|Born||Tracey Jamesdunn Fitzgerald|
December 14, 1992
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
Rapper, singer, songwriter
|📆 Years active||2016–present|
Tracey Jamesdunn Fitzgerald (born December 14, 1992), is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter from St. Louis, Missouri. Fitzgerald goes by the stage name of T.Fitz, which derives from the first initial of his name and the first four characters of his last name. He is an independent hip hop and r&b artist. T.Fitz is regarded as a prominent up-and-coming soulful artist on the west coast after moving to Salt Lake City, Utah when he was 14 years old and now residing in Los Angeles, California.
In April 2016, Wish Granted Record signed T.Fitz shortly after the independent release of his mixtape The Tape on SoundCloud in January 2016. His most successful track, “8town Hero” gained him thousands of fans without label backing.
In September 2016, T.Fitz released his first mixtape with Wish Granted Records titled Happy Valley and gained strong online recognition for his song "Jealousy" and "We Back”. The mixtape allowed him to perform on multiple media outlets, landed him radio plays on major stations, and popular blogs.
In 2017, the success of Happy Valley allowed him to sign a distribution deal with Sony Music in July. After signing with Sony Music, T.Fitz was invited that same year by Quality Control Music to open for Migos on New Year's Eve weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah at The Saltair. He has worked closely with Quality Control Music, Mark Battles, Migos, and other prominent figures in the music industry.
In March 2018, T.Fitz accepted his first national tour presented by Quality Control Music & Fly America to support Mark Battles. During the tour, T.Fitz released his first single after a one-year new music hiatus titled, "Your Love". In two weeks after its release, the song has now become his most streamed song on all major music platforms including Spotify and Apple Music.
2016: The Tape, Happy Valley, & Record Deal
In January 2016, T.Fitz independently released his first mixtape The Tape on SoundCloud which racked nearly 75,000 streams without label backing. In April, the 5-song mixtape landed T.Fitz a record deal with Wish Granted Record. Shortly after signing, T.Fitz removed his independent mixtape from Soundcloud and later on re-uploaded only "8town Hero," his most successful track on the project. His connection with Wish Granted Records had more meaning, as the song’s chorus featured vocals from Michael Barrow, a fellow label artist. Response to the mixtape was very positive and T.Fitz used that momentum to work on his second mixtape Happy Valley.
In May 2016, T.Fitz was in the studio constantly writing, recording, and producing music for his Happy Valley mixtape with his team at Wish Granted. He released two singles titled "We Back" and "Jealousy" off of the project in July and both songs remain his two most streamed songs on the project totaling over 100,000 streams. In September, the mixtape was official released on all major streaming platforms and racked up over a quarter million streams in just six months.
2017: Distribution Deal
In February 2017, T.Fitz left Wish Granted Records and played small shows around the U.S. while steadily growing his fan base. In July, he landed a distribution deal with Sony Music which steered his career to Los Angeles where he currently resides. This opportunity led T.Fitz to take his time to write and record new music while still networking with major labels and artists.
In September 2017, T.Fitz was invited by Quality Control Music to join and perform with the Migos at The Saltair on New Year's Eve weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah. With a crowd of 4,000 people, T.Fitz debuted music off of his upcoming EP with Sony Music. His performance received positive response and dubbed him the biggest hip hop artist coming out of Salt Lake City, Utah. T.Fitz became an overnight star in Utah and landed him dozens of requests from blogs, magazines, and media outlets to interview him.
2018: First Tour & New Music
After ending a successful year with the Migos, T.Fitz was invited on multiple national tours by major record labels. He subsequently accepted an 11-city tour offer in March to join Quality Control artist Mark Battles as main support on the Vasi World Spring Tour. During the tour, T.Fitz released his first single titled, "Your Love" released through his distribution deal with Sony Music. In two weeks after its release, ‘Your Love’ has now become his most streamed song on Spotify and Apple Music. The song has surpassed 100,000 streams on all major streaming platforms.
- The Tape (2016)
- Happy Valley (2016)
|2018||Vasi World Spring Tour|
- "T.Fitz (@TFitzMusic) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "T.Fitz About Section". Spotify. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- Media, Broadway (2018-03-30). "T. Fitz Talks Tour, Distribution Deals, and Upcoming Album – U92 Radio". Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "T.Fitz Biography (Living in Los Angeles)". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Wish Granted Records' T.Fitz to Break 30,000 Streams – Reach Provo News". reachprovo.com. 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Fox 13 Now - Utah rapper T. Fitz shares new album 'Happy Valley'". Fox 13 Now. 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Migos ft. T.Fitz Flyer on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Migos ft. T.Fitz at The Saltair – Block Party Entertainment". blockpartytix.com. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Migos ft. T.Fitz Flyer on Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Mark Battles Tour Flyer ft. T.Fitz on Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "T.Fitz Soundcloud (8town Hero)". SoundCloud. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Block Party Entertainment on Instagram: "New Year's weekend with @migos and @t.fitzmusic was a success!!". Instagram. 2017-12-31. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Migos/T.Fitz Flyer". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Mark Battles". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
This article "T.Fitz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:T.Fitz. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.