Mr. Suresh Sambandam in 2020
|Born||Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Madras|
Founder of OrangeScape Technologies
Suresh Sambandam is an Indian technology entrepreneur and investor. He is the founder of OrangeScape Technologies and chief executive officer of Kissflow, a SaaS-based workplace automation platform.
Suresh Sambandam was born in Pondicherry and grew up in a small town called Cuddalore in Tamil Nadu. He finished his secondary education at St. Joseph in 1990 and joined his father's business of real estate at the age of 17. He earned a bachelor's degree through distance education in 1993 from University of Madras.
Suresh started his career as a software analyst in 1997 at HP Inc., where he remained from 1997-2000. At HP, he used Talarian’s real-time inference engine (RTIE) to detect frauds in cell phone networks for Vodafone. He was then employed at Selectica to head a team of engineers that developed an enterprise platform for health insurance companies and served for several years prior to founding OrangeScape.
Suresh is a regular speaker on various subjects of entrepreneurship and career at various industry forums & academic institutions, and is one of the founders of Asia’s largest SaaS Conference, SaaSBoomi. As a writer, he has contributed to publications including Forbes, Entrepreneur magazine, Medium (website), and also writes about social and policy topics in The Hindu - Tamil newspaper on topics like GST and Direct Democracy.
Suresh Sambandam is listed either sole or member of the following patents
- US8055995B2 - System and method of defining a hierarchical datamodel and related computation and instruction rules using spreadsheet like user interface..
- US7464185B2 - Method and apparatus for transfering data from a sending system to a receiving system, and program storage devices.
- US20060200772A1 - Procedural computation engine for providing complex calculated data results to an object-oriented server system accessible to service clients and agents over a data packet network.
Suresh Sambandam featured in the following books
- Dreamchasers: Entrepreneurs from the South of the Vindhyas from vitastapublishing by Shobha Warrier .
- Surge: Tamil Nadu's Growth Story from Westland Ltd Sushila Ravindranath.
- ஜீரோ டூ ஹீரோ(Zero to Hero - In Tamil) from Vikadan publications.
Awards and Honors
- 2018: Conferred ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ by CII (Confederation of Indian Industries)
- 2018: Awarded the ‘Cuddalore Best Citizen High Achiever Award’
- 2019: Kissflow awarded 'Best of Interop Awards'.
- 2019: Startup champion award from Tamil magazine group Vikadan
- List of Indian entrepreneurs
- List of Tamil businesspeople
- N, Ramakrishnan (21 August 2012). "The inspiring story of a million-dollar company". Rediff.com.
- Kumar, Sajan (16 January 2019). "Chennai To host SaaS BooMi, Asia's largest SaaS conference". The Financial Express.
- Ravindranath, Sushila (19 February 2018). "Food Cafe: Banking on a steady revenue stream". The Financial Express.
- Hariharan, Sindhu (11 June 2019). "Chennai-based startup Kissflow unveils unified digital workplace solution". The Times of India.
- Griffin, Jill (20 May 2019). "Another Way To The Corner Office". Forbes.
- N, Ramakrishnan (13 May 2019). "Workflow for businesses made easy with street learnings". Business Line.
- Eureka, Bharali. "OrangeScape to raise funding in next 6 months". Silicon India.
- "How KiSSFlow Onboarded 10K+ Customers In 120 Countries By Leveraging Inbound Marketing". Dailyhunt.
- Das, Nandana (5 May 2012). "OrangeScape Raises $1M Angel Funding From IAN". VCCircle.
- Venkatraman, Aarti (3 May 2017). "How KiSSFlow Onboarded 10K+ Customers In 120 Countries By Leveraging Inbound Marketing". Inc42.
- Soni, Virendra. "Winners of CII Connect Awards 2018". Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Soni, Virendra (6 June 2019). "7 biggest announcements at Interop 2019". Daily Host News.
- https://awards.vikatan.com/nanayam-awards/details.php?data=2019-startup-chamipon-award. Missing or empty
This article "Suresh Sambandam" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Suresh Sambandam. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.