Style & Society (magazine)
|Contributing Editors||David Lee|
|Additional Staff||Brandy Bell|
|Year founded||November 2013|
|Based in||Los Angeles, California|
STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine is an online American women's magazine founded in November 2013 by Kinya Claiborne. Its components include lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, food and drinks, travel, and events.
STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine was founded by Kinya Claiborne in 2013. Previously, Claiborne managed public affairs, media relations, event marketing and community relations programs for international brands and entertainment industry clients in film, television, fashion, consumer products, transportation, and technology for 20 years. She is Editor-in-Chief of the magazine.
STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine is considered Claiborne's platform to share "the best news and the hottest trends." It publishes articles about online trending news and provides its readers "an exclusive front-row view of exciting events". Claiborne, the magazine's founder, is a StyleCon Influencer for the annual StyleCon convention in California. The convention celebrates women's empowerment and covers current beauty and fashion trends. The magazine has a combined reach of over 95,000 readers, including monthly newsletter subscribers, with over 20,000 unique visitors per month.
In August 2017, the magazine partnered with Le Mieux Cosmetics, a luxury skincare company, for its first Summer Soiree at the Le Mieux Beauty Suite in Pasadena, California. The "pink carpet" event included celebrity guests, social media influencers, and tastemakers.
In September 2017, it was announced that STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine would serve as a media partner, along with Vogue International and Destination Luxury, for the 2018 Spring/Summer Los Angeles Fashion Week. The magazine's founder Claiborne co-hosted the Los Angeles Fashion Week red carpet influencer launch event and the Los Angeles Fashion Week Opening Night Gala.
In November 2017, STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine founder Claiborne was nominated for the Los Angeles Business Journal Fashion Award in the Influencer / Trendsetter category for her work with STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine. The awards acknowledge the top apparel companies that drive economic growth in the Southern Californian region and make it a major force in the business of fashion. In 2018, she was nominated for the Los Angeles Business Journal Fashion & Beauty Award in the Influencer category.
The StyleList television series is an extension of the online publication which premiered in June 2016 on ONX, an online video platform. The weekly shows are hosted and co-executive produced by Kinya Claiborne.
- "Vote for Kinya Claiborne to be Jetset's next cover model". www.jetsetmag.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- User, Super. "Los Angeles Standard Newspaper - Los Angeles Standard Newspaper". www.lastandardnewspaper.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "About - STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine". STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Handerson, Shannah (July 27, 2016). "STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine Founder Kinya Claiborne Shares Entrepreneurial Insights". homebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "KINYA-CLAIBORNE – StyleCon 2017". www.stylecon.com. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- Claiborne, Kinya. "Style & Society Media Kit" (PDF). Style & Society. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "STYLE & SOCIETY x LE MIEUX Summer Soirée - Press Pass LA". Press Pass LA. 2017-08-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "AN INTERVIEW WITH KINYA CLAIBORNE, FOUNDER & EDITOR-IN-CHIEF STYLE & SOCIETY MAGAZINE". Destination Luxury. 2017-08-23. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Week, LA Fashion. "Stellar Lineup of International Brands Join LA Fashion Week, As It Gears Up For Its Fifth Season". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Fashion Awards" (PDF). Los Angeles Business Journal. The Community of Business: 20. Fall 2017.
- Shoji, Tadashi. "Style Influencer Kinya Claiborne Shares Her New Year's Eve Must-Haves | Tadashi Shoji". Tadashi Shoji. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "Fashion & Beauty Awards" (PDF). CBJ Online - National Cooperative Business Association | Los Angeles Business Journal. November 19, 2018. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "Conversations with the Inspiring Kinya Claiborne - Voyage LA Magazine | LA City Guide". Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- "Women's Council & Awards 2018: Nominees | Los Angeles Business Journal". labusinessjournal.com. Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- Mallon, Maggie. "I Went to Las Vegas to Celebrate My Birthday—I Ended Up Running to Save My Life". Glamour. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- Fortini, Amanda (2017-10-05). ""I Realized I Was Probably Going to Die There": Surviving the Las Vegas Shooting". The New Yorker. ISSN 0028-792X. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Kinya Claiborne". This is ONX. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Henderson, Shannah (September 8, 2017). "Inside Look: STYLE & SOCIETY Magazine Founder Kinya Claiborne Talks 'The StyleList', Future Initiatives". homebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
This article "Style & Society (magazine)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Style & Society (magazine). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.