Spain–Zambia relations are the bilateral and diplomatic relations between these two countries. Zambia does not have an embassy in Madrid but has an honorary consulate general, Mr Ramon Diaz de Bustamante and its embassy in Paris is accredited for Spain. Spain does not have an embassy in Zambia, but its embassy in Harare, Zimbabwe is accredited to this country and an honorary consulate in Lusaka.
Relations with Spain are considered cordial but, since they do not have a bilateral cooperation program and do not have a resident Embassy, relations are limited and are mainly framed in the context of relations with the EU of the Cotonou Agreement with the Dialogue Political Art. 8 and the cooperation program of the XI FED, of which Spain is the 5th contributor.
The appointment of an Ambassador (after three years with a Business Manager) who presented her credentials to President Lungu on the past 17 September 2015 and the meetings held on that occasion with several Ministers and other authorities, undoubtedly contribute to the relaunch of bilateral relations and to improve the visibility and presence of Spain in this country.
With regard to 2015, Spanish exports to Zambia increased by 63.15% while imports increased 163.85% compared to 2014. Exports rose to about 15 million euros, and imports to 9 million euros.
The classification of Zambia in terms of bilateral trade with Spain in 2013 refers to the following: as a customer it was in position 149 (in 2012, 150) and as a supplier in position 128 (in 2012, 129).
Spain committed to the development of the African country through United Nations and the European Development Fund of the European Union of which Spain is the fifth contributor.
The work of the Spanish missionaries focuses on Zambia in the health field. A large number of Spanish missionaries have been carrying out a task of strengthening and training health personnel in hospitals for decades outside the capital.
- List of foreign embassies in Spain Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- List of foreign consulates in Spain Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Ficha de Zambia Office of Diplomatic Information. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation. Section: Spanish Representation Data.
- Ficha de Zambia Office of Diplomatic Information. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation. Section: Diplomatic relations.
- Ficha de Zambia Office of Diplomatic Information. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation. Section: Economic relations.
- Ficha de Zambia Office of Diplomatic Information. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation. Section: Cooperation.
Others articles of the Topic Politics : Charles Fuselier, Ambassador, James Nelson Lee, Harriet Belchic, Swarna Bharat Party, Harmon Drew Jr., Canadian Trade Commissioner Service Office in Houston
Others articles of the Topic Spain : Outline of Spain, Colegio Español (Bata), Real Madrid, Retrobsesion, La Liga
This article "Spain–Zambia relations" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Spain–Zambia relations. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.