private homes. The cages were used for capture and transport by ship.
Felice Schiavetti & figli SpA was born from Daniele Schiavetti in 1900, and in 1923 the production of perforated sheet started. Over the years, production was adapted to the Italian historical / social change, and the company was trasnformed from a workshop into an industry, thanks to the purchasing of high-efficiency machineries for working metal in various forms.
In 1943 Felice Schiavetti left Genoa Cornigliano, the city of origin of the family, to move inland, with the intention of avoiding the bombings that repeatedly hit the city during the Second World War.
In 1955 the first full-pass perforation line from coil was purchased and in 1958 production of expanded metal was started. In 1962 Schiavetti participated in the foundation of Europerf.
In 1964 a new plant was built in Stazzano (Alessandria), where we can find the current production and legal headquarters of the company. In 1976 the production of SOVATEC high-strength steel nets began. In 1993 Schiavetti was divided into 4 companies: SCHIAVETTI PERFORATED SHEETS, RGS, SOVATEC and TELEMETALLICHE. In 2003 the production of polyurethane nets started. In 2008 Schiavetti Lamiere forate acquired Profilati Leggeri Cogoleto, specialized in the production of metal profiles. Since 2009 it also produces perforated pipes. In 2019 Schiavetti Lamiere forate gives job to over 70 people, including workers and employees, and sells its products both in Italy and abroad.
Schiavetti perforated sheets have multiple uses in different industrial sectors:
- Agriculture (agricultural machinery, dryers, filtration, sieving plans)
- Automotive (Aesthetic and functional elements such as car, truck, tractor, muffler masks)
- Safety (Aderstop anti-slip floors and fences, protective casing for machine tools)
- Soundproofing (panels for road and railway sound-absorbing barriers)
- Filtration (for the treatment of air, water, oils and chemicals)
- Appliances (filters for dishwashers, baskets for washing machines, panels for microwave ovens)
- Food industry (trays for industrial ovens, cold technology, baskets for fryers, fruit and vegetable presses, pasta cookers)
- Construction (facades, roofs, false ceilings, stairs, mezzanines)
- Furniture (street furniture, benches, garden furniture)
- Shipyards (walkways, cable trays, stairs, platforms)
Among the most important Schiavetti creations:
- Production of perforated aluminum sheets for the coating of the San Gerardo hospital in Monza
- Production of perforated stainless steel sheets for the redevelopment of the Port of Genoa Maritime Station
- Expanded sheets for the two towers of San Benigno (GE-Sampierdarena)
Other articles of the topics Italy AND Companies : Skybridge AirOps, Scuderia Ferrari's 90th Anniversary, Militi M.B.1, Officine Piccini S.p.A., Ferrari 70th Anniversary, Bertazzoni S.p.A., Penitalia SpA
Other articles of the topic Italy : Lelit, Carotenuto, Aldo, Bertazzoni S.p.A., Gino Tagliapietra, World Federation of Scientists, Scuderia Ferrari's 90th Anniversary, List of Italian films of 2017
Other articles of the topic Companies : Formic Technologies, Medallia, Inc., Newkia, Fiera Capital Corporation, Informatics India Limited, Darbhanga Aviations, Dexecure Pte. Ltd.
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of Italian companies
- "Ospedale San Gerardo".
- Rivista Inossidabile 192, luglio 2013
- "Sampierdarena dove c'era la coscia svettano i grattacieli".
This article "Schiavetti Lamiere forate" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Schiavetti Lamiere forate. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.