Shantilal Muttha (born 1953 in Dongerkinhi, Patoda Taluk, Maharashtra, India) is an Indian philanthropist known for founding the Shantilal Muttha Foundation, which works to improve education and awareness of democratic values, as well as the Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana.
Muttha was born into a poverty-ridden Jain family; his experiences growing up helped form his desire to help eliminate inequality. After receiving a Bachelors of Commerce with Honours from Pune University, he entered business as a property developer in Pune, and used the resulting profit to form the Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana, an non-governmental organisation dedicated to uplifting the poor in India.
Muttha has helped organise disaster relief after earthquakes in coalition with Muslim, Hindu, and Jain religious leaders, including founding an orphanage with a capacity of 1000, establishing food, water, and medical aid, as well as warm clothes. He also provides plastic surgery for those who need it, in collaboration with plastic surgeon Sharad Kumar Dicksheet. As well as dealing with the aftermath of earthquakes, such as the 1993 Latur earthquake, he has also helped with the effects of floods, diseases,droughts, and riots. He also still works as a property developer, having built 1,500 apartments, as well as the editor of Jain Ekta, a magazine that promotes reform among Jains. He has also collaborated with author Sudha Menon on an autobiography, entitled Blessed to Serve.
- "Mr.Shantilal Gulabchand Muttha". Jain World. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Shantilal Muttha: Founder & National President - Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana, Pune". Jain Samaj. Ahimsa Foundation. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- Gupta, Ranjan Das (26 January 2011). "Disasters continue to be managed poorly by states, says Shantilal Muttha". DNA India. Diligent Media Corporation. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- Sharma, Rajeshwari (2014). "The Man Who Brought Water To Drought-Affected Beed". The Better India. Vikara Media. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "'Blessed To Serve', an inspirational autobiography of Philanthropist Shantilal Muttha". Punekar News. 6 September 2015. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
This article "Shantilal Muttha" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.